Why become a member? ×

Too cool for feedback?

sprocketflup

Ive had a look at my feedback thread, and seen that even tho Ive had a few (perfectly smooth) dealings lately with some very well established forum members, and left them feedback, they didn't seem to be bothered to do the same for me :(

So, is that how it goes then, once you get to a certain number of posts/level of respectability, you don't need to help out the members who maybe haven't been around as long?

</Moan>

I always leave feedback (or at least try to remember to do so). I think it`s very important to do so. So far I`ve not had any negative experiences with anything I`ve bought/sold on here, and I suppose the fact that many of my dealings have been with people who have good feedback that I could check on supports this.

Leave feedback guys, in the words of Cheryl Cole, we`re worth it.

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1378725242' post='2203651']
I always send a deliberate pm confirming I've left feedback and including a link to my feedback thread, there've still been a couple who haven't but nearly all will (when they get chance)...?
[/quote]

Yep. I think it is bad manners not to leave feedback for someone who has asked for it, but not everyone thinks it is important.

If the person had the time to search the threads, contact you about your item, arrange payment and shipping etc... Then they can't really claim that they don't have time to leave a brief feedback post! :(

[quote name='DarkHeart' timestamp='1378727129' post='2203691']
I always leave feedback when im buying as i feel its the proper thing to do, i dont always get it back though which i think if your buying quite a bit of gear on here, which i do, its important for a seller to know who theyre dealing with.
[/quote] Agreed I have bought lots of gear from here and have never had a problem and in honesty most people do leave feedback when they remember to do so but leaving feedback is vital as alot of transactions are done here in "faith" and it is nice to see who you are dealing with :)

As a buyer I always leave feedback but don't feel too concerned if I didn't get feedback in return as all I have done is paid for the goods. As a seller I think it is more important to accrue good feedback so people can make more informed judgements when you stick something up for sale and have greater confidence in any dealings. If I am interested in buying something it is the first place I look.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1378728500' post='2203719']
I haven't left you any Dave because I want sure if you were happy with the bass at first due to you being busy, after that I just totally forgot in the same way you forgot to post my gig bag back : lol: (got it the other day actually, ta)

I shall head on over right now and leave you some :)
[/quote]

Aha! touché! ;)

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1378728905' post='2203731']
Done :)
[/quote]

many thanks good sir

I always leave feedback. If someone doesn't reciprocate, I blatantly ask them for some! If no joy, I'll PM them again with my feedback link and a message to the effect that if they have a minute could they quickly click on the link and give me some feedback, please! No point beating around the bush (fnarr).

[quote name='Leen2112' timestamp='1378731506' post='2203805']

I don't know about that, it would look like i'm making up my own feedback.
[/quote]
If you put the members forum name at the top and make sure it only contains the truth I see no problem as anyone buying from you could message that person to check.it would be easy enough to make up pretend members and get them to leave you false feed back.

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1378729407' post='2203742']
As a buyer I always leave feedback but don't feel too concerned if I didn't get feedback in return as all I have done is paid for the goods.[/quote]

You never know when you might find yourself as a seller again! If someone contacts you and makes an offer on your item, it is useful to know whether they have a history of prompt payment. I leave feedback as both buyer and seller.

You can never have to much information! Well, in this situation anyway... :rolleyes:

This just reminded me about feedback I should have left nearly a month ago. Actually I never think to look at feedback before I buy or sell things. I take more notice of post count and length of membership, on the assumption anyone who's been active here for a while is probably ok. And haven't been proved wrong yet.

I guess I wouldn't leave feedback cause I don't even know where you'd do it.

Here's the thing with feedback though...I find it's either too flattering or too dismissive. In other words, most of it is useless. If someone is easily impressed or someone just wants to knock you down what's to be gained? Few people can critique music objectively, since taste, is subjective.

I'll say this about what I heard. It's nice enough. Well perfomred. Professional. Bass playing sounds good. I didn't find it especially captivating, but it's hard to get into music you never heard before.

The bass had too much low end. I get that you want it up front but if it's loud and boomy it just sounds amateurish. The kick drum also shared the sonic space of the bass ( a boost around 300hz) and that made things more woofy.

It's not the type of thing that's getting record contracts, not to mention the age factor. But at a certain point, music has to be about making art and/or entertaining others. Getting angry because they aren't paying attention isn't the best PR toward getting more fans.

That's my feedback. In part.

[quote name='Lowender' timestamp='1378790702' post='2204632']
I guess I wouldn't leave feedback cause I don't even know where you'd do it.

Here's the thing with feedback though...I find it's either too flattering or too dismissive. In other words, most of it is useless. If someone is easily impressed or someone just wants to knock you down what's to be gained? Few people can critique music objectively, since taste, is subjective.

I'll say this about what I heard. It's nice enough. Well perfomred. Professional. Bass playing sounds good. I didn't find it especially captivating, but it's hard to get into music you never heard before.

The bass had too much low end. I get that you want it up front but if it's loud and boomy it just sounds amateurish. The kick drum also shared the sonic space of the bass ( a boost around 300hz) and that made things more woofy.

It's not the type of thing that's getting record contracts, not to mention the age factor. But at a certain point, music has to be about making art and/or entertaining others. Getting angry because they aren't paying attention isn't the best PR toward getting more fans.

That's my feedback. In part.
[/quote]

Completely missing the point.
Feedback is vitally important (especially for gear tarts). People who do not leave it are lazy and discourteous.
Negative feedback is also important.
The only other thing about it that narks me is con artist members changing their name to get rid of the bad feedback they have had (you know who you are pal :angry: :angry: ).

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1378792126' post='2204637']

The only other thing about it that narks me is con artist members changing their name to get rid of the bad feedback they have had (you know who you are pal :angry: :angry: ).
[/quote]

That is a worry, didn't occur to me that any of that had gone on here. :(