Why become a member? ×

Been sacked!

Phil Adams

Not exactly sure why, received an email full of bullshi§. Think I'll take some time out and reflect. Being in the band has been fun, but a major disruption to my already hectic life, wouldn't mind but we have only been doing open mics and charity gigs. I turned down an offer to join a "proper" band with "proper" musicians to stay loyal to my band.
Never mind, time for some "me" time at last. I'm off fishing. :-)

Bugger. I did that once, turned down an offer from some musicians that went on to do great things, because I wasn't aware, at the time, that you could be in more than one band, and I didn't want to be unfaithful. A few weeks later the band I was in disintegrated. But, shortly after that, I got an invite to be in another band that, while never getting big, was the most fun band I have ever played in, I absolutely loved it. So, you never know, it might just be for the best.

Feel for you mate!

Have you not asked for a reason?

Sometimes these things turn out for the better, you say you turned down a "proper" band for them, so you must have something to offer, and it doesn't sound that they were that great anyway.

Today is another day, and there are plenty of other "proper" bands out there, so start searching Joinmyband or Lemonrock and other similar sites, and find one of them!

Good luck! :)

Thanks chaps, just wanted to get it off my chest. We weren't all that great, but the backstabbing and deceit beggars belief. I thought I was the rock of the band and above it's effect, I was wrong.
I have no doubt I'm better off out of it, but it still hurts.
Onwards and outwards. I still have another project on the back burner, time to turn that one up. That one will be much more fun anyway.

I,m thinking of leaving my band after xmas. In recent months we have become so bad. The drummers embarrasing mistakes, the singers forgotten the words to well known songs and making up his own.
People have commented :mellow: I think I will bail before I become a laughing stock!

What a pisser. But from what you say it sounds like you are better off. Shame about the other opportunity though. It's the deceit and all that bullshit that would pain me though, that makes it harder to forgive them.

More time for fishing is no bad thing! May your rod be forever bent :D

Sorry to hear that but if they're that gutless then you're best off out of it. No idea why people don't have the balls to talk abuot issues face to face. Probably because they're bullsheet issues like you say.

Still better than when I found out I'd been dumped by being told by a muso mate that my band was advertising for a new bassist online! They were doing the honourable thing by trying to line up a replacement before they told me the good news. I'm sure it happens all the time but it wound me up something rotten.

I got the push from a band earlier this year by getting a text saying that because of the guitarist/vocalists family committments it was all on hold. Subsequently found out I'd actually been replaced. When I asked what was happening i got told honesty was overated...to which i replied that i would make süre people knew what a bunch of c**** they were.

I'm now in 2 bands and they're looking for another bass player :D

They picked the right day to bullet you, at least that******* wind has dropped off. Even if the clocks go back this weekend.
I was out on river last Sunday, thought it was the North Sea, fishing past the third bloody breaker.
Get a new band and enjoy the break in the meantime.

Sorry to hear that mate...

I was having a far too hectic time of it in the summer
I was in 3 bands, and it was all a bit much

... ended up ditching the one band - with all the apologies in place etc
Then, a fortnight later
the other 2 bands I was in folded!!!
Both for very different reasons - neither of them anything to do with me

But in the space of about 3 weeks, I went from 3 bands to none :o

It had all been a lot of work too
and one of the bands had some big bookings....

I don't like fishing, but I bought a double bass
and that made things a little better :)

[quote name='AntLockyer' timestamp='1382607681' post='2254203']

This.

What sort of fishing are you doing?
[/quote]

Bass fishing LOL!

Carping, 2 nights, beer, BBQ and tea, and plenty of each. I haven't been since I got back into music in January, now's my chance. Question is, river or lake. The Thames has been pretty much dead all this year. Ought to be fishing well in these conditions but appears not to be. Time's a ticking, be first frosts soon.