Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1473166099' post='3127558']
So we have got to the point of giving money out. Did someone say there was a cheaper way than just sending it through a bank?

Shame the build time is 15 weeks - I have enough difficulty waiting for a shipment from thomman!
[/quote]

Transferwise!

[quote name='peety' timestamp='1473412222' post='3129897']
Well one of my stock jakes has sold and my custom order has just gone in 12 week waiting

still astounded at what i've got for the price
[/quote]

By any chance are you the guy selling the 5 string Elwood on one of the UK pages?

OK you've all pretty much convinced me to get one! I think I'm going to go for a medium scale (which I never realised was an option before) but I'm slightly concerned that a shorter scale might affect the tone of the instrument. Is this something I should be worrying about or should I just shut up and get on with it?

[quote name='Sumbabba' timestamp='1473755880' post='3132727']
OK you've all pretty much convinced me to get one! I think I'm going to go for a medium scale (which I never realised was an option before) but I'm slightly concerned that a shorter scale might affect the tone of the instrument. Is this something I should be worrying about or should I just shut up and get on with it?
[/quote]I've got a medium scale Jake, to my ears, it makes no noticeable difference, it plays great and is so much easier to get around the fretboard with my slightly artritic fingers which restricts my stretch a bit, and being just under 7.5lb, it also agrees with my back and neck problems. :)