Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

4 hours ago, rwillett said:

Too Far Gone/Metallica/Planet Rock.

I never understand why Metallica are so big, but clearly what do I know :)

Rob

I think it was their records up to black than are the reason they're so huge. Everything after that was good but not amazing and they've made some terrible choices in mixing. Master of Puppets and Ride The Lightning are both top class metal records.

22 hours ago, SteveXFR said:

I think it was their records up to black than are the reason they're so huge. Everything after that was good but not amazing and they've made some terrible choices in mixing. Master of Puppets and Ride The Lightning are both top class metal records.

Yep, and I've a soft spot for Kill Em All, too: despite (or possibly because of) the shonky production, Lars' cheesy fills and Cliff's honky bass sound (apart from Anaesthesia), the album sounds exactly like what it is; a bunch of spotty teenagers who've mashed up Motorhead and Diamond Head and come up with something very exciting...the energy rolling off those songs is terrific... 🙂

And now I'm listening to it again...to be closely followed by some Diamond Head...

Donny Benet today.

I have sole control of the workshop sound system 😂 12 hour shifts become bearable when you can listen to what you want. Luckily my two colleagues enjoy listening to him as well, which is my fault. They enjoy his in studio vids, and now his albums 👌

Diana Krall - Love Scenes......I'm listening on an old Cyrus Audio CD player through some 1990's Castle speakers, just sounds fantastic. Christian McBride sounds great.

Stand out track this time is...My Love Is. when I first bought this cd Peel Me A Grape was my go to track.

On 08/10/2023 at 15:47, MothMan said:

Steve Earle - Copperhead Road

Not heard that since I don't know when! 

That's what I like about this thread, always interesting and a good mix. Where else would I listen to a bit of grunge, followed by jazz fusion,  funk, and then straight ahead US rock?

Thanks to everyone who posts on here.