Why become a member? ×

Who did you see live last?

ubit

It was a great gig!

I was explaining to someone about Doug’s Trace cabs as they weren’t sure what they were - had to stop myself going into full geek mode 🤣

I thought both bands were great, though from where we were Gary Cherone did seem to be struggling to pitch a fair bit, always felt flat.

But the energy levels and musicianship on display… wow. I think MiniMert was suitably impressed, his head was bobbing up and down throughout 😎

Great to see @cetera briefly as we’re were looking at the (tiny!) merch stand 🙂

1 hour ago, cetera said:

…. thought they should have dumped the opening Led Zep cover and played Middle Man instead... Who needs covers when you have a limited set time?

I thought that was a bit odd. Strange decision that.

Do you know what Pat’s red bass was? Sorry to keep picking your brains 😂

1 minute ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

I thought that was a bit odd. Strange decision that.

Do you know what Pat’s red bass was? Sorry to keep picking your brains 😂

Yep, it was an old late 80's Hamer Blitz bass. He picked it up recently and has been playing it on this tour...

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, TeresaFR said:

The last gig I went to was Rhombus, Black Riders Cult, and Dhampyres in Leeds on Saturday. I know, goth bands most people won't have the vaguest idea about but worth a listen if you like your music on the darker side as I do, and it's good to give a shout out to smaller bands.

Cool, I haven't heard of Dhampyres. I'll check them out.

1 hour ago, Rayman said:

Sleaford Mods & Big Special 

img_1_1701814042682.thumb.jpg.cf0addf88b3ad5370297dcd6d0d683fa.jpg

img_2_1701814065192.thumb.jpg.773d2c2e1b34e970e3420f3887c6cf6a.jpg

Superb both

Was in my favourite local tonight (The Fountain Inn in Walsall) and caught a set from Big Special. Free gig, raising money for local homelessness charities. They were giving away a load of Christmas trees no questions asked to anyone who needed one but may be a few quid short. One of the band used to work in the pub a few years back. There’s giving back for you. Top work, lads.

• Like 1

Hi  Stub - yes really pleased with the cab - its actually LFSYS (low frequency systems)  

Have been trying a few gigs on its own and a few with an extra cab under it because I

use so much bass boost for reggae - have used it on its own for small gigs - but feel more 

comfortable with the extra cab for larger halls - plus our guitarist has just taken delivery of

his new FRFR 200 watt rig - that's RMS !!   so I need to keep the low end covered - but the 

beautiful clear clear sound of this cab ( Monaco ) is superb 

• Like 2

@Hamster and his Sound of AC/DC band at the Camphill Social Club in West Byfleet, Surrey on Friday night!

Two hours plus of classic and not so classic DC performed brilliantly with Hamster holding down a solid foundation on a gorgeous sunburst MusicMan :)

Edited by cetera
spelling
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, rwillett said:

That's a great photo. Any closer and you'd be in the orchestra 

😄

Tickets are already on sale for next year's Christmas sing-along; I know it's a long way off, but it's a hugely entertaining evening.  It appears that the seats we were in (2nd row, right in the middle, little kids in front of us, so clear view), now form part of a VIP experience now (VIP lounge, drink, foodstuffs), which is a tad disappointing (and over double the price), but it's the way of the world I suppose.

One *VERY* entertaining element from last night, we had a group of people behind us who'd travelled down from Yorkshire for a few days.  Every time something was announced, they'd literally be going to each other (and apply an ee'bah'gum accent here), 'Ooh, I bloody love this one, don't you love this one?  Do you love this one, mum?' and then they'd all go, 'Ee, yes, I love this one.'  One of their number sang along constantly, and while credit to him, he was riffing a bit and not necessarily singing the right words or tune.  He just didn't care. 

Golcar Brass Band.
Nativity thing in Haworth village church which was packed to the rafters. The vicar dressed as an angel was MC.  Frankly I think most people were in there sheltering from the rain. No photos, tuba in the bass register.  I don’t normally like brass bands but they were on form with no bum notes and the audience joined in with the carols. Great atmosphere. First time I’ve been to anything like that in a very long time. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I saw British Lion (Steve Harris solo band) at Leo’s Red Lion in Gravesend this evening. It was brilliant, and just as good as when I saw them in the same venue a couple of years ago.

I find it amazing that he gives just as much effort and enthusiasm playing in a tiny place like this as he does playing at The O2.

I managed to shake his hand as he walked past at the end as well.

06974682-042E-47C4-B153-94F380AEB769.jpeg

• Like 2