Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

Holly Johnson - Unleashed From The Pleasuredome, Live from Koko.  Jesus, this is brilliant.  5/5.

This also pointed me to his Baloise Session on You Tube from last year.  Equally epic.  Great rocking band, his voice still as strong as from the 80s.

He's a bit if an enigma; without FGTH he'd be largely unknown, but he walked away from it, protracted legal case(s) etc.  Patchy solo career, largely disappeared, and so on.  We've seen this too many times. 

In all honesty, his voice is pretty unique and he should have become a national treasure.

Message ends.  Go listen.  It's great.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, NancyJohnson said:

Holly Johnson - Unleashed From The Pleasuredome, Live from Koko.  Jesus, this is brilliant.  5/5.

This also pointed me to his Baloise Session on You Tube from last year.  Equally epic.  Great rocking band, his voice still as strong as from the 80s.

He's a bit if an enigma; without FGTH he'd be largely unknown, but he walked away from it, protracted legal case(s) etc.  Patchy solo career, largely disappeared, and so on.  We've seen this too many times. 

In all honesty, his voice is pretty unique and he should have become a national treasure.

Message ends.  Go listen.  It's great.

On it...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, bartelby said:

On it...

It's goose-pimply good.  Man alive, I'm loving this.

Holly Johnson aside, there's some footage up on YT of FGTH with Ryan Molloy fronting them.  He was generally known for musical theatre stuff, but this 20 minutes is phenomenal.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NancyJohnson said:

It's goose-pimply good.  Man alive, I'm loving this.

Holly Johnson aside, there's some footage up on YT of FGTH with Ryan Molloy fronting them.  He was generally known for musical theatre stuff, but this 20 minutes is phenomenal.

Ryan does an amazing job!

• Like 1

The Frankie vid is fkin tip top. The singer does an excellent job, getting very close to Holly Johnson's tone. Great band and nice to see some of the original band there, Mark on bass, Paul on vocals. Can't tell if Ped and Nash are there.  My only complaint....the audience are more static than a container load of showroom dummies. Dead from the neck down or what?

• Like 1

I'm WFH today...figured it might be a good idea to fire up some stuff I've not listened to in a while, all of it Nathan Larson related.  I've done a bit already.  Mind Science of The Mind (1996).  Hot One (2006).  Jealous God (2001).  Will close with some of his soundtrack stuff and Shudder To Think's Pony Express Record (1994).  He has such a voice.

First up, 'Mind Science Of The Mind'.  Nathan Larson with Joan Wasser, Kevin March and Mary Timothy.  They toured with Jeff Buckley on bass:

Hot One:

Jealouse God: