Why become a member? ×

Why did I ever agree to that

Nicko

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1423670008' post='2687741']
I love those two songs. They are great songs to listen to and play.
[/quote]
Good god, we obviously have very different ideas of 'great to play' :lol:
[quote]
They always get the audience up and dancing (which is what we get paid to do after all).
[/quote]
Just like Mustang Sally! :D

[quote name='UglyDog' timestamp='1423672687' post='2687791']
Good god, we obviously have very different ideas of 'great to play' :lol:

Just like Mustang Sally! :D
[/quote]

Well yes, but we get paid to get audiences up and dancing, and they too seem to love these songs so i dont see how they can be as bad as you say they are.

Very loud and bad cover of No Limits by Two Unlimited, with some pre Death Metal vocals.

Did it for a laugh, went down well and proved that many punters have no taste - then to our surprise on of the local 'A' list bands saw it and started trying to do it. Trouble is they key could play too well, so it lost the 'punky' charm of the original...

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1423672940' post='2687798']
Well yes, but we get paid to get audiences up and dancing, and they too seem to love these songs so i dont see how they can be as bad as you say they are.
[/quote]
Ah well. I hate it, you don't. Personal preference is a funny old thing, ain't it? :D

Edited by UglyDog

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1423670008' post='2687741']
I love those two songs. They are great songs to listen to and play.
They always get the audience up and dancing (which is what we get paid to do after all).
[/quote]
[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1423672940' post='2687798']
[/quote]
I honestly thoght you were being ironic in the first post, and then you went and blew it! :blink:

After regularly playing Losing My Religion by REM for about 4 years I finally lost my will to live and simply refused to play it any more. One of the few songs I've ever got quite so sick of.

In a previous band we used to do pretty much everything in the charts. The one that really sticks in my mind is (don't mess with my) "Toot toot". I can't remember who did it but it was sheer drivel!

[quote name='taunton-hobbit' timestamp='1423678988' post='2687888']
^^^^ Denise LaSalle - 1985 I have it on a cd..........I'll get me coat...........

:)
[/quote]

Saddo :D

And of course Frankie including the twee bass intro (which my sister named her daughter after!)

[quote name='Nicko' timestamp='1423674976' post='2687839']

I honestly thoght you were being ironic in the first post, and then you went and blew it! :blink:
[/quote]

Why? Because I have an option that differes from others in this thread.

Is it only bass players that have this high and mighty attitude I wonder?

I understand some people hate certain songs, I have no issue with that, but why do some make blanket statements that something someone else likes is crap? What gives certain people the feeling that they know better than others?

If these songs weren't so popular we wouldn't have to play them. But then the general public are idiots and have no idea what they should like aren't?

No having a go at you personally, it just gets my goat when I'm told by someone better than me that what I like is wrong ;-)

Edited by dave_bass5

There's another one - The Power of Love by Jennifer Rush. There are decent female vocalists out there but I can't say I enjoyed accompanying our one :)

Come to think of it we were a bit like those awful "almost sounds like the original artist" compilation albums you used to get in Woolworth's

[quote name='Norris' timestamp='1423694447' post='2688128']
...those awful "almost sounds like the original artist" compilation albums you used to get in Woolworth's
[/quote]

I remember those, so depressing!
Nothing worse than hearing some faceless session band kill a number you didn't want to hear by the original artist in the first place!