Why become a member? ×

Happy new year to you all, Whats your plan for 2014 ?

funkgod

Its been a great year on bass chat for me, met some new friends, learnt a lot, got some great bargains to add to the collection, some very intresting informative topics, on the whole a great site i really like cram packed full to the brim with like minded players,
i like the way there is no arseyness from the more experienced players always helping the new players
with what i have read as good advice, well done all.

2014 for me, I am really going to have a go at getting my funk band cd out, i am lucky to be in a band
with very good top draw players that make me feel at times the weakest link, so a great learning curve
for me which really pushes my playing into areas i would not normally go, so im trying to absorb all this new material and techniques in a bid to get it sounding natural on disc, and as highlights in my song writing.
thats my plan for 2014, whats yours ?
all the best to you all what ever you plan, Make it happen.. ;)

Edited by funkgod

[quote name='funkgod' timestamp='1388586535' post='2323670']
all the best to you all what ever you plan, Make it happen.. ;)
[/quote]

:) And all the best to you too, Sir. Looks like you've got it going for you at the moment so strike while the iron is hot. Keep us all in touch with developments.

BC is great but it's also a black hole into which my time gets sucked, never to return. So 2014 will be the year of the great dial-back. And some singing lessons, gawd help us.

Gonna be a dad in June so 2014 is going to be exciting, petrifying and tiring but I'm pretty darn happy about it. Baby is going to learn drums as I want a drummer in the future that I can control to some extent lol.

[quote name='mrtcat' timestamp='1388590230' post='2323728']
Baby is going to learn drums as I want a drummer in the future that I can control to some extent lol.
[/quote]

You have so much to learn :lol: All the best for June though.

50 this year, time to stop dithering and set my own musical project up.

Sad to say that part of my plan is to spend much less time on Basschat! :([size=4] (This post is a good start [/size][size=4] i[/size][size=4]sn't it [/size] :rolleyes: ?[size=4])[/size]
[size=4]But a lot more time playing :)[/size]
[size=4]And the band I'm [/size]practising[size=4] with should have our first gig in February :)[/size]
[size=4]And buy myself a light(ish) weight amp (Possibly an LMIII) :) (while retaining the DBS 7400).[/size]
[size=4]And move on some of the basses I don't play anymore :blink:.[/size]

[size=4]And on a wider scale: change my job.[/size]

[size=4]A happy New Year to all.[/size]

Edited by Count Bassy

I'm going to stop being sociable and reasonable and pandering to the whims of others - and do what I bloody well want instead. I've wasted far too much time over the last year or two waiting for other people to get their acts together and obviously it's not going to happen. Time to take a hold of the reins, methinks. YO!! GIDDYUP!! HAAHHH!! *Whiplash sound*

And I'm not going to spend so much time agonising over gear. I'm going for a valve amp, an 8X10 and a P-bass and that's it. I'll spend more time playing and enjoying it instead of worrying about my bloody 'tone' all the time. I really don't think anyone else could give two craps about it!! HO!! HAHHH!! *Crash! Thump! Boom!*

:D

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1388589327' post='2323714']
BC is great but it's also a black hole into which my time gets sucked, never to return. So 2014 will be the year of the great dial-back. And some singing lessons, gawd help us.
[/quote]

Fair point about the time thing, though that's not necessarily such a bad thing during the cold miserable dark days of winter, when a PC beside a roaring wood burner can be a welcome distraction. But I also expect to be dialling back my time online as the days become longer and I can spend more time outside on the many renovation projects on my todo list.

Music-wise, I'll be helping a friend record his second CD of comedy ukelele/banjo songs as well as plodding along with the two bands I'm with (if we can find a new drummer for one of them). I won't be inflicting my singing on the world - that would be too cruel.

My plan is to try to come up with a way of combining comedy and bass playing. I'd love to be able to get up and entertain people with music and laughter.
I want to carry on with the band. We all enjoy playing, but I'm not entirely sure that anyone actually enjoys listening to us. So as a sort of sideline I'd like to start doing something a bit different.
I think there is a possibility of making this happen I know a few people on the comedy and drama scene in Brum who also play a bit of music of one sort or another. I'm going to put out a few feelers in the spring to see if anyone would like to join me in a music/comedy project of some sort.

That's the goal! We'll see of I can get anything off the ground. :-)

Musically, I've relaxed my involvement criteria as I need as much work as I can get and can't afford to be picky. I don't see that changing much over the coming year.

Like last year, obtaining gainful employment whilst keeping my head mostly above water remains my number one priority.

Spend a lot more money on very expensive gear as this is the only way to become a better player IMO. :D

Speak out more in my bands, I tend to just go with the flow which makes me frustrated with where things go. But hy the same token be more committed to tge band I'm in rather than a bit of a band whore.

...and learn to type better on this tablet

Edited by Marvin