Why become a member? ×

how long should I wait before I start asking for moderator help?

alyctes

[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1359900806' post='1961747']
Wasn't something like this done once before on this forum, a few years ago in similar circumstances?
If not I have seen it work on another forum.
We don't need any names on a public forum, either real or User-names.
If it looks like it's not going forward the normal way, maybe just put the regional area of the OP & seller & see who's up for helping out. Any posts which start hazarding a guess as to who the seller is are immediately deleted upon pain of :modspank:

It's do-able; when all else has failed.
[/quote]

There was another instance similar to this. Guy from Germany bought a Jazz from a guy in Rotherham that wasn't sent. A few members tracked the guy in Rotherham down and managed to get his phone number. Long story short, I ended up phoning the guys mum, told her what a naughty boy she had, and could I have the bass please. I ended up collecting it and sending it off to Germany to the new owner.

Turned out the same guy had been selling BMW car parts through a BMW forum and not sending them.

[quote name='Bassman Steve' timestamp='1359896038' post='1961657']
I have no idea if this will help but, if the seller is my my area, I am happy to collect the bass and sort out delivery. I have no idea who the seller is and so would not need to know their identity (either in real life or on here).

If they're having some problems which are a distraction from fulfilling the obligation to the OP then I sympathise but would also want the OP to get his bass. I doubt the cost of delivery would bankrupt me and if it would help both parties then it seems a worthwhile cost too.

Any party can PM me on this and I would happily do this without any further reference to this on BC.
[/quote]

Nice offer.

Edited by JTUK

[quote name='thepurpleblob' timestamp='1359636341' post='1957949']
Please tell us you didn't get talked into making a Paypal "gift" payment. If you did, frankly, I would start worrying more :mellow:
[/quote]
Every time I have bought on here I have been asked to use the gift option in Paypal and some have refused to sell to me when I explain I am not covered by insurance, most times I have had to cover the Paypal fees myself for them to sell to me. I have only bought about three times from BC, but every time each one has wanted payment as a gift or I cover fees. Seems to be expected from most people. If its a good deal well worth covering fees yourself as at least you are covered if it hits the fan, fees aren't much either, I would rather people add them on the price in the first place then there's no awkward discussions..

Many thanks to Johngh for his efforts and also to the members who have offered their help, I am very grateful.

The seller in this case uses the BC name mojobass. If anyone here knows him, please get in touch.

thanks

Mike

[quote name='alyctes' timestamp='1359913780' post='1961971']
Many thanks to Johngh for his efforts and also to the members who have offered their help, I am very grateful.

The seller in this case uses the BC name mojobass. If anyone here knows him, please get in touch.

thanks

Mike
[/quote]

He messaged me on January 24th as he was interested in some MEC's I had for sale, but I sold them to someone else in the end.

[quote name='alyctes' timestamp='1359913780' post='1961971']
[/quote]
[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1359914366' post='1961984']
He's from my neck of the woods, isn't he?
[/quote]

I also recognise that username as being someone from in the NE... I may even have been messaging him fairly recently! If (like WoT) I can help give me a shout; I'll check if he's active on another local music forum because there's more chance of someone there giving him a 'nudge' to do the right thing.

[quote name='alyctes' timestamp='1359934614' post='1962382']
Again, thanks to all for offers of help.

I don't actually know where mojobass is based. He didn't tell me, and it wasn't in his sig or his posting details.
[/quote]
Perhaps some members who are in his 'Feedback' can remember where he posted from or where they posted to, depending on whether they bought or sold? Might be worth PM'img some of them?

He has feedback that indicates that someone in the NE has collected from him and plenty of feedback of people who have posted to and from him so addresses shouldn't be difficult. However, it does seem that he has plenty positives and if there has been talk of divorce etc, then it might be worth trying to get a phone number to speak to him personally and find out what the craic is; there may be a perfectly plausible explanation!

He's sent me and the OP a message to say he's sending the bass, so it should be resolved quickly. The guy is going through a bit of a tough time it would seem. We also now have his address as well.

I agree with Hutton. Sh*t happens to all of us, so maybe he should be cut a little bit of slack, as it is out of character going by previous feedback. :)

[quote name='Johngh' timestamp='1359980291' post='1962768']
He's sent me and the OP a message to say he's sending the bass, so it should be resolved quickly. The guy is going through a bit of a tough time it would seem. We also now have his address as well.

I agree with Hutton. Sh*t happens to all of us, so maybe he should be cut a little bit of slack, as it is out of character going by previous feedback. :)
[/quote]

Often a reason why someone is selling a bass, not always a good one.

[quote name='Johngh' timestamp='1359980291' post='1962768']
[/quote]

Yip - it's always best to get an idea of the bigger picture before drawing conclusions. I'm glad this seems to have been settled sensibly.

I think it was more "preparing for the worst" rather than jumping to conclusions.

This has been one of those moments where you're glad to be part of the community where everyone is pitching in and trying to help (rather than turning into a witch hunt).

I hope the OP gets everything he hopes for as soon as. I also hope that mojobass' issues get resolved in a timely manner :)

Great news,

I wonder if the mojobass is reading this?

I hope he see's we were just trying to help out and not 'start a witch hunt' and that he feels welcome to come back once this is all sorted.

Props (AGAIN!) to the mods, I have made it a habit that whenever a deal is slightly complicated I will bring a mod into the PM chain just to put the other parties mind at rest, they are normally happy to just stick to a quick reply in the chain then keeping their eyes on it.

Top team here, it really is.