Why become a member? ×

LONDON BASS GUITAR SHOW 2016

TheGreek

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1457508201' post='2999101']
Been honing my slap technique in preparation for the weekend.... :ph34r:
[/quote]

I've bought a new tin dustbin lid and some wooden spoons in preparation which my 2 1/2 yr old daughter will be playing throughout the afternoon. :)

Hi all. I'll be there working 'Upright Bass Zone' for Bass Guitar magazine. They have 10-12 double basses there, and I'm there (presumably) to help and show some techniques etc to get started etc. Basically, an excuse for a hang. Those inclined, do come and say hello. Hopefully we may be able to talk over the wail of slap bass...

The eticket thing is confusing me a bit, there's an attachment to download, but nothing seems to open it. The email itself has the barcode and details... can anyone (LBGS) tell me if the printed email is valid for entry?

[quote name='NickD' timestamp='1457608031' post='3000037']
The eticket thing is confusing me a bit, there's an attachment to download, but nothing seems to open it. The email itself has the barcode and details... can anyone (LBGS) tell me if the printed email is valid for entry?
[/quote][quote name='NickD' timestamp='1457608031' post='3000037']
[/quote]

I couldn't print the ticket from the download either. So I emailed their customer support and they sent me a ticket via a link inserted in an email. I was able to open and print that. They responded same day.

[quote name='gcordez' timestamp='1457603818' post='2999987']
Hi all. I'll be there working 'Upright Bass Zone' for Bass Guitar magazine. They have 10-12 double basses there, and I'm there (presumably) to help and show some techniques etc to get started etc. Basically, an excuse for a hang. Those inclined, do come and say hello. Hopefully we may be able to talk over the wail of slap bass...
[/quote]
Hey Greg, I'm coming down so it will be great to meet you and say hi. What are the basses that are on display?

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1457614121' post='3000103']
I couldn't print the ticket from the download either. So I emailed their customer support and they sent me a ticket via a link inserted in an email. I was able to open and print that. They responded same day.
[/quote]

Got a reply in under 5 minutes with proper links provided, job done.

That's pretty decent customer service!

I can only go for Saturday morning, but would really enjoy it I think. Mostly aiming to meet Sander DeGier in person, since he made me such a lovely bass (and possibly ask him where I can source more R.Cocco Nickels, they're the absolute tits). Would be keen to check a few bass exhibits and say hi to some BCers too.

Is it worth coming if just for half a day?

[quote name='Hector' timestamp='1457633145' post='3000483']
I can only go for Saturday morning, but would really enjoy it I think. Mostly aiming to meet Sander DeGier in person, since he made me such a lovely bass (and possibly ask him where I can source more R.Cocco Nickels, they're the absolute tits). Would be keen to check a few bass exhibits and say hi to some BCers too.

Is it worth coming if just for half a day?
[/quote]I would guess it depends on whether you are interested in seeing the performers. You could probably do all the stalls easily in 90 minutes, and that is taking a reasonable amount of time on each stand you are interested in.

I'll be looking out for basschat lanyards on our stand C16. We don't have Smooth Hound lanyards but we do have Smooth Hound T-shirts :)

My pal Jay-Tee Teterissa is coming over from Holland to play his Marleaux bass through some big EBS rig on our stand. Nice.

Please do come and say hello. It'd be great to put some faces to some (user)names.

Gutted I can't go to this! Especially as there's a Warwick stand this year. I'd like to take my Infinity along to it and ask them why I got quoted 4k for a neck repair (that's a different story though).

All jokes aside, I believe my friend Mr Bill Banwell (Warwick endorsee) is at the Warwick booth on the Sunday so pop along and check him out. Man has some serious skills.

Everyone have a good time!