Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1472857969' post='3124935']
This is a 5 string, so 45mm nut is fine (which is what theirs are anyway). Bring the neck down to 20mm and 22mm and that is what an ibanez is, although I can't imagine I would be able to tell the difference between 22 and 24mm am I.

Has anyone had custom fret markers done? I would imagine something like that would be expensive. Or luminay side markers? :D
[/quote]

I don't think side markers are expensive, not sure about top ones.
I asked for wide 3mm black markers for my red Jake. On a maple neck it makes it easy to see where things are in a dark stage. I am not sure it added much (or anything) to the cost. He mentioned he could use Luminlay too but I doubt that would be a more costly option: I bought Luminlay rods and they cost me around £10 which with plenty left over... so if Luminlay is what you want, go for it without fear :lol:

To be fair, I have noticed this about Adrian, sent him a couple of emails and nothing.

However as soon as I sent it from a different account I got a reply back in a couple of seconds, not sure if that means anything, but you never know. Email systems can be weird sometimes.

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1472896450' post='3125129']
To be fair, I have noticed this about Adrian, sent him a couple of emails and nothing.

However as soon as I sent it from a different account I got a reply back in a couple of seconds, not sure if that means anything, but you never know. Email systems can be weird sometimes.
[/quote]Sounds like a potential junk folder issue at his end.

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1472895925' post='3125122']
I don't think side markers are expensive, not sure about top ones.
[/quote]

I assume top ones are. Seems like a good idea until you think what you would have and then realise it's taken you several days to decide on the colour!

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1472895925' post='3125122']
I asked for wide 3mm black markers for my red Jake. On a maple neck it makes it easy to see where things are in a dark stage. I am not sure it added much (or anything) to the cost. He mentioned he could use Luminlay too but I doubt that would be a more costly option: I bought Luminlay rods and they cost me around £10 which with plenty left over... so if Luminlay is what you want, go for it without fear :lol:
[/quote]

I will - I am having a rosewood neck with block markers so I could see it no issue, normally, but I did do a gig in the dark and although I don't normally need side markers, we do alright now now, and it is harder on a 24 fret bass!

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1472897045' post='3125140']
I assume top ones are. Seems like a good idea until you think what you would have and then realise it's taken you several days to decide on the colour!

I will - I am having a rosewood neck with block markers so I could see it no issue, normally, but I did do a gig in the dark and although I don't normally need side markers, we do alright now now, and it is harder on a 24 fret bass!
[/quote]

Yeah, I agree... I don't need top markers at all, and the side markers are not a *must*, but they do come handy at times so having something you can see is handy. Years ago I had a Warwick Corvette, very dark neck and tiny markers and I did couple of gigs with very distracting lights... so I bought some glow in the dark paint and powder, and mixed both to make a thick paste and added small blobs on the side markers. It served two purposes: it would glow brightly if there was any UV light on stage (or if I charged them with a tiny uv torch) but even without glowing the 'bumps' were very handy landmarks. Not the prettiest solution but it worked... and could be removed easily too without marks.

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1472898834' post='3125162']

Yeah, I agree... I don't need top markers at all, and the side markers are not a *must*, but they do come handy at times so having something you can see is handy. Years ago I had a Warwick Corvette, very dark neck and tiny markers and I did couple of gigs with very distracting lights... so I bought some glow in the dark paint and powder, and mixed both to make a thick paste and added small blobs on the side markers. It served two purposes: it would glow brightly if there was any UV light on stage (or if I charged them with a tiny uv torch) but even without glowing the 'bumps' were very handy landmarks. Not the prettiest solution but it worked... and could be removed easily too without marks.
[/quote] I'm not sure I could do without them Jose. Only maybe before the twelfth fret. Never look at the top markers. I do wish my Elwood had pearl blocks mind

Adrian is one of the busiest person i know of, so i would just be patient.

he is however extremely good with emails (lots of other people should take example lol) , so i would advise trying again from another account.

I don't even want to know how many emails he gets per day ... so i would extremely surprised he gets to check his junk folder....

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1472913085' post='3125317']
I'm not sure I could do without them Jose. Only maybe before the twelfth fret. Never look at the top markers. I do wish my Elwood had pearl blocks mind
[/quote]

Thats what mine is having, just because I like the look, not that they are actually that useful

I work for an ISP and run hundreds of email accounts, POP3, Exchange and now O365, so I know how this works. I'd sent it from the same account as the first time this happened, because that time when he finally got back to me it was because he'd been busy, not a spam issue. He may well be busy, but as a business he's clearly not 'extremely good with emails' if he's missing out on work because of his email system.

I'll try again.

[quote name='Muzz' timestamp='1472986588' post='3125734']
I work for an ISP and run hundreds of email accounts, POP3, Exchange and now O365, so I know how this works. I'd sent it from the same account as the first time this happened, because that time when he finally got back to me it was because he'd been busy, not a spam issue. He may well be busy, but as a business he's clearly not 'extremely good with emails' if he's missing out on work because of his email system.

