Why become a member? ×

New cheap Marcus Miller endorsed range of basses - Sire

Clarky

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1424078717' post='2692173']
From what I can gather the US ones come with the cover and a gig bag, but the European ones don't seem to. I could be wrong though.
[/quote]

Hmm, well, they're not expensive if you really want one, I'd probably do it.

Get one, you won't regret it. Got mine from Thomann today, and they are simply beautiful, and plugged in they are just what you expect. The finish is very nice (I went for the TS Swamp 5), and plugged in, the B is perfect, perfectly balanced and the 3 band works as it should. I had a loose stacked knob, which is a minor gripe, but they are great basses, if I get a chance I'll record a demo later tonight for anyone interested.

[quote name='LeftyJ' timestamp='1420745402' post='2653008']
No, it's the other way round :)

I spy with my little eye - either just a mirrorred photo, "because it looked cool in the layout of the website", or they're doing a lefty version too.

[/quote]

Saw a comment on the Talkbass thread saying that the Sire team say a lefty version is coming "very soon". It doesn't specify which models but not to be snuffed at either way!

[quote name='Moos3h' timestamp='1424106558' post='2692690']
It was SO gonna buy one of these. But bottled it at the last minute and bought a J&D Jazz instead to make myself feel better ;)
[/quote]

Which are also great basses at a silly price! You just can't go wrong with some of these... B)

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1424106950' post='2692696']
Which are also great basses at a silly price! You just can't go wrong with some of these... B)
[/quote]

I have NO need for it but there you go...

I need to clear out really but I have a serious J Bass addiction going on.

[quote name='Moos3h' timestamp='1424106558' post='2692690']
It was SO gonna buy one of these. But bottled it at the last minute and bought a J&D Jazz instead to make myself feel better ;)
[/quote]

The £120 ones?

Conan can see you list on in your signature. Are these actually alright then?

Folks just ordered [b]MARCUS MILLER V7 SWAMP ASH-5 NT [/b]after watching posts for last few weeks, looking for a 5 string for a while and these reviews and prices are too hot!! Ordered from thomman last night and should be here next few days!!! will post reviews as hope to be gigging it this weekend :)

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1424351672' post='2695423']
I couldn't hold out anymore...I've just ordered the Black with rosewood and tort pickguard.

TOO MANY PEOPLE HAVING BEEN SAYING NICE THINGS ABOUT THEM...DAMN YOU!!!! :)

I just had to give into the GAS
[/quote]

Good work! 4 or 5 ? Do let us know what it's like - really keen hear a comprehensive BC review..

Current plan pulls the trigger on a 5 late March. Still can't decide what finish..

Edited by Drax

[quote name='Drax' timestamp='1424352325' post='2695439']
Good work! 4 or 5 ? Do let us know what it's like - really keen hear a comprehensive BC review..

Current plan pulls the trigger on a 5 late March. Still can't decide what finish..
[/quote]

Ordered the 4 string version. There will be a NBD thread when it arrives and I've had a fumble with it

[quote name='Drax' timestamp='1424352325' post='2695439']

[/quote]

Same here. I love the look of the black one, its just perfect, but i love the white one as well. Damn,

Only things i dont like are the headstock and bridge. i can live with both but the bridge looks a bit cheap to me (cheaper than it obviously is of course)

Too those who have ordered one, when doing a review could you please see if the bass will run without a battery in it. Im very paranoid about pre amps going dead on me at gigs.

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1424357917' post='2695514']
Same here. I love the look of the black one, its just perfect, but i love the white one as well. Damn,

Only things i dont like are the headstock and bridge. i can live with both but the bridge looks a bit cheap to me (cheaper than it obviously is of course)

[b]Too those who have ordered one, when doing a review could you please see if the bass will run without a battery in it. Im very paranoid about pre amps going dead on me at gigs.[/b]
[/quote]

It has an active passive switch, so if the battery does go you just switch it to passive. I personally think all actives should come like that.

EDIT: just noticed you've got a TRBX505, so you'll know all about that :)

Edited by Marvin

[quote name='dieseldalziel' timestamp='1424368257' post='2695619']
Unboxing of a MM V& 5string (not me or mine ..yet) [url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGB2J0elFMg"]https://www.youtube....h?v=PGB2J0elFMg[/url]

& a v7 4string Natural Ash (still not mine..) [url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azV2DYirupw"]https://www.youtube....h?v=azV2DYirupw[/url]
[/quote]

On the 5 string unboxing, he really needs to get that leak sorted....

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1424371120' post='2695665']
It has an active passive switch, so if the battery does go you just switch it to passive. I personally think all actives should come like that.

EDIT: just noticed you've got a TRBX505, so you'll know all about that :)
[/quote]

Well yes and no. My TRBX is the first active bass ive owned that will run in true passive mode, without even needing a battery in it. Other active basses ive had haven't worked like this and if the battery died so did the bass. Maybe this wasn't the norm though.
So while I understand the active/passive switch I'd still like confirmation that it does indeed work as above.

Gettting very close to ordering the White/RW V7 though.