Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Retro810. . . . . form an orderly queue

chris_b

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1444313003' post='2882154']
That's crazy!! That's more than the ampeg heritage 810! And the orange! Yeh it's gonna be light but Christ!
[/quote]

Don't quite get the logic of that argument (and not trolling or trying to pick a fight here). Surely it is down to which one is better, not the brand name?

[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1444315458' post='2882185']
Don't quite get the logic of that argument (and not trolling or trying to pick a fight here). Surely it is down to which one is better, not the brand name?
[/quote]
+1

Having gigged an ampeg Heritage 8x10 and a BF Retro 610 the BF was a superior cab so I'd imagine the BF 810 to be worth the extra cash.

Bear in mind there are eight speakers in there, and the speakers are expensive (more expensive than the ones used by Ampeg and Orange, certainly).

The price of the speakers alone must be several hundreds of pounds... Compared to the price of the other BF products, I don't think this is outlandishly expensive.

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1444313352' post='2882160']That's a lot of money, and as it's so unique it's hard to see what similar things cost. The Ampeg Heritage 810 is a grand. I suppose you've got to ask how much the weight saving is worth (obviously sound quality and dispersion are factors too)[/quote]

FWIW, while the street price is a grand, the RRP on the Heritage SVT-810E is £1300, according to some other people also in Brighton.

[url="http://www.gak.co.uk/en/ampeg-heritage-hsvt-810e/58425"]http://www.gak.co.uk...hsvt-810e/58425[/url]

Though you're only ever going buy at RRP from Barefaced, so it may be a bit of a moot point.

Looking at the raw numbers (and consistent reports about BF cabs in general) the BF is about twice as loud, so, arguably, you could save yourself buying [i]two[/i] SVT cabinets if you need to play that loud :)

Not that I need anything like this for what I do.

Edited by cybertect

[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1444315458' post='2882185']
[/quote]

it was more about those being the most expensive 810's i know nothing about brands.

[quote name='cybertect' timestamp='1444322431' post='2882265']

My maths says, excluding shipping, it's £50 cheaper than a 610 and a 210 (£1099 + £449 = £1548). :unsure:
[/quote]

You need to shop around :D
http://www.electromusic.co.uk/Barefaced-Retro-610-Bass-Cabinet.html

Edited by Roland Rock

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1444322871' post='2882267']

it was more about those being the most expensive 810's i know nothing about brands.
[/quote]

i think EBS neo and pro line 8x10's are far more expensive.

Edited by ordep

[quote name='tonewheels' timestamp='1444337621' post='2882460']
You'll need two of these to get full power out of an SVT.

SPL would be, as Rolls Royce would have put it, adequate.
[/quote]

Is not the max power of a valve amp independent of the impedance tap used..? :huh:

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1444337835' post='2882465']
Is not the max power of a valve amp independent of the impedance tap used..? :huh:
[/quote]

Yeah it is, you'll get approximately the same power regardless provided the load of the speaker is matched to the impedance of the output transformer secondary winding.