Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

I'm absolutely made up with my Cazpar 4p (sofa shot posted a few weeks ago)! Perfectly positioned/balanced on the strap, weighs next to nowt, but punches well above its weight. My only complaint was no hard case available from Adrian, but I've got one from Scott Whitley that's a perfect fit and the Cazzie bag turns out to be just right for my Ibanez Talman :)

[quote name='scrumpymike' timestamp='1477672059' post='3163805']
I'm absolutely made up with my Cazpar 4p (sofa shot posted a few weeks ago)! Perfectly positioned/balanced on the strap, weighs next to nowt, but punches well above its weight. My only complaint was no hard case available from Adrian, but I've got one from Scott Whitley that's a perfect fit and the Cazzie bag turns out to be just right for my Ibanez Talman :)
[/quote]

Lovely looking bass, how heavy is it?

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1477737702' post='3164120']
Ooh surprise email (as I am at 7 weeks):

[IMG]http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp133/alienrat/IMG_3547_zpsbzgrqrn2.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]Result! Now the waiting on the courier begins; exciting times :)

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1477748237' post='3164255']
Result! Now the waiting on the courier begins; exciting times :)
[/quote]

I know - now I have a wait again. I had settled into the idea that there was another 7-8 weeks to wait for the bass, but now I have a tracking number and everything, so not it is an entirely different kind of wait!

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1477771652' post='3164447']

I know - now I have a wait again. I had settled into the idea that there was another 7-8 weeks to wait for the bass, but now I have a tracking number and everything, so not it is an entirely different kind of wait!
[/quote]I've posted this before, but it's always relevant
[URL=http://s308.photobucket.com/user/ezbass/media/7A0DA3C9-DFFA-4AD9-ADEE-594A1C9F5485_zpsrztvwc3d.jpg.html][IMG]http://i308.photobucket.com/albums/kk344/ezbass/7A0DA3C9-DFFA-4AD9-ADEE-594A1C9F5485_zpsrztvwc3d.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1426375194' post='2717531']
Why do so many builders not lacquer their necks anymore?

I guess it's just a cost cutting exercise (that they don't always pass on to the customer) or maybe they just haven't got the skills to do it.

Call me old fashioned but I would not even consider buying any bass or guitar with an unfinished or oil/wax finish to the neck and/or body.
[/quote]

Personally I really don't like that glossy nitro finish on older basses. I fing they don't rest well to sweaty hands. I much rather Matt finishes. Each to their own I guess.

Edited by Quilly

[quote name='Quilly' timestamp='1477826765' post='3164623']
Personally I really don't like that glossy nitro finish on older basses. I fing they don't rest well to sweaty hands. I much rather Matt finishes. Each to their own I guess.
[/quote]

Adrian told me most people actually ask that. He can naturally do a full gloss neck too if requested but most orders are done with gloss body and matte neck !

[quote name='pierreganseman' timestamp='1477917249' post='3165206']
Adrian told me most people actually ask that. He can naturally do a full gloss neck too if requested but most orders are done with gloss body and matte neck !
[/quote]

he can certainly do full gloss neck: both of mine are that way, by request. It didn't add much (anything?) to the cost.