Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='cheddatom' post='1325780' date='Aug 3 2011, 03:49 PM']But then i'd have to touch my actual pedals with my feet, like some sort of rotten plebeian[/quote]
Well then, employ someone to do it for you, like Chris Wolstenholme does for his tours :)

Hehehehe :)
Ian

Heres what ive got going at the moment.

I was really unimpressed with the two Iron Ether pedals up to now. Ive recently been trying a passive bass and it definitely plays better with the Oxide, so thats kept its place on the board. I finally got an EP-2 for the Xerograph today too and now I can get the sounds out of it that I bought it for! Im on a distortion hunt now but I cant find one that I like, expect the Agro to be up for sale soon. Also, after going round in circles for the past two years, im looking to get an OC-2 back on the board. Maybe then i'll be happy!

Here's mine. Got the pedaltrain today after buying a cheapo kinsman one and the inside just fell appart after 2 weeks.....
[attachment=86621:pb1.JPG]
[attachment=86622:pb2.JPG]

chain is Bass>pitchblack>chorus>Big Muff>Bass Balls>Boss Ps-2 pitch shifter/delay>Sansamp>opto Stomp

I feel your pain! I'm still having problems with mine aswell. It looked great in the shop, but as soon as I put pedals on it, the carpet ripped straight up! Staples and carpet glue seem to be doing the trick, but its not idea. I might cut a piece of wood to the same size as the bottom of the case, then cover that in carpet and screw it to the base of the case.

Here's some new shots of my board taken a few minutes ago. The Phase 90 is a new addition, and I've cleaned all the connectors between pedals. Next up, I need to make an In/Out box with a bypass switch.

[quote name='dan2112' post='1333857' date='Aug 9 2011, 05:36 PM']after buying a cheapo kinsman one and the inside just fell appart after 2 weeks.....[/quote]

[quote name='TheRockinRoadie' post='1335137' date='Aug 10 2011, 03:07 PM']I feel your pain! I'm still having problems with mine aswell.[/quote]

The cloth, with pedals still attached, came out of mine last week when I tried to remove one pedal.

[quote name='bartelby' post='1335154' date='Aug 10 2011, 03:14 PM']The cloth, with pedals still attached, came out of mine last week when I tried to remove one pedal.[/quote]

I've been having the exact same problem with mine. On a happier note, hopefully should have a new Devi Ever pedal soon :)

[quote name='bartelby' post='1335154' date='Aug 10 2011, 03:14 PM']The cloth, with pedals still attached, came out of mine last week when I tried to remove one pedal.[/quote]
I was hearing some strange noises from my pedal board, urned out to be my pedals ripping the carpet back. Opened up the case to find my pedals and psu in some weird carpet pedal ball :) not a pleasant sight!

Have you tried the tape that they mention on the GigRig website - apparently it is fantastic but I have to admit that I haven't used it as the velcro tape from Halfords seems to work fine for me.

[quote name='TheRockinRoadie' post='1337342' date='Aug 12 2011, 10:34 AM']Superglue wasnt any good, trust me. I even put industrial carpet glue on it, and that didn't work![/quote]

[quote name='ROConnell' post='1337365' date='Aug 12 2011, 10:49 AM']You could try velcro pads on the board and on the bottom of the pedals?[/quote]

I used to do that. The velcro was stronger than the adhesive sticking down the velcro pads so if you wanted to move a pedal, you just ripped the velcro off the board.

SNAP - had this with my old board but bought a PedalTrain and not had a problem since.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='1337368' date='Aug 12 2011, 10:55 AM']I used to do that. The velcro was stronger than the adhesive sticking down the velcro pads so if you wanted to move a pedal, you just ripped the velcro off the board.[/quote]

An updated pic of my current board.

[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/xgsjx/6039938614/"][/url]

Looking to add an OC-2 or similar & maybe another EP-2.
I also want an octave up pedal to use on a separate channel from the OC-2.

This is my current board with my hard rock band, using it with a couple of active thunderbird style basses & an active jazz.

Just picked up the Shoe Gazer yesterday & tried it out at a gig last night, so far I'm LOVING it!!

Should be moving around the board abit & generally improving it, with room for my wah & chorus (aswell as a better power supply & octaver)

[quote name='xgsjx' post='1339231' date='Aug 14 2011, 12:08 AM']An updated pic of my current board.

[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/xgsjx/6039938614/"][/url]

Looking to add an OC-2 or similar & maybe another EP-2.
I also want an octave up pedal to use on a separate channel from the OC-2.[/quote]

I remember when mine looked like that - :) lol

my current board:

i'm really liking this setup, been using it like this (minus the BBBOD, from a recent trade) for over a year in my current band, and everything works really well together. the DD-3 is obviously pretty simple but does what i need (wish it had a few presets though), phat b is a superb little booster, and set really low the BB is a great mild o/d.

real surprise was the BBBOD, got in a recent trade - it sits really nicely after the BB as an edgier distortion, even at mid to low gain it's quite woofy, almost a mild fuzz.. only problem is i just don't use my tri pie any more. it's just sat up on the shelf now - considering putting it up for sale but would surely regret it soon after!

Thanks dude, it is all good, my old pedalboard did not go to the top of the flightcase so you could have the lights wrap around the whole board. this one goes to the top so i can only put the lights facing me. if anyone wants to know where i got the lights ect the give me a message.