Why become a member? ×

What amp to go with my barefaced?

kevvo66

Hiya people , now I love my barefaced cab, but having tried my mb 250 and my tc 250 which I like a lot I don't think they are doing my mini marvel any justice.dont get me wrong I like these amps , but maybe it's time for a Change of amps , any thoughts of upgrades , I also use a pair of ebs neo proline so guess I'm after a amp for all seasons really 😃

Edited by kevvo66

Well I`ve been really impressed with the Aguilar Tonehammer/Barefaced Super 12 combination, but an amp for all seasons, well probably not. I think if wanting an amp that can do most things, well I found the GK MB Fusion to be very versatile, may be worth checking out.

[quote name='odysseus' timestamp='1434055285' post='2796383']
There's been a couple of Genz-Benz Streamliner 900s on here recently for around £400. One of them'll do you proud. Bags of headroom and plenty of options. That's what I use with my BF gear.
[/quote]

Good call - I think I read somewhere that the GB Streamliner is the amp Barefaced use to test their cabs. If so, gotta be a good pairing.

Thanks everyone , genz it is then , if bf use them can't argue with that, hiya Grangur they just lack something with my ebs cabs great my tc is great as is my mb ,but with the bf its just lacking something I'm always looking for the ultimate sound !!!

Edited by kevvo66

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1434054252' post='2796371']
What do you mean "don't do justice" are you saying that a Mark Bass and a TC Electronics amp don't have the class or something? What don't you like about them?
[/quote]

Assuming he has a single 8 ohm cab then amps rated 250 ish watts are probably going to be a little lacking in power. Might be worth trying a more powerful LM or TC model if you like the basic sound. As mentioned already though the streamliner/BF combo seems to get a lot of love.

Edited by bassman7755

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1434058106' post='2796417']Good call - I think I read somewhere that the GB Streamliner is the amp Barefaced use to test their cabs. If so, gotta be a good pairing.[/quote]

We don't but it's a good amp! The main rig here is an Avalon U5 into a QSC PLX3002.

[quote name='kevvo66' timestamp='1434069638' post='2796483']
Thanks everyone , genz it is then , if bf use them can't argue with that, hiya Grangur they just lack something with my ebs cabs great my tc is great as is my mb ,but with the bf its just lacking something I'm always looking for the ultimate sound !!!
[/quote][quote name='bassman7755' timestamp='1434085605' post='2796496']
Assuming he has a single 8 ohm cab then amps rated 250 ish watts are probably going to be a little lacking in power. Might be worth trying a more powerful LM or TC model if you like the basic sound. As mentioned already though the streamliner/BF combo seems to get a lot of love.
[/quote]
Many thanks for the explanation. Sorry if I may have sounded a bit "off".

As with anything, you're going to have to use your own ears to decide what you do and don't like, but my combination of a Compact and/or a Midget with my Markbass Littlemark II is brilliant to my ears!

Si

[quote name='alexclaber' timestamp='1434098126' post='2796584']
As Genz are no longer in production we're often recommending the GK MB800 (Fusion or not) amps for those who want powerful yet tiny and affordable lightweight head - not heard any bad things about that combination yet.
[/quote]
+1 For GK mb800 & Barefaced.