Why become a member? ×

Coming into some money.

bubinga5

My family is selling some land that is worth a huge amount of money. so being left some, prob coming up to christmas time.. so what did i think.. well GAS overtook me.. ive not bought an expensive bass guitar for years.. i prob have 4 grand to spend... im very curious about certain basses.. Xotic 5 string jazz basses. or im thinking about F Bass... or what i really would like is Martin Peterson to build me a Sei Jazz 5.. i owned a Sei 5 string jazz and it was amazing, but the thing is i live so far away from London. has anyone had a Sei bass built for them.?

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='gjones' timestamp='1373710409' post='2140787']
Ha ha. I think you should go back and read all the stuff you've written in the past about why, although you've owned them in the past, you now realise expensive boutique basses aren't really worth the money. I think you should do something sensible with the money like buy a secondhand porche [url="http://www.autotrader.co.uk/search/used/cars/porsche/boxster"]http://www.autotrade...porsche/boxster[/url]
[/quote]he he .yeah ive posted some sh*t, i wanted a bit ofbass forum opinions, not some dick reminding me of something i posted when i was pissed. your a real nerd if you can remember my old posts.

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1373712704' post='2140830']
Spend it entirely in BCs for sale section, on stuff people are selling to buy other things in the for sale section, and get some movement on there.
[/quote]

BCQE?

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1373713803' post='2140848']
im very happy with my Aguilar amp and cab. got to be honest its the only amp set ive ever had, so not a huge amount of knowledge when it comes to amplification.
[/quote]

You have Aguilar ?? Me too. Keep that . No changes needed ;)

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1373713074' post='2140837']
he he .yeah ive posted some sh*t, i wanted a bit ofbass forum opinions, not some dick reminding me of something i posted when i was pissed. your a real nerd if you can remember my old posts.
[/quote]

:gas:

Edited by gjones

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' timestamp='1373713940' post='2140850']
Go GB Andy you know it makes sense!! More than happy for you to come over when I get my new one for a noodle!

You can also try the old jazz and and Stingray that I have as you may opt for a 60's vintage jazz which would take care of your budget nicely!!
[/quote]would love to come over and have a play Mark.. let me know when your free. i remember that GB from Aroundabout sound and it was very hifi.beautiful instrument though.

[quote name='gjones' timestamp='1373714158' post='2140854']
The reason why I remember your previous posts is because they always seemed very thoughtful and reflective. If you started a topic then I would inevitably read it because I knew it would contain some interesting observation or point of view. Your taste in music is excellent and you've posted videos of many artists I'd never heard of I thank you for that. I'd always assumed you were one of the cool guys on Basschat. I can only assume I got you on a bad day. No offence intended.
[/quote]thankyou for the compliments my friend, and yes you did catch me on a bad day, im sorry for my obtuse words.

Yep no worries - hoping to get it in the next month. New one is a Rumour though and not a Spitfire which is more like a jazz and the one that they had in Aroundabout Sound.

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1373714475' post='2140859']
would love to come over and have a play Mark.. let me know when your free. i remember that GB from Aroundabout sound and it was very hifi.beautiful instrument though.
[/quote]

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1373717431' p.ost='2140918']
What's wrong with your current bass?

What is your playing situation?

Why would a custom bass be better than what you already have?

I wouldn't buy an expensive bass just because I came into some money!
[/quote]There is not alot wrong wrong with my Jazz bass, i really enjoy playing it. but i would like a 5 string, a nice bit of money doesnt come by very often, and as im a bass player i have GAS. a custom bass would bring me back to the feeling of my old Sei that i bought from the lovely Molan. i will have alot of it saved, i work really hard and am skint alot of the time, and i deserve to treat myself.. in these times its really important to make the most of them IMO.

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' timestamp='1373715547' post='2140879']
Yep no worries - hoping to get it in the next month. New one is a Rumour though and not a Spitfire which is more like a jazz and the one that they had in Aroundabout Sound.
[/quote]im there Mark. give me your number dude, ill call you in the week and pester you to come and try your basses. if your lucky i will bring round my Jazz. :D

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1373739304' post='2141179']
Ay, I'd have a Musicman type custom. If they built them I'd buy one...but they don't.
[/quote]

They do, if you're one of their famous artists, but not for us normal folk. I'd go around and play loads of different basses, see what i liked, and either get a custom based on those specs, or see what you can get off the shelf, then bank the rest.

Liam

I've had several Seis over the years (Flamboyant 4, Flamboyant 5 fretless, singlecut 5 and a Sei Jazz fretless) and they've all been wonderful instruments. The singlecut 5 has been my main player for close to 10 years now, and it just gets better with age. Martin is a master craftsman, and will work with you to make sure you get exactly what you want in terms of appearance, tone and feel.

I've also had a GB - wonderful instrument, amazing tone, but it didn't really work in the mix for the kind of music I was playing at the time - very hi-fi and a bit mid-shy, even with the huge 21dB mid boost.