Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

[quote name='benh' post='970761' date='Sep 28 2010, 03:12 PM']"Hyperventilate" by Frost* at the moment, ace British prog band. I also find it amusing that their albums so far have been written and recorded in a glorified shed in the keyboardist's garden!

[/quote]
People keep telling me to listen to Frost* because I like RUSH and Yes and stuff. I never bothered but I just played that vid you posted. I'm sorry, no disrespect to those who like Frost*, but to call it Prog is clearly downright wrong. It just sounds like elevator music by skillful musicians. It is DESIGNED to be pleasing to the ears if you accidentally hear it somewhere. Awful. IMO. Sorry.

I know I may be accused of saying this anyway (if not thread hijacking :)) but yesterday I stuck "Michael Manring" in to the Last.FM radio thing and I've been astounded by the rich vein of bass guru recordings. Being instrumental, I can recommend it for having on in the background whilst 'working'.

[quote name='bottlebassman' post='978821' date='Oct 5 2010, 09:07 PM']"One last soul" by Black Country Communion. :)[/quote]

What is your take on the album? I ask, as I've been thinking about buying the Special Edition, but the reviews have been really mixed. The fact that you are listening suggests of course that you rate it!

Ta

A