Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

HAHA Doddy, for some reason I thought you'd be one of the "don't touch my TOAN, your pedals make me SICK, I can't heard the true sound of of bass" brigade. Nice board!

[quote name='TomTFS' post='1018889' date='Nov 10 2010, 03:38 PM']

Just done. Just need to sort out the power supplies and get a Muff of some sort to fill that gap, not yet decided on which one though.[/quote]

What's in the top right?

[quote name='cheddatom' post='1018913' date='Nov 10 2010, 03:58 PM']HAHA Doddy, for some reason I thought you'd be one of the "don't touch my TOAN, your pedals make me SICK, I can't heard the true sound of of bass" brigade. Nice board![/quote]

Far from it. I love pedals :)
I've got a ruck more that won't fit on the board aswell.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='1018997' date='Nov 10 2010, 04:51 PM']Fiendish!! If they don't fit on the board they're wasted. Perhaps I could store them for you?[/quote]

Let me think........... nah,you're alright :)

You're welcome to check 'em out though.

[quote name='Doddy' post='1019008' date='Nov 10 2010, 04:57 PM']Let me think........... nah,you're alright :)

You're welcome to check 'em out though.[/quote]

cheers! I'll bear that in mind :)

[quote name='TomTFS' post='1019009' date='Nov 10 2010, 04:57 PM']FuzzHugger ABSynth. Very nasty sounding glitchable fuzz, hence why I need something a bit softer like a muff.[/quote]

interesting. I'll look for some sound samples.

After a year or two playing with myself, I'm now gigging once again. Haven't posted for a while, but here's what I'm currently rocking:

Wilson Freaker Wah -> Korg Pitchblack -> Xotic Bass BB -> SFX S&M with Bass Big Muff in the loop -> SFX X&M with Carbon Copy and Small Stone in the high channel

I had to pick up the S&M to blend the Bass Big Muff since EHX screwed up and made it so you can only mix in your wet signal with 100% dry level on the blended mode, which gives too much volume. But I need it as I haven't managed to find a better combination than my BB415 with both pickups on into the BB into the blended BBM! Such a doomy crunchy tone yet with plenty of clarity, since it's effectively a light overdrive and boosted fuzz in parallel. The Freaker is a smaller cheaper more adjustable replacement for the Parachute wah that I have up for sale (will get around to eBay-ing it one day). It sounds evil going into the fuzz! The X&M is there so I can just add delay and phaser to the midrange and treble, although I mainly use these for freakout oscillation noises, adjusting the pitch with my big toe whilst playing bass.

Edited by dannybuoy

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='1019553' date='Nov 11 2010, 12:06 AM']After a year or two playing with myself, I'm now gigging once again. Haven't posted for a while, but here's what I'm currently rocking:

Wilson Freaker Wah -> Korg Pitchblack -> Xotic Bass BB -> SFX S&M with Bass Big Muff in the loop -> SFX X&M with Carbon Copy and Small Stone in the high channel

I had to pick up the S&M to blend the Bass Big Muff since EHX screwed up and made it so you can only mix in your wet signal with 100% dry level on the blended mode, which gives too much volume. But I need it as I haven't managed to find a better combination than my BB415 with both pickups on into the BB into the blended BBM! Such a doomy crunchy tone yet with plenty of clarity, since it's effectively a light overdrive and boosted fuzz in parallel. The Freaker is a smaller cheaper more adjustable replacement for the Parachute wah that I have up for sale (will get around to eBay-ing it one day). It sounds evil going into the fuzz! The X&M is there so I can just add delay and phaser to the midrange and treble, although I mainly use these for freakout oscillation noises, adjusting the pitch with my big toe whilst playing bass.[/quote]

damn the IT police at work - can't see the picture!
sounds like a great setup, v.close to what i'm using - waiting on a BB preamp to replace my bassdrive, then into a BBM, and then PT999 phaser and AD9-Pro delay (loving the maxon pedals!) - but yeah, bit of phase or delay mixed in with the fuzz is the way forward!

Like i say can't see your board at work, but i'm running a phase before the muff, much prefer the sound that way round!

:)

WOW!! Got any samples?

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1020329' date='Nov 11 2010, 04:12 PM']Had the rehearsal space to myself last night so started putting together the full board for my Drum & Bass project. I'm going to need another night or two!

Here is a snap shot from my .modular synth section' which makes up about a quarter of the setup... Just add octave!

Shep[/quote]

[quote name='Salt on your Bass?' post='1020342' date='Nov 11 2010, 04:18 PM']:)

WOW!! Got any samples?[/quote]

Not with that full set up, and not recorded well...

This is with the Ring Mod, Freqbox, MB SuperSynth and other bits. Cack recording though - [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=72012&view=findpost&p=1017007"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&sho...t&p=1017007[/url]

Well, I think i am about there with my effects for now - so i have started my board - needs covering, which I plan to do with carpet (same as my Hartke cabs) just so i can use velcro hooks on the pedals - seems almost too easy. :)

[attachment=63809:board.jpg]

I made it wedge shaped, just so I can hinge the lid/footboard and have some storage for stuff too.

However it wasnt too easy - Drill slipped and....... :)

[attachment=63810:finger.jpg]

Managed to superglue the lump back in - hope its fixed for next tuesday jam sesh! :lol:

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='1022230' date='Nov 13 2010, 10:11 AM']Nice work! I suggest adding a Nocto Loco... I have the kit for one ready to build that's been sitting here untouched for over a year! One day I shall finally build it...[/quote]

Interesting pedal! I think I have enough for now though :)

The Moog MP-201 opens up such a world of possibility as well... You can do so much more with the Moogerfoogers on the back of that pedal!

Shep

[quote name='harvey1-8' post='1022597' date='Nov 13 2010, 04:48 PM']The size of the reminds me or Finbars old board.[/quote]

It is pretty substantial... I am using everything on it as well. Some pedals get more use than others but this project is pushing my limits. I kinda let my feet (rather than fingers) do the talking

Shep

[quote name='harvey1-8' post='1022611' date='Nov 13 2010, 04:59 PM']It looks awesome, those Moog pedals ain't sheep either. Worth the extra?[/quote]

Worth the Sheep... :)

The Low Pass Filter really is THE way to to the synth sweep & drone sound that guys like BOND & John Davis do, for that it's amazing. The Ring mod is very good, goes from Trem to bitcrush. The Freqbox is mental, and utterly amazing.

To get your monies worth out of them though you HAVE to have an expression pedal for each of them... Where the Freqbox is concerned I'd suggest 3 expression pedals and it becomes an endless supply of tones. I have the Freqbox in 3 channels of the multipedal and the ring mod in one, with the LPF on it's own pedal...