Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1476025264' post='3150514']
For sure, it wouldn't be till sometime next year anyway, once I know what's happening with my life!

Just I like pointy basses and there's nothing really for me out there, so thought I'd ask none the less though!
[/quote]

enjoy the custom when it comes ;-)

i'm surely enjoying my gold ***** :-D !

[quote name='pierreganseman' timestamp='1476025546' post='3150518']
enjoy the custom when it comes ;-)

i'm surely enjoying my gold ***** :-D !
[/quote]

Really looking forward to it.

You've just reminded me, I was going to ask Adrian if I could pay the rest (The pound falling has me worried) tomorrow and what the waiting time would be, been hearing reports of 12/15 weeks. So was wondering when mine specifically was.

How is the gold one anyway? I was thinking about a Gold Jake originally!

When did you confirm ?

that's the orders i receive yes lol , 12/15 weeks eventually less if something similar is in production and can be adapted to customers request.

I recently found out that Adrian actually doesn't know what custom instruments are finished , until the day he receives it and starts opening boxes. That's what he said for my Gold one.

So he probably won't know for your one specifically.

The Gold is great and ridiculous value for money as always. I know its been said and so on... but when i see what some people (or fender for that matter) do for 4k + and what he offers for 25% of the price. Makes me wonder ... lol ... but anyways....

been said in the thread i suppose :-)

and yes , seeing how the £ is busy falling down.... if you can, i would pay now

[quote name='pierreganseman' timestamp='1476027018' post='3150544']
When did you confirm ?

that's the orders i receive yes lol , 12/15 weeks eventually less if something similar is in production and can be adapted to customers request.

I recently found out that Adrian actually doesn't know what custom instruments are finished , until the day he receives it and starts opening boxes. That's what he said for my Gold one.

So he probably won't know for your one specifically.

The Gold is great and ridiculous value for money as always. I know its been said and so on... but when i see what some people (or fender for that matter) do for 4k + and what he offers for 25% of the price. Makes me wonder ... lol ... but anyways....

been said in the thread i suppose :-)

and yes , seeing how the £ is busy falling down.... if you can, i would pay now
[/quote]

I confirmed on the 12th of August, but payment went in on the 22nd.

Aha, interesting. I'll get round to paying him tomorrow after I go to the bank in the afternoon then!

"12/15 weeks eventually less if something similar is in production and can be adapted to customers request."

That's why I got my Cazpar in just over 3 weeks. It was virtually standard spec and the natural finish reduces the production timescale by 2 weeks - pure stroke of luck.

Ha ha.. this is hilarious.

"Eeeh... I can't wait. I'm so excited. I was out buying new strings and a stand for it yesterday."

"When's yours due? Have you had your 10-week sofa shot yet? Haussels or Delanos? Or are you just happy with whatever you get?"

"Jimmy in Norwich's is due any day.. it's a couple of days late, but they reckon that's normal for this time of year. I can't wait to see it!"

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1476029135' post='3150580']

"Eeeh... I can't wait. I'm so excited. I was out buying new strings and a stand for it yesterday."

"When's yours due? Have you had your 10-week sofa shot yet? Haussels or Delanos? Or are you just happy with whatever you get?"

"Jimmy in Norwich's is due any day.. it's a couple of days late, but they reckon that's normal for this time of year. I can't wait to see it!"
[/quote]
Yep, it's turning into the Maruszczyk 'soap'!! (I bet Adrian's not complaining though.)

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1476029135' post='3150580']

"Jimmy in Norwich's is due any day.. it's a couple of days late, but they reckon that's normal for this time of year. I can't wait to see it!"\
[/quote]

Haha!

I am paying early - the second half of the payment is already £50 more than the first half of the payment was 5 weeks ago, if I leave it the full 15 weeks I doubt I will be able to afford it :/

OK, just paid. It was actually £47 more for the second half payment than the first 5 weeks ago.

Edited by Woodinblack

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1476041067' post='3150769']
I am paying early - the second half of the payment is already £50 more than the first half of the payment was 5 weeks ago, if I leave it the full 15 weeks I doubt I will be able to afford it :/

OK, just paid. It was actually £47 more for the second half payment than the first 5 weeks ago.
[/quote]

Pretty much my experience right now.

Gonna see what the market is like by the end of the week.

It can't drop even more can it?

[quote name='Chienmortbb' timestamp='1476042968' post='3150806']
On the public-peace website they have both Maruszczyk and Mensinger, both Polish is there a connection? Also where are you guys ordering the custom instruments from?
[/quote]

Same builders, different brands.

