Why become a member? ×

Surprising level of detail

FinnDave

Interesting amount of detail in this story, being a Fender man through and through I can't say much about its accuracy, but it has the ring of truth about it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/11581596/Idiotic-driver-pictured-playing-guitar-at-wheel-on-A27-near-Chichester.html

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1430771594' post='2764493']
Typical lame Warwick shenanigans. Spector players use powerful motorcycles.
[/quote]

Gauntlet picked up, tomorrow I will be riding into town on my Harley whilst playing a Fender J. (w[size=2]eather and local law enforcement permitting)[/size]

If it's raining, I may chicken out and have to use the Precision, bike, rain and two pickups is obviously a lethal combination.

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1430774520' post='2764521']
I take it the reporter doesn't know that you have to sit in the right hand seat of that car to be able to drive it?
[/quote]

A trivial detail easily overlooked on a quiet news day.

[quote name='FinnDave' timestamp='1430775296' post='2764530']
A trivial detail easily overlooked on a quiet news day.
[/quote]
True. Who needs trivial details when they get the finer ones spot on. :lol:

A Warwick with soapbars and a shape that's not much like any of their models? Peavey more like (but quite possibly not), and a reporter that happened to know that Warwick are a company that make basses.

The Telegraph story is crap. Bass is misidentified and they've shown the worst photos, so it is rather difficult to tell what's going on.

[url="http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/idiot-driver-pictured-playing-guitar-5634008"]http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/idiot-driver-pictured-playing-guitar-5634008[/url]

Much better photos. It's definitely not a Warwick. And he is driving.

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1430830029' post='2764952']
The Telegraph story is crap. Bass is misidentified and they've shown the worst photos, so it is rather difficult to tell what's going on.

[url="http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/idiot-driver-pictured-playing-guitar-5634008"]http://www.mirror.co...-guitar-5634008[/url]

Much better photos. It's definitely not a Warwick. And he is driving.
[/quote]

Shows the decline of media reporting online. I'd laughed at the Telegraph article, that they felt the need to interview the owner of a guitar shop, to validate if this was dangerous, plus stating 'you need 2 hands to play a guitar'.

Then the Mirror article has exactly the same tin pot interviews! Crappy stories re-sold and recycled everywhere, clickbait junk that wouldn't make a print product.

[quote name='Drax' timestamp='1430830919' post='2764960']

Shows the decline of media reporting online. I'd laughed at the Telegraph article, that they felt the need to interview the owner of a guitar shop, to validate if this was dangerous, plus stating 'you need 2 hands to play a guitar'.

Then the Mirror article has exactly the same tin pot interviews! Crappy stories re-sold and recycled everywhere, clickbait junk that wouldn't make a print product.
[/quote]By these standards I'm surprised the BBC didn't run it.

Not good, but if he was in a traffic jam... of course this is unusual, but what is more worrying is the huge number of people (I know, because I've seen 'em) who will text or answer emails on their phones while driving. You can tell they're doing it because they have their phones in their laps and you can see in their rear-view mirrors that they're looking down at their phones when they should be looking at the road. Not just in non-moving traffic either, but while driving. I've never seen such recklessness. This crass and dangerous behaviour should result in a permanent ban and/or a £10,000 fine - then we'll see if that makes a difference. Stupid bastards! [/rant]

[quote name='bonzodog' timestamp='1430844800' post='2765133']
I wonder if he was playing near the bridge?

I'll get my coat
[/quote]

Well if coats are to be gotten...

What pedals was he using?

Were there pick-ups front and rear?