Why become a member? ×

Motorhead At Glasto 2015 - BBC4

spongebob

Just a heads up that BBC4 will be showing Motorhead at Glastonbury this Friday night.

To be followed by the excellent 'Lemmy - The Movie'.

Well done the Beeb for showing something decent from Glastonbury. I always record all the coverage, but this is the first time there's a band I want to see! :)

Saw them quite a few times . The last couple of times ( Wembley arena & Hyde park) , they were pretty dreadful. Never thought I'd ever say that.
Hyde park last year, started brilliantly with some old classics. The new stuff was ropey to say the least. Lemmy was very frail then .
Having said that, they'll,probably play a blinder at glastonbury.

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1435164394' post='2806151']
Saw them quite a few times . The last couple of times ( Wembley arena & Hyde park) , they were pretty dreadful. Never thought I'd ever say that.
Hyde park last year, started brilliantly with some old classics. The new stuff was ropey to say the least. Lemmy was very frail then .
Having said that, they'll,probably play a blinder at glastonbury.
[/quote]

Hope so. I was a bit put off by the Wembley gig - just the size and scale of the place. I always think the 'head should be up close and very personal! :D

BBC4 8.30pm.

It was originally scheduled at 9.30 on my guide, but it's now 8.30.

Apparently they're on a little bit earlier - for an hour I believe - not sure if we're get a running 1/2 hour, or highlights.

Just hope the iPlayer will show the full set. :gas:

Just set my telly-box-thing to record the 1/2 Motörhead set (highlights, presumably) and the Lemmy movie afterwards.

Now, if only there was a way to record BBC programmes onto the computer...

… http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/39019/get-iplayer-automator

[quote name='paul j h' timestamp='1435348941' post='2808069']
I saw them in their prime on the Overkill (I think) tour around 1979. They are not great now, oh my god its a drum solo!
[/quote]

That made me laugh' omg it's a drum solo' ;) ;)
Gotta be honest, I'm looking at what people are saying on here , before I eve n contemplate watching it . Saw them on the overkill/ bombed/ ace torus etc.
They lost their way in the mid'80s. Rock 'n'roll tour / album awful.
They played a blinder at donington ( ozxy headliner) . Awful at Wembley , and Hyde park last year.
IMHO lemmy / Phil/ Eddie the essential . Having said that , Mickey dee is an awesome talent, and apparently manages Motörhead financially .

[quote name='Dom in Somerset' timestamp='1435162949' post='2806127']
Pity I won't be able to watch it. ...
Because I'll be there!!! (yes I'm gloating)
I saw them in 1982 really looking forward to seeing them again.
[/quote]

It was bad enough watching them sat in the comfort of my chair and in the dry.
Watching that performance standing in the rain must be pretty miserable.

I'm turning Glastonbury off, done.

Been on for 25 minutes.

Just saw a thing on Twitter:

@aboycalledyoung: Dave Grohl thought it'd be hard to play Glastonbury with a broken leg, so God knows how Florence will get on with the entire BBC up her arse

Hahaha

Are they still playing ? Funny thing is, last year ( I think) Florence was on BBC red button doing an indoor gig, and tbh she was ok.
Just thinking, a couple of bands who could've played Glastonbury as they are in the UK ; prim us and korn ! Even slip knot were here recently .
Mind your, I detest BBC coverage of the smug presenters and smugness in general. They'd probably only show about 10 mins if that, and I'd never dream of going to Glastonbury

Soft BBC presenter bint - "Sorry about this...Lemmy's smoking in this interview...we don't condone that"

Shut up. Just shut up. Stop trying to protect me from the evils of the world and apologising to appease the outraged liberals.

As for the band - sound seemed to change dramatically in the middle of 'Rock It' - all of a sudden the bottom end appeared, like the someone realised that the high pass filter was on. :D

Not my thing really, and I'm pretty sure they were viewed as nothing more than a mild curiosity.

To top it all off - Virgin got the times wrong so our recording stopped at 32 minutes.

Really grating sound though, so I'm not too bothered I didn't get the whole set.

I've been a motorhead fan since I was twelve. The best time I ever saw them was in 1994 at the Kentish Town Forum, that was a bloomin' brilliant gig. I've seen them a few times since and they were good, but I wouldn't go see them now. I can understand Lemmy not wanting to stop but... In the interview I saw about half an our before they showed them playing, he was shaking like a shitting dog and at one point he did a proper, full on, old man gurn.