Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1476374173' post='3153775']
Not seeing many Maruszczyk Jazz basses on this thread. ??
[/quote]Once the £ hopefully regains some of its losses against the € I'll be ordering an Elwood L with standard arrangement J pickups.

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1476374350' post='3153780']
Once the £ hopefully regains some of its losses against the € I'll be ordering an Elwood L with standard arrangement J pickups.
[/quote] Will be getting some cash soon. Would love to order an Elwood5, like mine, but with 70,s spacing, a flame maple top with maple FB, black head stock, and pearl blocks. Ok not the same spec at all. Basically my Elwood but different. Ha ha

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1476375115' post='3153796']
Will be getting some cash soon. Would love to order an Elwood5, like mine, but with 70,s spacing, a flame maple top with maple FB, black head stock, and pearl blocks. Ok not the same spec at all. Basically my Elwood but different. Ha ha
[/quote]Sweet! I look forward to seeing the finished article.

[quote name='scrumpymike' timestamp='1476371740' post='3153744']
Too right! My feeling would be to wait until they're 'open to the public' in Poland. As it happens, it was the Polish connection that sparked the visit idea in the first place (my wife's suggestion would you believe!!). My dad came over from Poland in WW2 and she thought it would be great to kill 2 birds with one stone: factory visit and holiday in 'the land of my fathers'. She doesn't know much about basses but she's fallen in love with my new 'Cazzie' - yep, she's even given her a name.
[/quote]

Sounds good to me. :)

My girlfriend is Polish so we travel in that direction from time to time anyway. Adding a bass-related reason would be perfect. She also plays bass, so she might even join! ;)

Did I say the beer is great too? :lol:

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1476393621' post='3154007']

Sounds good to me. :)

My girlfriend is Polish so we travel in that direction from time to time anyway. Adding a bass-related reason would be perfect. She also plays bass, so she might even join! ;)

Did I say the beer is great too? :lol:
[/quote]

Neat! This trip could finally motivate me to take some Polish lessons - been meaning to do it for years but never got round to it.

[quote name='scrumpymike' timestamp='1476435990' post='3154221']
Neat! This trip could finally motivate me to take some Polish lessons - been meaning to do it for years but never got round to it.
[/quote]

I have a "Polish for Dummies" book my gf gave me when I expressed an interest... but I'm enjoying the "Duolingo" app on my phone right now. I'm using it for Polish and to improve my Italian as I barely use it these days. Just 5-10 minutes a day, slowly... it starts with just a few words, and little by little things fall in place and they start making sense. The trick is to use it every day, just a few minutes will do. For people like me who lack the discipline to sit down and follow proper lessons seriously it's great. You will not become fluent overnight, but it's amazing how quick you pick up things, and it doesn't seem like work at all. Then I use the book as reference to check verbal tenses and when I have 'proper' questions.

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1476439831' post='3154288']
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Essential Polish: [color=#212121]Topem z klonu płomienistego, korpus jesion i klon szyjka z palisandrową pokładzie palec (courtesy of Google). :D[/color][/font][/size]
[/quote]

nah, not a fan of rosewood fingerboards ;)

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1476447820' post='3154396']
:lol:
[/quote]

I confess I had to use google translate, my level is nowhere near enough to understand that... but the 'korpus' and 'palisandrowa' gave me a very good indication of what it was about ;)

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1476449413' post='3154416']
I confess I had to use google translate, my level is nowhere near enough to understand that... but the 'korpus' and 'palisandrowa' gave me a very good indication of what it was about ;)
[/quote]You're a smarter man than I, Jose.

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1476452157' post='3154455']

I don't know smart has anything to do with it :P the reason I knew was that those words are similar in Spanish so they stood out to me. ;)
[/quote]I stand by my original quote, I wouldn't have had a clue no matter what language.

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1476439831' post='3154288']
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Essential Polish: [color=#212121]Topem z klonu płomienistego, korpus jesion i klon szyjka z palisandrową pokładzie palec (courtesy of Google). :D[/color][/font][/size]
[/quote]

You can't beat a nice flamed-maple top though!

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1476380450' post='3153855']
I would point out I am no expert in finance - I just found it stressing worrying about it :D
[/quote]

I had the money anyway, so I thought rather pay it now and not get stressed.

To be honest, it was the best call :D