Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

WOOOOO-HOOOOO! Guess what I just got?

[url="http://[IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o598/scrumpymike/Cazpar%204%20Mike_zpsq8novrlc.jpg[/IMG"]http://[IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o598/scrumpymike/Cazpar%204%20Mike_zpsq8novrlc.jpg[/IMG[/url]

Shipping next week :D

[quote name='scrumpymike' timestamp='1475152786' post='3143487']
WOOOOO-HOOOOO! Guess what I just got?

[URL=http://s1149.photobucket.com/user/scrumpymike/media/Cazpar%204%20Mike_zpsq8novrlc.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o598/scrumpymike/Cazpar%204%20Mike_zpsq8novrlc.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Shipping next week :D
[/quote]Now the waiting by the windows begins.

[quote name='scrumpymike' timestamp='1475136805' post='3143256']
What a beauty is that! Question: did you know in advance from the way you spec'd it that it would look like that or was it a pleasant surprise?
[/quote]Yes, I sent him pics of other basses on his site with the colour scheme I liked, I also chose to call it "Old Thumper" rather than Jake, I designed and sent him the logo, I chose to have white binding on the neck, and I wanted it to be chambered so it would be lightweight (7lb 5oz), I also asked for it to be medium scale, the body is alder with swamp ash veneer front and back, and I have to say that I'm very pleased with it.

It's a happy day for yourself, it looks outstanding and I bet it will play and sound fantastic, it will be with you next week so let us know just how good it is. :)

[quote name='pierreganseman' timestamp='1475216553' post='3144021']

i know :-D getting it tuesday !
[/quote]
Firstly :o

Secondly, I assume you're going to pick it up personally thus avoiding the dreaded courier wait. The ability to be able to do that makes me envious.

I feel it's only a matter of time before I order another Elwood L from Adrian (I've already mocked it up and worked out the spec).

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1475228095' post='3144137']
Secondly, I assume you're going to pick it up personally thus avoiding the dreaded courier wait. The ability to be able to do that makes me envious.
[/quote]

I'm not envious. It would be torture to be able to just swing by and have a chat and look at basses... and not leave with an order or three in place :lol:

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1475230138' post='3144166']
I'm not envious. It would be torture to be able to just swing by and have a chat and look at basses... and not leave with an order or three in place :lol:
[/quote]I take your point, proximity would be financially very dangerous indeed. However, it would beat following the tracking online if one could remain strong willed to keep the credit card stored in one's wallet.

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1475230138' post='3144166']
[/quote]

well its a very inspiring place to be. The fact he started with 4 basses now close to 11 years ago and now has 500 or 600 at his home. Is utterly inspiring for a kid like me trying to do something in this business. Adrian is one of the coolest i've met and I am even kind of honored to call him a mentor and even some sort of friend. He's been extremely generous with me.

i'd encourage anybody to go.... :-)

[quote name='pierreganseman' timestamp='1475233473' post='3144213']
well its a very inspiring place to be. The fact he started with 4 basses now close to 11 years ago and now has 500 or 600 at his home. Is utterly inspiring for a kid like me trying to do something in this business. Adrian is one of the coolest i've met and I am even kind of honored to call him a mentor and even some sort of friend. He's been extremely generous with me.

i'd encourage anybody to go.... :-)
[/quote]

hey, you! shut up!

:lol:

(I'm actually planning a trip next year, with my car, that will take me to parts of Poland, south Germany, Czech Republic and possibly Austria... looking at Adrian's location, it doesn't seem crazy to adjust my route to go there too... but I know I should not... which is probably the reason I should, as I'd regret it otherwise... argh! :lol:)

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1475245438' post='3144394']
hey, you! shut up!

:lol:

(I'm actually planning a trip next year, with my car, that will take me to parts of Poland, south Germany, Czech Republic and possibly Austria... looking at Adrian's location, it doesn't seem crazy to adjust my route to go there too... but I know I should not... which is probably the reason I should, as I'd regret it otherwise... argh! :lol:)
[/quote]

i'd recommend it .... i've been 4 times now (i'm one hour away roughly). And every time i go "woaaaaaaaw" ... in a look for "jesus christ how ..." :-D

but ... i'll shhhhhhh

[quote name='pierreganseman' timestamp='1475215331' post='3144016']
my custom is ready...

full disclosure (i've seen people getting stoned for less on here) : i do work with Adrian for his dealer network. This bass however is not for sale and will not be. This is my own personal one.
[/quote]

Are you Bootsy?

Looks awesome!

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1475654821' post='3147614']
Week 7 of my build...

Not long to go I hope.

What's the waiting time for you guys? 12? 15? weeks?
[/quote]

Mine is 15. I am at week 4 today. <cries>

At the rate the pound is plummeting I don't know if I can afford it by the time it is ready!

Edited by Woodinblack