Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

Pete Tong 'The year in Dance 2022' show  https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001g0wy

The cynic in me thinks dance music hasn't moved on much since my clubbing prime (and dance music's prime?) 25 years ago, but some tunes on that show are bangers - got me a bit misty eyed about youthful optimism and hedonism!

These ones in particular, you'd have to be a cold hearted cynic to not find joy in them!

This album gets overshadowed, justifiably so, by the great "Angel Dust" but it's  still a phenomenal work.

Just playing this for my son. A tour de force performance by Mike Patton on this one.

Edited by lidl e
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, lidl e said:

This album gets overshadowed, justifiably so, by the great "Angel Dust" but it's  still a phenomenal work.

Just playing this for my son. A tour de force performance by Mike Patton on this one.

FNM have such an amazing range of musical styles, often all in one song. I love the way they can go from heavy, distorted metal with growling straight in to almost lounge jazz with super slick vocals and it just sounds right.

I really hope they manage at least one more record. I really like the last one.

• Like 3

I rarely sit down and just listen to music, but yesterday I set the back rest of the gaming chair ( I don't play games)  almost into laying position whilst listening to Killers LP by Iron Maiden. Engineering on that album is phenomenal. 

Otherwise I listen to the good old Planet Rock. Love it 

On 07/01/2023 at 13:33, SteveXFR said:

FNM have such an amazing range of musical styles, often all in one song. I love the way they can go from heavy, distorted metal with growling straight in to almost lounge jazz with super slick vocals and it just sounds right.

I really hope they manage at least one more record. I really like the last one.

One of the very few rock bands I've any time for. I dislike the rather one dimensional The Real Thing but from thereafter it's gold all the way. It's their total unpredictability and eclecticism that makes them so much more interesting than other rock bands. After seeing your post I've just put on AOTY and here's my fave track....

• Like 1

Béla Bartók.

I'm heavily inspired by Scott Thunes who played bass for Frank Zappa. He always gives Bartók a shout out for influencing his own playing so I'm trying to give him a whirl.

I know what I like when I hear it regarding classical music but I don't know anything about in any depth. 

I did this with jazz about 20 years ago (still happily got one foot down that rabbit hole), so it's the classical composers turn now I can "hear" it better these days.

I'm going for a walk, I may be some time...🤞