Why become a member? ×

New cheap Marcus Miller endorsed range of basses - Sire

Clarky

[quote name='JAUQO III-X' timestamp='1423693260' post='2688107']

Not exaggerating at all but the B string is thunderious and it's 34" scale and it can be strung through the body as well.
[/quote]

Great stuff, think I'm sorted for a 5...but the White ash 4 is still on the list. Many thanks.

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Seems like MM & Fender are done doing business together (found this on the website of some local music stores),[/font][/color]
[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]could that mean that Sire might also come out with a higher end,more aimed at a pro market signature model if the budget line goes well??[/font][/color]
[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]I sure hope so.. :) [/font][/color]

[size=4][color=#141414]For those among you that don't understand German, it says: The last (Fender) Marcus Miller basses are being sold at this moment![/color][/size]

[attachment=183702:BAS_Fender_Marcus_Miller_DE.jpg][attachment=183702:BAS_Fender_Marcus_Miller_DE.jpg]

[attachment=183702:BAS_Fender_Marcus_Miller_DE.jpg][attachment=183702:BAS_Fender_Marcus_Miller_DE.jpg]

Edited by Bassdude BE

[quote name='Bassdude BE' timestamp='1423705990' post='2688209']
[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Seems like MM & Fender are done doing business together (found this on the website of some local music stores),[/font][/color]
[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]could that mean that Sire might also come out with a higher end,more aimed at a pro market signature model if the budget line goes well??[/font][/color]
[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]I sure hope so.. :) [/font][/color][/quote]

With all due respect please understand the only thing that is budget about the new Sire MM J bass is the price. If this bass was made in the US or the UK the asking price would be at least three times what Sire is asking. Sire is already offering the higher end version.

[quote name='JAUQO III-X' timestamp='1423706654' post='2688211']
With all due respect please understand the only thing that is budget about the new Sire MM J bass is the price. If this bass was made in the US or the UK the asking price would be at least three times what Sire is asking. Sire is already offering the higher end version.
[/quote]

I will know soon enough, I hope.. :)
I have two of the Alder/Rosewood/TBS jazzes on order at Thomann right now, both a 4 and a 5 string,

Wasn't sure which one to go for and Thomann doesn't mind customers sending stuff back once in a while (especially because I've already spent a small fortune in that place over the last few years...) so i ordered both of them with the intention to try them out,maybe make a little review of them and then keep the one i like most and sent the other one back as i can only afford to keep one..

(The 4 stringer could be a good go to slap-bass i think, but being realistic i have more need for the versatility of a 5'er a.t.m., so if the 5 string feels and sounds good and if the B string is as tight as Jauqo says , then that will be probably the one i keep.)

I'll report back as soon as I've tried them out. ;)

Edited by Bassdude BE

[quote name='Bassdude BE' timestamp='1423782333' post='2689096']
I will know soon enough, I hope.. :)
I have two of the Alder/Rosewood/TBS jazzes on order at Thomann right now, both a 4 and a 5 string,

Wasn't sure which one to go for and Thomann doesn't mind customers sending stuff back once in a while (especially because I've already spent a small fortune in that place over the last few years...) so i ordered both of them with the intention to try them out,maybe make a little review of them and then keep the one i like most and sent the other one back as i can only afford to keep one..

(The 4 stringer could be a good go to slap-bass i think, but being realistic i have more need for the versatility of a 5'er a.t.m., so if the 5 string feels and sounds good and if the B string is as tight as Jauqo says , then that will be probably the one i keep.)

I'll report back as soon as I've tried them out. ;)
[/quote]

Your thoughts on the bass will be greatly appreciated.

[quote name='S.U.B. Zero' timestamp='1423995724' post='2691201']

It is here: http://www.thomann.de/gb/marcus_miller_v7_swamp_ash_5_wb.htm
[/quote]

I took a screenshot of the sire website when this thread started and it wasn't listed.

I've started thinking I'd get one and have my mate respray it Lake Placid Blue. Hmmmm.