I'll try again.
[/quote]

He's just an extremely busy guy, who probably receives squillions of emails. I miss emails sometimes too.

I know Adrian as 100% reliable. If you visit him in Aldenhoven in Germany, (what I recommend) you'll see, that it is a Family Business at least. The Basses are made in Poland by Mensinger Guitars. In Aldenhoven Adrian lives with his Wife and his Daughter in a Farm House, with round about 600 Basses and Guitars in Stock. He does all by himself. He has Customers there, who test Basses and buy them at his House (like I do),. Also he has an Recording Studio, is a Bass Teacher, is always in Contact with the Mensinger Company and the Customers who get in Contact via e-mail. As far as I know the whole Work is done by only a few (3-4) People.

At least you also can give him a Call. He is not the Best in "speaking english", but his Daughter does well.

kind Regards
Tom

Edited by AREA

[quote name='AREA' timestamp='1472998955' post='3125874']
I know Adrian as 100% reliable. If you visit him in Aldenhoven in Germany, (what I recommend) you'll see, that it is a Family Business at least. The Basses are made in Poland by Mensinger Guitars. In Aldenhoven Adrian lives with his Wife and his Daughter in a Farm House, with round about 600 Basses and Guitars in Stock. He does all by himself. He has Customers there, who test Basses and buy them at his House (like I do),. Also he has an Recording Studio, is a Bass Teacher, is always in Contact with the Mensinger Company and the Customers who get in Contact via e-mail. As far as I know the whole Work is done by only a few (3-4) People.

At least you also can give him a Call. He is not the Best in "speaking english", but his Daughter does well.

kind Regards
Tom
[/quote]

Ta for the insight. Interesting stuff.

He replied very fast to my e-mail, but I noticed he ignored the couple of questions that maybe needed a bit more thought! To be honest, I expected worse because enthusiastic small businesses run on a shoe-string and offering real value for money typically generate more interest than they can cope with. This was also my recent experience in doing business with Scott Whitley - but if you stick with it, what you get in the end is worth a bit of hassle.

kind Regards
Tom
[/quote]

well put, been there twice and going back tomorrow. Small Family business for sure.

Very inspiring place , considering that he started 10 years ago with 4 basses and now has 600 at his show room. His house is utterly inspiring for me.

When he started his company 10 years ago there was 3 people building in Poland. He now has 19 people under his orders. (or around that number total , German team + Polish team)

100% reliable for sure.

cheers

Edited by pierreganseman

kind Regards
Tom
[/quote]

Really? That small? I remember reading he employed 15 people. I had assumed it was 15 working as builders. His English isn't the best, however I've got nothing except good things to say about communication, aside from not having an out of hours/we're automated message. But Adrian has contacted me via email really late at night too. So overall pretty good things to say.

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1473003018' post='3125929']
Really? That small? I remember reading he employed 15 people. I had assumed it was 15 working as builders. His English isn't the best, however I've got nothing except good things to say about communication, aside from not having an out of hours/we're automated message. But Adrian has contacted me via email really late at night too. So overall pretty good things to say.
[/quote]

the team in germany is 3 or 4 people i think... indeed ... to my knowledge (could be wrong) there's about 13/14 people in Poland.

Edited by pierreganseman

[quote name='Muzz' timestamp='1472854304' post='3124919'] I sent one with a query about a custom build about a week ago...
[/quote]

Thought you didn't fancy one Muzz? :D If you go for the haeussel pups I'd be interested in hearing them rather than ordering a set based on YouTube vids.

[quote name='colleya' timestamp='1473008986' post='3126007']
Thought you didn't fancy one Muzz? :D If you go for the haeussel pups I'd be interested in hearing them rather than ordering a set based on YouTube vids.
[/quote]

I have Haeussel's in my Jake and they're nice, but my latest build from Mensinger is going to have a Delano P pickup in, as I liked the midrange on that one more, as we are a one guitar band now opposed to two. (with a different name)

But I've been using the Haeussel's for the last few months and they're pretty cool. Very warm, very oldschool and very Jamerson, but they have a decent output. They're pretty nice.

This is my Jake here: [url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXhNyA6nSlQ"]https://www.youtube....h?v=dXhNyA6nSlQ[/url]

Edited by Fisheth

[quote name='pierreganseman' timestamp='1473002644' post='3125923']
well put, been there twice and going back tomorrow. Small Family business for sure.

Very inspiring place , considering that he started 10 years ago with 4 basses and now has 600 at his show room. His house is utterly inspiring for me.

When he started his company 10 years ago there was 3 people building in Poland. He now has 19 people under his orders. (or around that number total , German team + Polish team)

100% reliable for sure.

cheers
[/quote]

According to the Mensinger Facebook page, he's looking at expanding next spring, is that correct?