Why become a member? ×

What music did you or your wife walk down the ailse to?

FuNkShUi

[quote name='FuNkShUi' timestamp='1371623139' post='2116191']
I recently got married, and the wife chose the song "nothing else matters" to walk down the ailse to.
I think she just earned herself a couple of extra "cool points". In my eyes at least. What about everyone else?
[/quote]

Brilliant choice! That's what I 'd have as a first dance at my fantasy wedding! :D
But for walking down the aisle I'd have something a bit more upbeat, like I'm Glad by Cream.

ours was take that rule the world, then on our honeymoon in italy it was kid rock all summer long
basically the axis of power turned around the time of the wedding now my music is frowned upon :P
but i won by obtaining a music room so i can play bass watch music dvd and listen to tunes whenever i like! (well almost)

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1371679956' post='2117013']
Brilliant choice! That's what I 'd have as a first dance at my fantasy wedding! :D

[/quote]

I would have thought one of Megadeath's tuneful and romantic numbers would be a far more diplomatic choice if Dave manages to free himself of his current commitments , or , more realistically , Blue Monday if you manage to get Peter to say " I do , chuck ." ( Not the 12 inch version though - neither of you is getting any younger and you will be knackered after the first three of four minutes ) .

[quote name='GuitarTart' timestamp='1371664739' post='2116814']
Can't remember what music we had (it was 1972 after all) I recall years later playing the wedding video backwards just to see myself walking out of the church a free man!
I'm divorced now.
Myk
[/quote]

Im with you
im not bitter.... but
i wish my song was this... ;)
( if you get chance to see them live JUST GO!)
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-kxKq_A0XY[/media]

Edited by funkgod

[quote name='mcgraham' timestamp='1371708584' post='2117129']
Walked down the aisle to Yann Tiersen

Walked out of the church to Totally Addicted to Bass
[/quote]

and into the last of the V8 Interceptors?
(wish I'd thought of that one!)

Down the aisle it was the traditional Wedding March.

But for walking back up the aisle afterwards, I wrote a piece for Organ which I called "Celebration". Recorded it on some early version of Cubase sequencer on an Atari STFM, and it sounded fine, so I hand transcribed it out for the organist. (no printers at home back then!)
Either my hand writing was crap (probably was for scored music, as it's pretty unreadable when I write) or his reading wasn't up to match and he hadn't practiced it, but it sounded truly awful - luckily, so bad it was funny! Coming up for 21 years ago (and still happily married)

[quote name='FuNkShUi' timestamp='1371623139' post='2116191']
I recently got married, and the wife chose the song "nothing else matters" to walk down the ailse to.
I think she just earned herself a couple of extra "cool points". In my eyes at least. What about everyone else?
[/quote]

I understand from a mutual friend that you got married VERY VERY recently.... Go on share a pic! You know the thread is worthless without it ;)

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1371759181' post='2117902']
I understand from a mutual friend that you got married VERY VERY recently.... Go on share a pic! You know the thread is worthless without it ;)
[/quote]

You are right. Ill put one up in a topic where everyone puts one up? Im vewwy vewwy shy :blush:

Edited by FuNkShUi

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1371811400' post='2118367']
Awwwww that's a lovely picture :D

Congratulations to you both, you all look so happy :D
[/quote]

Thank you, very kind!

And yes, i cant speak for everyone, but i was very happy!
Gig up in london tonight, then straight to america in the morning, from Gatwick, for our honeymoon!