Ordering from here: [email protected]

Edited by Fisheth

[quote name='Chienmortbb' timestamp='1476042968' post='3150806']
On the public-peace website they have both Maruszczyk and Mensinger, both Polish is there a connection? Also where are you guys ordering the custom instruments from?
[/quote]
According to the very impressive glossy 56-pp catalogue that came with my bass, Mensinger Custom Guitars have been in business for 36 years and Maruszczyk Instruments for 11 (although Adrian M says in his notes: "For more than 35 years I've been putting my heart into music and everything related with it."). I'm guessing that Adrian brought the bass-building side to the Mensinger party. Anyway, like Fisheth said, it's one factory in Poland, two brands, and one 'Public Peace' trading operation run by Adrian from Germany.

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1476046290' post='3150853']
Same builders, different brands.
[/quote]
oh really, cause this [url="https://www.public-peace.de/index.php/electric-guitars/is-mensingerguitars/arcadia-j/1437-arcadia-j-elephant-grey-hollowbody150103"]ARCADIA J 'Elephant Grey' Hollowbody[/url] is just beautiful. I would love a 6er jake with the same woods/finish.

and no, its not just cause its called that :P

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1476112424' post='3151407']
You guys seen this yet?

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxj1QwZoZgI"]https://www.youtube....h?v=Gxj1QwZoZgI[/url]

Lovely.
[/quote]That is beautiful!!!

At the moment I'm really fancying some surf colours, but I absolutely love natural wood and that looks great, I would love that with just a P pickup and no guard, and I love the look of that neck. :)

[quote name='scrumpymike' timestamp='1476047926' post='3150874']
According to the very impressive glossy 56-pp catalogue that came with my bass, Mensinger Custom Guitars have been in business for 36 years and Maruszczyk Instruments for 11 (although Adrian M says in his notes: "For more than 35 years I've been putting my heart into music and everything related with it."). I'm guessing that Adrian brought the bass-building side to the Mensinger party. Anyway, like Fisheth said, it's one factory in Poland, two brands, and one 'Public Peace' trading operation run by Adrian from Germany.
[/quote]

indeed same people building both. When Adrian took over 11 years ago Mensinger had 3 or 4 people left working there (the Brand had its Golden Age in the 80's) and he put them back on track. There's now around 15 or so people working there.

Keeping in mind communication in English is not always easy so it may not be totally accurate but its something like that.

[quote name='pierreganseman' timestamp='1476169155' post='3151838']
indeed same people building both. When Adrian took over 11 years ago Mensinger had 3 or 4 people left working there (the Brand had its Golden Age in the 80's) and he put them back on track. There's now around 15 or so people working there.

Keeping in mind communication in English is not always easy so it may not be totally accurate but its something like that.
[/quote]
That nice little success story is good to hear. It's all about finding a 'niche' nowadays, and Adrian has obviously done that. Even better that it's all based on a core of local, skilled people rather than the usual 'let's design something nice and send the drawings to China'.

[quote name='scrumpymike' timestamp='1476175754' post='3151909']
That nice little success story is good to hear. It's all about finding a 'niche' nowadays, and Adrian has obviously done that. Even better that it's all based on a core of local, skilled people rather than the usual 'let's design something nice and send the drawings to China'.
[/quote]

he's getting offers from China all the time , but will never work with such things.

[quote name='scrumpymike' timestamp='1476202087' post='3152267']
Tidings of great joy!! Just discovered that the tone pot on my Cazpar 4p is also a push-pull knob that switches the humbie to single-coil mode. That puts the cherry on top of a very nice cake.
[/quote]

Ha! I had the same on my first Jake... cool surprise! :)

OK then, who would be up for a UK M-Club factory visit in Spring '17? Perhaps based on cheap flights to a nearby airport (assuming there is one) and local B&B-type accommodation with at least a full day available in the factory. If there's a demand for a group of, say, 6-8 of us, I'll run this by Adrian, get some prices, and do the organising.

Do you think Adrian would be OK with this pierreganseman?

[quote name='scrumpymike' timestamp='1476260364' post='3152697']
OK then, who would be up for a UK M-Club factory visit in Spring '17? Perhaps based on cheap flights to a nearby airport (assuming there is one) and local B&B-type accommodation with at least a full day available in the factory. If there's a demand for a group of, say, 6-8 of us, I'll run this by Adrian, get some prices, and do the organising.

Do you think Adrian would be OK with this pierreganseman?
[/quote]

I'd be up for that. Sounds fun :)