Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='Salt on your Bass?' post='1006207' date='Oct 30 2010, 11:17 AM']My first board! :) just got the PT2 and EHM Memory man with hazarai from my good lady for my birthday!! Great stuff!!

Looking at getting a Pitchblack, and maybe swapping out the blowtorch for something else....but not sure.....definitely got the bug!!! Also thinking about th EHX Freeze.

Using the velcro from the PT2 at the moment, and seems all good - nothing seems to move!!

So the order:
Weeping Demon>VT Bass Deluxe>Blowtorch>TC Nova Modulator>Ehx Memory Man with hazarai....all goes to a shuttle 9 and a coupla barefaced cabs. Love it!! :lol:

[attachment=62556:Pedal_Board.jpg]

:D[/quote]
My suggestion is to keep the blowtorch for extreme overdrive and get a gentler distortion pedal for 'everyday' use. In my experience the Ashdown drive plus is a nice 'clean' distortion; just enough to cut through a busy mix etc... The blowtorch tends to just do varying degrees of "chainsaw", which isn't always what you want (though it's worth it to see the guitarist look round as you fire it up: :) .Priceless!).

The Blowtorch is a very MXR pedal - it's well-behaved and quiet and nice. But who wants that from a fuzz pedal? Even with everything up full it wasn't fuzzy enough.

I like the fact that they put a clean blend onboard and the switchable mids are also a good idea, but if I'm putting 18v into a distortion pedal I expect to get my voltage's worth back out of it.

Well mine lasted all of a day. Tried my SD-1 clone thats had a monte allums mod to turn into TS808 esq specs. Sounded f***ing awesome, so much so that i removed the SFX Red Dragon and ODB-3

Still trying to work out if i can get the demon on there :)

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='1011529' date='Nov 4 2010, 12:15 AM']The Blowtorch is a very MXR pedal - it's well-behaved and quiet and nice. But who wants that from a fuzz pedal? Even with everything up full it wasn't fuzzy enough.

I like the fact that they put a clean blend onboard and the switchable mids are also a good idea, but if I'm putting 18v into a distortion pedal I expect to get my voltage's worth back out of it.[/quote]
IKWYM, but it really comes into it's own with either an octave pedal and/or some overdrive before it. then it rips.

I run the vt on pretty extreme overdrive/distortion settings for the basis of my tone most of the time. The mxr is definitely a bit too smooth on its own, i always have the gain cranked on it. Been thinking about whether a swollen pickle would be a more aggressive option than the blow torch, i do love the torch, justooking for more aggression sometimes. Then again, the turbo rat does a nice job of that for me ...... think ill see how that couples with the torch actually, as i hadnt put it on the board!!

Hmm, I'm guessing from these responses that my blowtorch sounds a bit more "Raaaaa!" than everyone else's. Maybe it's because I'm using mine through a preamp into protools instead of through a speaker. I think I'll have to crank up my amp soon to see what it sounds like through that...

[quote name='philipleonard' post='1013611' date='Nov 5 2010, 06:44 PM']I never used to be much of an effects guy, thought compresssion and chorus would be more than enough. So I bought them, and then thought "what about a bit of overdrive/distortion?". Before I knew it my pedals justified getting a board to house them in. So here it is my first pedal board.[/quote]
that is a work of art. i bet it sounds as good as it looks.. :)

edit: chorus @ front ? also, is that another compressore at the top right ? please explain..

Edited by phil.i.stein

[quote name='phil.i.stein' post='1013620' date='Nov 5 2010, 07:48 PM']that is a work of art. i bet it sounds as good as it looks.. :)

edit: chorus @ front ? also, is that another compressore at the top right ? please explain..[/quote]
If I don''t have the chorus first I get a high-pitched undulating interference from te Unichorus, sepecially when I dial in the filter from my Markbass amp. God knowa why!.
The second compressore is up for grabs.

This effects lark is very addictive. It's gonna cost me a lot of money, I can feel it in my bones.

[quote name='philipleonard' post='1013650' date='Nov 5 2010, 07:08 PM']If I don''t have the chorus first I get a high-pitched undulating interference from te Unichorus, sepecially when I dial in the filter from my Markbass amp. God knowa why!.
The second compressore is up for grabs.

This effects lark is very addictive. It's gonna cost me a lot of money, I can feel it in my bones.[/quote]
i haven't tried chorus yet, but from what i hear, it usually sits at the end of the chain, [u]but[/u] everyone has different set-ups etc., so whatever works for you is good. i am spending far too much money/time on fx at the moment (which i don't have) , so i sympathise :)

keep posting..

Edited by phil.i.stein

[quote name='philipleonard' post='1013611' date='Nov 5 2010, 06:44 PM']I never used to be much of an effects guy, thought compresssion and chorus would be more than enough. So I bought them, and then thought "what about a bit of overdrive/distortion?". Before I knew it my pedals justified getting a board to house them in. So here it is my first pedal board.[/quote]
At last your journey to the dark side is complete.

[quote name='philipleonard' post='1013965' date='Nov 6 2010, 07:38 AM']The extension cable on my board takes up too much room and is very messy. Any ideas which power-blocks can supply 3(or more) 12v pedals and th usual 9 volt suspects ?[/quote]
not sure whether it will do 3 x 12v, but the diago powerstation might be your best bet. fire them an e-mail to find out. their customer service is excellent.

i use it with my mb compressore, and various 9v and 18v too.

[url="http://www.diago.co.uk/"]http://www.diago.co.uk/[/url]

Edited by phil.i.stein

[quote name='phil.i.stein' post='1013983' date='Nov 6 2010, 09:42 AM']not sure whether it will do 3 x 12v, but the diago powerstation might be your best bet. fire them an e-mail to find out. their customer service is excellent.

i use it with my mb compressore, and various 9v and 18v too.

[url="http://www.diago.co.uk/"]http://www.diago.co.uk/[/url][/quote]
The guy from Diago wrote

" Hi Philip,

The Powerstation is able to power most 12V pedals, not by actually outputting 12V, but by the fact that most pedals are designed to work within a tolerance of voltages, so long as they are supplied with enough current. For example, all the T-Rex pedals work at 9-12V, even though they're sold as "12V pedals".

Regarding specifically the Mark Bass pedals - I have to say that I don't know, since we haven't had any yet to test".

And seeing as it works on your Compressore, it should work on mine. Cheers Phil.i.stein

Here's where I'm at after slinging together a new board the other day. Not too different from the last incarnation. I'm about at the point now where I have more stuff to put on a PT2 than I can fit, but not enough to go for a PT-Pro. I don't want to go back to a board that size either :/

And the back incase people are interested in that kind of thing o_O God knows how I managed without cable ties.