Why become a member? ×

GHS Fast Fret

tedmanzie

I used to give the strings on my basses a rub-down with this every week, until I forgot, and then realised I preferred the sound of them "matured". Seems to keep a bit of zing in them, which if that`s your thing, is great, prolonging the life of the strings.

[quote name='tedmanzie' timestamp='1388150154' post='2318879']
Got given a tub of GHS fast fret from Santa.
Santa thinks I still play electric guitar.
Anyone used this on a bass? Especially on a bass with flats?

BTW Merry Christmas everyone!
[/quote]

It's fine on a bass. Not as much noticeable effect though.

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1388263739' post='2320245']
Anyone know what's in this stuff?
[/quote]

The sweat from John Entwistles ballbag, Geezer Butlers moustache trimmings and Sid Vicious' spit, mixed up and sieved through the gap in Fleas front teeth, but I couldn't say what the ratios are, it's a closely guarded secret ;) .

Edited by Maude

[quote name='Maude' timestamp='1388264241' post='2320250']
The sweat from John Entwistles ballbag, Geezer Butlers moustache trimmings and Sid Vicious' spit, mixed up and sieved through the gap in Fleas front teeth, but I couldn't say what the ratios are, it's a closely guarded secret ;) .
[/quote]

:D :lol:

[quote name='steve-bbb' timestamp='1388264635' post='2320257']
WD40 then :huh:
[/quote]

Probably! :D

Never leave home without it.
I use it to keep the Chromes from going too dull and to keep the rounds as bright as possible for as long as possible.
The only content listed is White Mineral Oil so its a refined Hydrocarbon. That could mean anything from laxative fluid to the fluid found in electrical heaters.

When it first came out it was in metal tins that lasted years, then some brain box decided to put it in a plastic tube that the lid popped off if you started at it and it dried out.
Thats was the last i ever bought, so unless they have put it back in an idiot proof tin, best left alone as it is not portable.

I've never had any problems with the lids coming off, I have two tubs, one which I've had for years but couldn't find so I bought another, it then turned up at the bottom of a case that contains all my spare leads, strings, tools etc, still had the lid on :D .

I use it before playing to 'slippy up' those strings but don't bother afterwards, can't say it brightens my strings at all so used that way would probably suit 'tedmanzie'. That's all I want, lube not brightness.