Why become a member? ×

The 30 Harshest Musician-on-Musician Insults

xilddx

[quote name='mike 110' timestamp='1371758848' post='2117899']
I don't know who anton Newcombe is , but after that remark I know what he is and that's a first class ****.
[/quote]

The guy is pretty mad but fascinating to watch ... he's a walking talking advert why abusing drugs and alcohol is a no no. managed to see his band live a few years back and it was pretty full on.
I'd reccomend the Dig doc to everyone.

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWK29MmRxTo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWK29MmRxTo[/url]

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1371767695' post='2118037']
Most of that is very funny, but Trent Reznor claiming that Marilyn Manson will 'cross any line of decency' must've forgotten that he was famous for the line 'I want to #### you like an animal'.
[/quote]

Just comes off as a jealous whining tart, given that Manson was not only quite astute in masterminding his own meteoric rise to popularity. Of course, after [i]Holywood[/i] Manson went creatively bankrupt and fell from grace just as quick as he went up. But Reznor never offered anything of merit so he is hardly well placed to criticise Manson.

[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1371774599' post='2118096']

Just comes off as a jealous whining tart, given that Manson was not only quite astute in masterminding his own meteoric rise to popularity. Of course, after [i]Holywood[/i] Manson went creatively bankrupt and fell from grace just as quick as he went up. But Reznor never offered anything of merit so he is hardly well placed to criticise Manson.
[/quote]

I think he's doing alright with his 25ish year successful recording career and an Oscar on his shelf, to be fair. Haven't him and the artist formally known as Brian Warner kissed and made up these days anyway?

[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1371751755' post='2117767']
I don't know who Mark E Smith is but he seems to have the measure of Mumford and Sons. What a sh*t band.
[/quote]

Charlie Brooker referred to them recently as "The trust-fund Worzels". I've not been able to take them even vaguely seriously since.

[quote name='EssentialTension' timestamp='1371757057' post='2117873']
The best drummer was Macca but Lennon sent Ringo a postcard.

[/quote]

According to Ringo's book 'Postcards From The Boys', the one above was sent to him the day after the Apple rooftop gig by McCartney, not Lennon. I'm not sure what that says! :lol:

[quote name='lowregisterhead' timestamp='1371800728' post='2118190']
According to Ringo's book 'Postcards From The Boys', the one above was sent to him the day after the Apple rooftop gig by McCartney, not Lennon.
[/quote]

That would fit with the St. John's Wood post stamp.

Wow some of them are great
Liam 'Monkey boy' Gallagher commenting on someone's looks.
Lilly Allen commenting on using position for fame......who's your dad again ?
Curt Cobain on the quality of another band......erm did anyone ever catch Nirvana live ? jesus they were sh*te

I did like Paul Weller's comment though

[quote name='Muzz' timestamp='1371799545' post='2118170']
Charlie Brooker referred to them recently as "The trust-fund Worzels". I've not been able to take them even vaguely seriously since.
[/quote]
That's the best of the bunch! I have a rotten cold, head filled with snot and that has just made me cough my innards out with laughter.

[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1371774599' post='2118096']
[/quote]
I actually quite like a lot of Reznor's stuff, I'm dismayed to find out I've been wasting my time! Nirvana and G'n'R, similarly. Just out of interest, can you recommend some music of merit? Something that you listen to perhaps. I'm genuinely interested to find out what you consider worthwhile and of acceptable 'merit'.

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1371818896' post='2118481']
I actually quite like a lot of Reznor's stuff, I'm dismayed to find out I've been wasting my time! Nirvana and G'n'R, similarly. Just out of interest, can you recommend some music of merit? Something that you listen to perhaps. I'm genuinely interested to find out what you consider worthwhile and of acceptable 'merit'.
[/quote]
Orchestral Maneouvres in the Dark.

[quote name='51m0n' timestamp='1371818731' post='2118477']
Jeremy is an awfully middle class twits name for a bunch of grungy traveller cool as hell alternative lifestyle so hip it hurts eco warrior mofos isnt it???
[/quote]

AH! I was confused innit. Jeremy is the bassist's name.

And I reckon he's about right, I played with Zulu on the same bill as the Levellers, there were loads of people there like that :)

Thank you Si !

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1371819576' post='2118492']
AH! I was confused innit. Jeremy is the bassist's name.

And I reckon he's about right, I played with Zulu on the same bill as the Levellers, there were loads of people there like that :)

Thank you Si !
[/quote]

I would have used tarquin for an example. ;)

[quote name='lowregisterhead' timestamp='1371800728' post='2118190']
According to Ringo's book 'Postcards From The Boys', the one above was sent to him the day after the Apple rooftop gig by McCartney, not Lennon. I'm not sure what that says! :lol:
[/quote]
Then, we must presume that Ringo is correct.