Why become a member? ×

Public Apology

Mook

I would like to publicly apologise to the bass playing community as during a wedding gig at the weekend I did indeed overplay.

I was guilty on the evening of a flagrant use of 16th notes, slapping and harmonics. I know I have let down my fellow comrades with my lack of taste and subtly.........but I really enjoyed it and can't promise that I won't be doing the same next weekend!!

Thank you for your time and understanding.....I am now at peace :P

[quote name='Mook' timestamp='1392664171' post='2371335']
I would like to publicly apologise to the bass playing community as during a wedding gig at the weekend I did indeed overplay.

I was guilty on the evening of a flagrant use of 16th notes, slapping and harmonics. I know I have let down my fellow comrades
[/quote]
Speak for yourself....I play this way every weekend!

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1392665019' post='2371357']
...the Korean Transvestite Bassist... ...there is always someone more flamboyant at 16th notes and slapping than you...
[/quote]

Finally! I've been waiting for another chance for weeks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmQvxfo75K0

If you want OTT then I spent the weekend at the Valentines' Rock n Roller at Scarborough where on Sunday night Martyn Savage finished proceedings with this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7VZHorUS78

Mind you that was after he'd cleaned the blood of his bass, he'd lent it to Dave Phillips who shredded a couple of fingers during his set, a little blood goes a long, long way!

Steve

Edited by icastle
Link fixed.

[quote name='Mook' timestamp='1392664171' post='2371335']

I was guilty on the evening of a flagrant use of 16th notes, slapping and harmonics. I know I have let down my fellow comrades with my lack of taste and subtly.........but I really enjoyed it and can't promise that I won't be doing the same next weekend!!

Thank you for your time and understanding.....I am now at peace :P
[/quote]

Never mind apologising to your fellow bass players, it's the married couple you should be asking for forgiveness.

Everybody knows a marriage needs a strong foundation if it going to work , and that foundation is built on a good , solid no-frills bass line . If that marriage fails somewhere in the future then it may well be that your fancy finger work was the beginning of the end for them . Slapping and false harmonics are two of the most commonly cited reasons for divorce in Britain nowadays. Fact.

I hate to say it but the last few weddings I have been trying to recreate the wanton disregard for taste and decency shown by

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZBic3nD5M0

....I can't help but be inspired by him.

Don't think I'm at the Korean transvestite level yet but a few more weddings and that could be me.

Edited by icastle
Link fixed.