Why become a member? ×

Who actually feels 100% happy with what they've got?...

Josh

I'm 100% happy [i]now[/i]. It has been a real year of the GAS though.

(italics denote traded with a Bass Chatter)

[u]In[/u]
Spector LX-EX6
Spector LX-EX5
Spector Performance 5
[i]Crafter electro-acoustic fretless[/i]
[i]Washburn AB10 fretless[/i]
Washburn XB600
[i]Genz-Benz Shuttle 6.0
Bergantino 1x12 (two)
Schroeder 1210R[/i]
[i]John East Retro[/i]
Ashdown octave divider
Behringer chorus pedal
Korg GA-30 tuner
[i]Bass Pod XT[/i] (to replace the one I sold)
[i]FBV Floorboard [/i]
[i]Boss CS-3[/i]

[u]Out[/u]
[i]Spector LX-EX6 [/i](pawned to Crazykiwi)
Fender Aerodyne Jazz
Crafter electro-acoustic fretless
[i]Washburn AB10 fretless
Washburn AB10 fretted
Washburn XB600
Schroeder 1210R[/i]
Ashdown octave divider
[i]Bass Pod XT[/i]
Pocket Pod
[i]Boss CS-3[/i]

[size=4]When I go to Bass Day, I'm only buying strings,[/size] [size=3]I'm only buying strings,[/size] [size=2]I'm only buying strings,[/size] [size=1]I'm only buying strings, [/size]

Happy with the Warwick 4-stringses. Happy with number 1 fretted Tsai 5-string and with Tsai 7-string, the defretted one and number 2 fretted need some work, and the 6 needs completing. Happy with the Superfly. The 2x10 sounds good but has poor sensitivity. The AX3000B should do me for effects, and if it doesn't I've got a V-Amp and an RFX-2000 to play with too.

Only true GAS is for a speaker and a 5-string fretless. When I get myself revved up sufficiently, building a pair of Omni 10.5s should sort the first out, and a bit of work on the neck of the defretted Tsai should sort out the latter.

I'm good. The SWR/GK hybrid is working for jazz trios and the Eden for louder gigs. The Wal is perfect for me and has been for a long time now.

My only GAS would be to exchange my Status Energy Artist 6 for a 6-string fretless, just to try one out.

I am working on my mind at the moment! That's far harder to change!

[quote name='YouMa' post='294764' date='Sep 29 2008, 06:07 PM']Im perfectly happy with my penis 100%[/quote]
Amusing that you say that YouMa, 'cos the icon pic you've got for your profile is of James Harries - the child antique prodigy.
Who underwent a gender reassignment operation - paid for by Max Clifford, and is now a transsexual called Lauren.
Clearly not 100% happy with his / her penis!
Don't ask me how i know, it was one of those pub "do you remember such-and-such" conversations that went to it's inevitable conclusion of having to know all the facts.
Sorry, pointless tangent post over!

:) :huh:

[quote name='Josh' post='294636' date='Sep 29 2008, 04:19 PM']as of the last 3 or more months I've been constantly happy with everything in regards to bass.

almost every day now and has been for the last 2 months specifically.[/quote]

Yeah, but that's only because you've bought a new 6 String & a swapped a cab in that time - give another 3 months & then tell us how you're getting on :)

For once in my life i am actually happy!! (been through about 10 basses this year)

Since getting my Sadowsky's nothing has caught my eye/ear at all! they just nail it every time!

like yesterday i turned up for a session not knowing what to expect! I'd never worked with this guy before and hadn't even heard the track but i just DI"d my Metro UV70 and it totally nailed every sound required! The producer was like "wow! it really is a pleasure to listen to you play!" how could i ask for any more than that?

Every time i try to doubt these basses they just get better!

The best part is they're starting to give me the confidence to turn up to the session/rehearsal/gig and get the job done without constantly worrying about my sound like i used to! that meens i can concentrate on my playing instead of my gear and i can actually start havin some fun!! :) :huh: and thats what its all about! right?? :huh:

The last time I was happy with my gear, playing etc was when I got my '72 4001. Through my Trace AH150 (original series) and 4x10 (likewise) it was the sound I'd always had in my head; the old band was playing a lot, I was in great physical shape, was playing for hours a day, was on top of my game in all ways except in terms of theory.

When my back problems started I had to sell the rig and I've never been happy with my sound since. None of the lightweight solutions I've played so far have "my" sound. I hardly get any practice in now for reasons many and varied, my back and neck appear fairly knackered and I now seem incapable of making my right arm do exactly what it's supposed to for a whole set, the band I'm in struggles to get gigs (and appears to be cursed in terms of personal disasters!), you name it, it's crap. In fact recently I was beginning to struggle with the concept of playing at all as all it seemed to do was make me miserable. Still, we plod on, hoping for a light at the end of the tunnel.

That's my happy post for the day. :)

Happy 100% at last.

Just bought a 70s Classic Jazz bass. [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=28783&view=findpost&p=297045"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=297045[/url]

Played last nite through my Trace stack. THAT sound just blew me away. Even those at the back of the clubhouse said the bass hit them in the chest.

You know its right when you hit that B note on the E string, makes yer ribs flex...............ahhhhh!

Edited by neilb

• 4 months later...

well i was perfectly happy.... then last month somebody on here was selling a dream bass it was all change.

1983 JV Fender 'Squier series' '57 P bass -------> Hughes and Kettner QT600 --------> tech soundsytemns ct2000 2x12

I also have a home built fretless and a lovely Warwick 1991 SS1 and a takamine g**** sitting around for variation.

What i want is to actually play them more... and in a proper band again!
oh and a few new jack to jacks.....

I am completely smitten with my Vette $$, and my POD X3 Live. But I am really not sure about my Fender Jazz Special fretless. In fact I was barking and squeaking about it to my insignificant other a couple of nights ago, and she said she would buy me a Warwick fretless if I can get my overdraft down to zero. Now that's an incentive :)

Mrs Terri Tinman hey :)

Me I'm totally sorted. My ACG Harlot, LMII and 2 x Aguilar GS112's (one NH) do it for me very well thank you.

A decent fretless is something I aspire to play though.

Peter

Edited by GreeneKing

[quote name='pete.young' post='424615' date='Mar 3 2009, 10:31 PM']Well, not really. I need a 5 but don't particularly want one, so I need to find one that I really REALLY want to play. If that makes sense. Step away from the beer whilst posting to basschat![/quote]

I'm in the same boat.

I'm 100% happy with my old Thumb, but I need a 5, so it would have to be an early year Thumb 5, and I'd have to shift my current Thumb to fund it, and I don't wanna!

I'm going to keep playing anything that involves the low notes with an OC-2 and pretend I didn't hear anyone who tells me I should get a 5.