Why become a member? ×

Dave Peacock's Precision Bass

Donnyboy

Does anyone know any background to it?
I know he also played a Yamaha, but I remember in the fairly recent documentary ( Last Orders), he said it must hold the record for being one of the most gigged basses- it certainly has been about a while!

New album out soon too :)

I'm pretty sure it's a spaghetti logo and I think it's got clay dots which which would make it early sixties
One of my all time favorite players and singers too, great they're finally receiving the critical acclaim they deserve. So unusual to hear English artists singing in their own accents and referencing their own culture so directly.
Everyone should have the One fing an annuver album

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JktycNwNwNg

Just found out they played in Cardiff where I live on Saturday. Gutted, would have loved to have gone. I had no idea they were back as I thought Dave had long retired.
New album That's What Happens is out end of the month. (Vid above)

Edited by icastle
Link fixed.

[quote name='DorsetBlue' timestamp='1381914655' post='2245238']
Dave announced he was going to retire when his wife died (I think she was their manager too?). Seems he has got the taste for it again, which is good to see.
[/quote]

Yes, is the song being played on the radio at the moment a new one? If so, I really like it and am glad that for one they`re back and for two that they`re putting out quality material again.

Answering my own question, yes, the new album will be out soon, and this, Two Worlds Collide is the new song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCKJVDxTr04

Edited by Lozz196

[quote name='Spike Vincent' timestamp='1381942826' post='2245852']
After an extensive expedition into the loft I have located the issue of Bass Guitar magazine from 2007 with Dave Peacock in it.All he says about his bass is that he got it in 1969.
[/quote]

Result! :drinks:
Bet you were just a bit pissed off though :rolleyes: