Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='sshorepunk' post='418550' date='Feb 24 2009, 05:05 PM']Mission Control is a 3 channel loooper pedal,[/quote]

Did you buy that on here? I wanted it - looks really handy.

[quote name='sshorepunk' post='418550' date='Feb 24 2009, 05:05 PM']MXR Blowtorch[/quote]

And I'm pretty sure I bought a Blowtorch off you last year, didn't I? Decided you missed it too much?

Your board sounds well set up. I need to knock up a couple of mini-loopers with momentary switches...

[quote name='cheddatom' post='418554' date='Feb 24 2009, 05:10 PM']Too much wah, not enough dirt!!![/quote]

Wait till I post a pic of my updated board this time next week :P There will be 12 pedals including a compressor, and 6 of them are overdrive/distortion/fuzz pedals :brow:

Pretty much complete overkill, but at least I’ve put 1 of them up for sale ;)

I like wah ;)

Yeah, I did get rid of the BT, but it's a nice synthy fuzz, so it's coming back in!

Momentray switching is great, like dancing on ya looper, yes i did get it off here a few month back

OK, I need more dirt, the BT is an almost synthy fuzz, can get messy, but it does the synthy fuzz better me thinks, Have been tempted by the odd Big Muff

T

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='417859' date='Feb 23 2009, 09:06 PM']I'm very tempted by [url="http://www.seppukufx.com/digitalpitchmodulator.htm"]this[/url], which sounds quite ring mod-ish on some settings, but does other anti-social noises too.[/quote]

I don't really understand why but I really, really want that...

• 2 weeks later...

...and the GAS it was no more. For once I've decided that I'm quite happy with my set up and I can't be arsed with any more pedals. It's a really nice feeling.

Though I do have an 18V Cool Cat (current one's a 9V) and DOD FX72 on the way, they'll probably stay off the board unless the 18V CC sounds better than the 9V.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='427713' date='Mar 7 2009, 12:00 AM']You can't post a photo like that without explaining why there's two LS-2s and two VTs.[/quote]

Haha, it's not nearly as interesting as it might look to some, but it works for me :)

The LS-2 to the left has a VT Bass in each loop, set to A<>B (on VT Bass for cleaner sounds, one for more overdriven). The LS-2 to the right is used to blend the DD-3, Cool Cat, Hyper Drive and Bass Auto Q with a clean signal. The EQ is used just for when I'm using my passive bass, as a kind of outboard preamp.

A lot has changed since the last time I posted a pic in this thread –

[attachment=21644:DSC02229.JPG]

I don’t really know what I’m doing in terms of separate stomp boxes and signal chains as I’m used to my Pod XT Live multi-effect pedal, but I’m having a lot of fun with this. I can’t fit all my effects on it though (not that I’ll need them) so I've got a delay, a symth, and another fuzz that I can't squeeze on. Oh well...

Check out my beasty practise amp :brow: I use that in the house rather than my main rig so the neighbours don’t call the police :)

[quote name='redzombie' post='428028' date='Mar 7 2009, 02:43 PM']Haha, it's not nearly as interesting as it might look to some, but it works for me :)

The LS-2 to the left has a VT Bass in each loop, set to A<>B (on VT Bass for cleaner sounds, one for more overdriven). The LS-2 to the right is used to blend the DD-3, Cool Cat, Hyper Drive and Bass Auto Q with a clean signal. The EQ is used just for when I'm using my passive bass, as a kind of outboard preamp.[/quote]

Cool, sounds nice and practical. You must really like the tone of the VT Bass. Is this why they're so hard to find - because you bought them all?

I still haven't tried one, been meaning to.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='426788' date='Mar 6 2009, 12:34 AM']Squeezer #007 if I'm not mistaken! How have your first days with it been?[/quote]

Indeed! It's been great! I love it to bits, but I need to be realistic about it's applications. It's really funky, but I don't play much funk or anything that calls for an envelope or Stevie-sounds. It's currently for sale, because I'm only using the fuzz circuit. I'm more of a rock kind-of-guy.

I may change my mind by the start of April though, because new firmware is being released. Should be interesting!

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='428035' date='Mar 7 2009, 02:59 PM']A lot has changed since the last time I posted a pic in this thread –

[attachment=21644:DSC02229.JPG]

I don’t really know what I’m doing in terms of separate stomp boxes and signal chains as I’m used to my Pod XT Live multi-effect pedal, but I’m having a lot of fun with this. I can’t fit all my effects on it though (not that I’ll need them) so I've got a delay, a symth, and another fuzz that I can't squeeze on. Oh well...

Check out my beasty practise amp :brow: I use that in the house rather than my main rig so the neighbours don’t call the police :rolleyes:[/quote]
tell you what, I will swap this:
Zoom 708ii - box, instructions
Marshall Echohead - box, instructions
Marshall Vibratrem - box, instructions
Marshall Reflector - box, instructions
Boss SYB3 - box, instructions
1 power bank pedal power distribution jobbie
4 patch cables
For your Bass Pod XT Live!! :)

[quote name='BassMunkee' post='433736' date='Mar 13 2009, 02:50 PM']tell you what, I will swap this:
Zoom 708ii - box, instructions
Marshall Echohead - box, instructions
Marshall Vibratrem - box, instructions
Marshall Reflector - box, instructions
Boss SYB3 - box, instructions
1 power bank pedal power distribution jobbie
4 patch cables
For your Bass Pod XT Live!! :)[/quote]

Cheers for the offer man but I’m happy holding onto the Pod at the moment. It comes in handy quite a lot :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Alfie' post='442456' date='Mar 23 2009, 02:23 PM']I've completed my last pedal build for the foreseeable future... "The Compressor", basically its an orange squeezer. I have also recently built the "This Belongs in a Museum", which is a LPB.

[/quote]

those box designs are very cool :)