Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1475685041' post='3147965']

Mine is 15. I am at week 4 today. <cries>

At the rate the pound is plummeting I don't know if I can afford it by the time it is ready!
[/quote]

I ordered in August, shortly after we voted for economic and societal suicide, and given the already rising cost asked if I could pay in full. It left things a little tight at the time, but it's saved me a bit. On the upside, when we're the outcasts we're going to be, they'll be dearer and rarer.

[quote name='NickD' timestamp='1475686008' post='3147979']
I ordered in August, shortly after we voted for economic and societal suicide, and given the already rising cost asked if I could pay in full. It left things a little tight at the time, but it's saved me a bit. On the upside, when we're the outcasts we're going to be, they'll be dearer and rarer.
[/quote]

Yeh, maybe I should do that now!

[quote name='NickD' timestamp='1475686008' post='3147979']
[/quote]

It's going to be crap.

Going to have to stock up now, gah.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1475750343' post='3148401']
Helloooooooooo!

I wonder how much something similar would be from the Fender CS? Would anyone like to hazard a guess?
[/quote]

Well into £4k I reckon.
Love the gold sparkle, but not keen on the black block/maple combo. Bet it's great to play though :)

Si

adrian keeps impressing me ...

proper high end Jobs for no money. Although I did see in his last video that he did a bass for a customer that was 2200 euro.

I am very happy to see that company going into "proper luthier" work ... please don't get me wrong when I say that, I only mean exotic top , roasted maple and so on. That a lot of people charge a lot of money for. He's starting to do jobs , that are still under just about anybody but are much higher than his "usual jazz bass"

[quote name='pierreganseman' timestamp='1475754659' post='3148464']
adrian keeps impressing me ...

proper high end Jobs for no money. Although I did see in his last video that he did a bass for a customer that was 2200 euro.

I am very happy to see that company going into "proper luthier" work ... please don't get me wrong when I say that, I only mean exotic top , roasted maple and so on. That a lot of people charge a lot of money for. He's starting to do jobs , that are still under just about anybody but are much higher than his "usual jazz bass"
[/quote]
His stable offers and has done for a LONG time, the Sputnik, a bass that costs up to €3290.

[quote name='JamesBass' timestamp='1475761844' post='3148552']
His stable offers and has done for a LONG time, the Sputnik, a bass that costs up to €3290.
[/quote]

And so it should, those through-neck heel carves take a lot of work!

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1475772208' post='3148686']
And so it should, those through-neck heel carves take a lot of work!

Si
[/quote]
For sure, I nearly ordered one, but car issues prevented that and I'm still without a Maruszcyczk to speak off - I'm fancying a jake, to compliment my other P bass, maybe have rounds on it, or maybe a different type of flat...

OK guys (pause for drum roll / trumpet fanfare): And here she is!! Arrived this morning, since when I've looked, played, looked again, and played a bit more - and I'm over the moon with this!

[url="http://s1149.photobucket.com/user/scrumpymike/media/DSCF1738_zpsnd4ee8xm.jpg.html"]http://s1149.photobucket.com/user/scrumpymike/media/DSCF1738_zpsnd4ee8xm.jpg.html[/url]

[url="http://s1149.photobucket.com/user/scrumpymike/media/DSCF1742_zpsy7cgygr6.jpg.html"]http://s1149.photobucket.com/user/scrumpymike/media/DSCF1742_zpsy7cgygr6.jpg.html[/url]

[url="http://s1149.photobucket.com/user/scrumpymike/media/DSCF1743_zpsgebstu6w.jpg.html"]http://s1149.photobucket.com/user/scrumpymike/media/DSCF1743_zpsgebstu6w.jpg.html[/url]

[url="http://s1149.photobucket.com/user/scrumpymike/media/DSCF1744_zpsyc3hnrrz.jpg.html"]http://s1149.photobucket.com/user/scrumpymike/media/DSCF1744_zpsyc3hnrrz.jpg.html[/url]

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1475853876' post='3149281']
Gorgeous.

Just wondered about this, but has anyone put in a full custom from Adrian, so I mean something that is a shape that isn't offered by them.

What was the price point on it?
[/quote]

Adrian will not do custom shapes. I had a local customer asking that. He flat out refused.

cheers

[quote name='pierreganseman' timestamp='1476023391' post='3150494']
Adrian will not do custom shapes. I had a local customer asking that. He flat out refused.

cheers
[/quote]

Really? Got my catalog out in front of me and I could have sworn there's a guy playing a bass in the shape of a bottle of Jack Daniels?

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1476024294' post='3150501']
Really? Got my catalog out in front of me and I could have sworn there's a guy playing a bass in the shape of a bottle of Jack Daniels?
[/quote]

I can only tell you my personal experience. He may have done custom request here and there but he didn't even wonder about it when I had a customer asking a custom shape.

Was a big fat "no , no sense" :-) :-D

[quote name='pierreganseman' timestamp='1476024482' post='3150503']
I can only tell you my personal experience. He may have done custom request here and there but he didn't even wonder about it when I had a customer asking a custom shape.

Was a big fat "no , no sense" :-) :-D
[/quote]

Damn, so my plan for a 32" scaled Horn is out then :D

Was wondering if he'd do a bass version of that one or the Navigator (as nobody really does those kind of basses)

Still, got a Speesy on the way so that's cool.

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1476024610' post='3150506']
Damn, so my plan for a 32" scaled Horn is out then :D

Was wondering if he'd do a bass version of that one or the Navigator (as nobody really does those kind of basses)

Still, got a Speesy on the way so that's cool.
[/quote]

well i suppose you can always ask.....but the company is already at full capacity with waiting time increasing so i wouldn't expect a custom project to go through.

but ... you never know :-)

[quote name='pierreganseman' timestamp='1476024840' post='3150508']
well i suppose you can always ask.....but the company is already at full capacity with waiting time increasing so i wouldn't expect a custom project to go through.

but ... you never know :-)
[/quote]

For sure, it wouldn't be till sometime next year anyway, once I know what's happening with my life!

Just I like pointy basses and there's nothing really for me out there, so thought I'd ask none the less though!