Why become a member? ×

Kids Say the Darndest Things about Music and Musicians

BassTractor

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1360067472' post='1964216']
Young master discreet (when he was five): 'Dad - why am I me and not someone else?'

Me: 'Ah. Errm...?'
[/quote]

Do you know, I can remember pondering that very question when I was a little kid. When I asked my Mum she gave me the 'birds and bees' speech. But that's not what I meant. Why [b]am [/b]I me and not someone else? I'd still like to know.

My friend's 4yr old girl asked me why I wear a necklace when I'm a boy. I replied it's been something I've personally wrestled with for nearly 40yrs and she gave me a meaningful look and just nodded.

My girlfriend's 7yr old lad has taken to trying to dress like me. I came over the other week and he arrived at the door in a frighteningly identical outfit, looked at my shoes in genuine horror and simply said, "Shoes, Timmy, no!"

my son, at about 3 yrs old, was playing with a toy crocodile when the health visitor came round. On no, it's not going to bite me is it? she asked. He looked at her for a moment and simply said 'silly. It's not a real one' :D

My 8 yr old daughter often asks if she can listen to 'that angry shouty music you like'. That angry shouty music being Megadeth, Five finger death punch etc. I've had to burn her a CD of suitably filtered tracks B)

A Loooong Time ago.....I gave my eldest lad a little clapped-out Grundig record player when he was 4, along with some 'bargain bin' LP's I had picked up. The idea was, if he learned to treat stuff carefully at an early age, it might continue as he got older. It seemed to work, as he spent most nights sitting in his bedroom, playing the LP's over and over again, carefully removing the needle from the record, putting the next one on, ad infinitum. One night, while I was sitting with a room full of friends and family, it all went quiet, and after about ten minutes, he shouted "Daaaaaaaddyyyyyyyyy! Can I borrow one of your Status Quo records?" Proud of my son getting a taste for decent music, and smiling at the assembled throng, I shouted back "Why, son?"
His reply "Cos I'm f*cking pissed off with Wally Whyton!" :o

Played a 60th Birthday back last November - during the break this little lad who had been taking pictures of his family all evening came up and asked if he could take my photo - I asked whay and his honest reply was "because you're famous". I should have explained that I was only the bass player but I think he would have missed the point :)

Little miss WoT, 6 years old, after witnessing an REALLY old bloke try to down the wrong way of a dual carriageway, narrowly avoiding carnage:

Little miss WoT: [i]'Why did the man do that, daddy?'[/i]
Me:[i] 'Because he's really old, sweetheart. And sometimes really old people get confused and do silly things.'[/i]
Little miss WoT: [i]'You mean like the man who shot one of The Beatles?'[/i]

Some of my kids gems a they were growing up.

Driving on a long motorway journey. "Daddy please can we stop at the social services"

Going into a department store " Oh good we can ride on the calculators"

During a football world cup "Did the Japanions win"?

Shrove Tuesday eldest son wants to help with pancakes, "Make way for the worlds greatest tosser"

[quote name='BigAlonBass' timestamp='1360094032' post='1964802']
"Daaaaaaaddyyyyyyyyy! Can I borrow one of your Status Quo records?" Proud of my son getting a taste for decent music, and smiling at the assembled throng, I shouted back "Why, son?" His reply "Cos I'm f*cking pissed off with Wally Whyton!" :o
[/quote]

:lol:[size=4] [/size]

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1360070695' post='1964299']
Why [b]am [/b]I me and not someone else? I'd still like to know.
[/quote]
Wrong question....what if you were someone else & you met yourself & didn't like you ?
:shok:
Or if you met yourself & realise you fancied yourself.....would you take yourself out on a date ? Aww now I'm going to be thinking about this for ages now :sorry:

[quote name='fumps' timestamp='1360143837' post='1965389']
...if you met yourself & realise you fancied yourself... would you take yourself out on a date?
[/quote]

I've been going steady with me for some years, now - I'm everything I've been looking for in a partner.
And when I have sex it's always with someone I really love.

Another one from my four year old this morning. It seems she has been silently absorbing all of the words to reggae song 'Fisherman' by the Congoes, and decided to sing along with it full pelt this morning on the way to school. She has the phrasing nailed, but fills in a bit with words she can't make out. 'Hail John' was my favourite (s/b Jah)

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1360150588' post='1965549']
I've been going steady with me for some years, now - I'm everything I've been looking for in a partner.
And when I have sex it's always with someone I really love.
[/quote]

Well that's how you feel about it but how do YOU feel about it? Maybe you're lying there hoping you
will hurry up and get it finished with. Errr... I think, I've got a bit confused now! :unsure: :lol:

[quote name='chaypup' timestamp='1360151995' post='1965587']
Well that's how you feel about it but how do YOU feel about it?
[/quote]

Not sure... I think it might be an idea to give myself a bit of space.
I love me, but I'm not [i]in[/i] love with me if you see what I mean. It's not me - it's me.