Why become a member? ×

Kids Say the Darndest Things about Music and Musicians

BassTractor

[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1360157526' post='1965744']
It's a shame when it comes to that; can you and you still be just friends?
[/quote]

I doubt it. Every time we met I'd be overwhelmed by my rugged good looks and wistfully remember those romantic evenings I spent with myself just staring into the deep, limpid pools of my beautiful eyes. *Starts to blub* - I'm so sorry, I just have to... *leaves room*

[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1360159383' post='1965814']
:angry: :angry2: Now look what you've done!!! You were doing so well before you met you! What did you do to deserve that? I hope you're so proud of what you did to you!
[/quote]

Oh for God's sake, just leave me! I'll get over it - bloody drama queen! It's just a childish attention-seeking exercise. I'll be ringing me up in five minutes and asking myself out to dinner, you'll see! :rolleyes: Oh yes, I'll come crawling back - like I always do.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1360159712' post='1965829']
Oh yes, I'll come crawling back - like I always do.
[/quote]

Oh, no you won't! Not after I've phoned you and told you what you just wrote!
Ha! Best you can hope for now is if you say you can still be just cousins.

worst,
bert

[quote name='BigAlonBass' timestamp='1360094032' post='1964802']
A Loooong Time ago.....I gave my eldest lad a little clapped-out Grundig record player when he was 4, along with some 'bargain bin' LP's I had picked up. The idea was, if he learned to treat stuff carefully at an early age, it might continue as he got older. It seemed to work, as he spent most nights sitting in his bedroom, playing the LP's over and over again, carefully removing the needle from the record, putting the next one on, ad infinitum. One night, while I was sitting with a room full of friends and family, it all went quiet, and after about ten minutes, he shouted "Daaaaaaaddyyyyyyyyy! Can I borrow one of your Status Quo records?" Proud of my son getting a taste for decent music, and smiling at the assembled throng, I shouted back "Why, son?"
His reply "Cos I'm f*cking pissed off with Wally Whyton!" :o
[/quote]

:lol: fantastic!

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1360152629' post='1965602']
Not sure... I think it might be an idea to give myself a bit of space.
I love me, but I'm not [i]in[/i] love with me if you see what I mean. It's not me - it's me.
[/quote]

Sometimes I wake up, and I don't even want to talk to me. I go to work, and when I come back I pretend I don't see me. Then I go to bed, and stay still. I think I am asleep, but no, I'm just pretending I am asleep so that I don't ask me something pointless like "how was your day?"...
I just need some space. I understand what you mean. If only I could listen to myself a little sometimes...

Well despite the lack of "Thmgs that kids say" this thread has had me in stitches for so early in the morning (Not that I am mocking your dreadful relationship Discreet... You are such a lovely bloke... And well you are obviously a tosser for messing yourself around!)

Anyhow....

I came on this thread with a purpose.

A work friend told me a hilarious story yesterday, she had her Grandaughter (3) overnight on Saturday so her son and daughter in law could have a few drinks at the rugby... On the Sunday, she took her to her friends house for Sunday dinner before taking her home to her parents. The conversation went something like this.....

"So what do you like doing?" friends friend to Grandaughter
"I like looking after my chickens, I love them" Grandaughter
Panicked look from friends friend to my friend... Whispers
"Oh no, I've made a chicken dinner for lunch"
Grandaughter... Whispers back "It's OK I like eating them too" :lol:

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1360219620' post='1966776']
Well despite the lack of "Thmgs that kids say" this thread has had me in stitches for so early in the morning (Not that I am mocking your dreadful relationship Discreet... You are such a lovely bloke... And well you are obviously a tosser for messing yourself around!)

Anyhow....

I came on this thread with a purpose.

A work friend told me a hilarious story yesterday, she had her Grandaughter (3) overnight on Saturday so her son and daughter in law could have a few drinks at the rugby... On the Sunday, she took her to her friends house for Sunday dinner before taking her home to her parents. The conversation went something like this.....

"So what do you like doing?" friends friend to Grandaughter
"I like looking after my chickens, I love them" Grandaughter
Panicked look from friends friend to my friend... Whispers
"Oh no, I've made a chicken dinner for lunch"
Grandaughter... Whispers back "It's OK I like eating them too" :lol:
[/quote]

HAHA!

One of my sister's uni friends has a young boy. And i can't remember exactly why, but she was really stressed and panicking over something, and the little lad came running up to her and said "Mummy, it's alright, the most important thing to remember is... always put your trousers on before your shoes".

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1360238912' post='1967126']

HAHA!

One of my sister's uni friends has a young boy. And i can't remember exactly why, but she was really stressed and panicking over something, and the little lad came running up to her and said "Mummy, it's alright, the most important thing to remember is... always put your trousers on before your shoes".
[/quote]

That is sooooo sweet :D

Just come off the phone to my 2 year old nephew. My sister had taken him to the park this morning.

I asked him "how was the park sweetheart" he replied "Cold and Windy" :lol: he will go far that one :P