Why become a member? ×

2013 Closet Classic Precision

discreet

Guessing you missed the thread about a month ago with the whole art, performer, gear clown whore thingy.
I am still laughing about the chap now.
(ah, no you didn't, in Skanks follow up Dingus said " some opinions are not permissable :lol: ) My mrs says that as well.

Edited by karlfer

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1364831942' post='2031418']
Ah , Inti ! ( I think that is what he was called ) . I see what you mean . At least he had the excuse of not having English as a first language . This guy is [u][i]way[/i][/u] more f***ed up than Inti , I fear .
[/quote]

:o :o :o
Skank was right about getting stocked up on cans and water then.

[quote name='12stringbassist' timestamp='1364772944' post='2030828']
OOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

HAVE YOU SEEN THE PRICE ON THESE????
[/quote]

Wot? $5,400?
That's not much!
It's RED fer cryin' out loud!
:P

I wonder what they'll charge in the UK or Norway. Must be gazillions.
Shame, as I fell in love with all three of the colours.

best,
bert

Hehe, this is all very reminiscent of the Mark V affair on a Mesa Boogie forum I used to frequent, a long thread praising the amp existed, the odd negative comment but all fairly constructive.

Someone began posting how they had bought the Mark V, how it was the worst amp ever made, how his signed gigging band were being let down by the brand despite paying full whack not artist rates.

A bunch of the posters tried to genuinely help him, work out if he had a faulty model or if he was using it funny as it is a killer amp and should have nailed the tones he wanted.

Went on for a couple of weeks when finally the thread was locked and the mod team announced they had traced the poster to being a 14 year old boy who didn't own a Mark V or any Mesa product, just there to troll.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1364793398' post='2030889']
Basschat is attracting some interesting people these days.
[/quote]

Interesting, or mentally disturbed? - [size=4][url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/203217-does-he-deserve-her/page__view__findpost__p__2024066"]http://basschat.co.u...ost__p__2024066[/url][/size]

[quote name='Hamster' timestamp='1364984378' post='2033560']
Interesting, or mentally disturbed? - [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/203217-does-he-deserve-her/page__view__findpost__p__2024066"]http://basschat.co.u...ost__p__2024066[/url]
[/quote]

I couldn't possibly comment. :D

Somehow I managed to miss all this chap's exploits. Off topic is bad for my health - I try to stay out of it...

• 5 weeks later...

[quote name='crownpoint' timestamp='1367525737' post='2066553']
...And to my best buddy of them all.. Detective Dingus! A superb person, I suppose, who calls himself "Dingus" and posts thousands of times, dissecting things, because in real-life, he knows he's brilliant and I really appreciate his super insight.

And don't you EVER doubt what I say about having this fine instrument- this is the [b]best [/b]bass for metal. Almost as good as my Kay.
You KNOW you couldn't deal with me in real life you little beotch because I'd be hiding, because internet warriors have the walk not the talk.

Buh-Bye British forum buddies. I no longer have the TIM to do you all justice.

Hugs & kisses :D
[/quote]

HE'S BACK !

Crownpoint / Redburst/ Loonytunes or whatever alias you are using on any given day , I have awaited your inevitable return with much anticipation ( well .. not that much , but if it makes you feel more important ... ) . Your bizzarre ramblings will always be fascinating to me , and if it was up to me I would never ban you from Basschat . I would love to see what a tortured individual like you could conjure up on a regular basis . Just the fact that you have actually paid good money ( or at least claim to ) for the worst piece of sh*t the Fender Custom Shop have ever made means it would be great to have you about , if only to make fun of . Basschat needs a resident asshole , and you would do a fantastic job .

Edited by Gust0o
Unapproved post quoted

[quote name='PrecPro13' timestamp='1364760773' post='2030630']
OK, then.
I own this bass-It's the only one so far built. Those that order will receive in 6 months to a year.
I saw the bass at NAMM; the right to purchase it (Dealer) was raffled. (2) months after NAMM, and after FCS
used this
for catalogue shots, etc. I paid for & received it.
The comments;
Opinions are acceptable of course, have at it. If it's not your type OK then.
But the build, playability, and sound of this instrument is 110% World-Class.
If anyone thinks tht the Fender Custom Shop build leaves anything to be desired, think again. It does not.

Most all of the comments here do not warrant reply.
Think what you want,
this is by far one of the most astounding P-Basses ever built by Fender.

Good Day, gents- Off to enjoy it.
[/quote]

how odd someone comes on here and talks at great lengths about their bass they've got, copies everything from fender's press release but doesn't tell any of us folk how it actually sounds! whats the point!
[quote name='AndyTravis' timestamp='1357859766' post='1929823']
This...

[url="http://www.cmcguitars.com/Fender-Custom-Shop-2011-NAMM-MB-DP-P-Bass-p/fender-masterbuilt-55-p-bass.htm"]http://www.cmcguitar...t-55-p-bass.htm[/url]

I would like.

Colour options etc.
[/quote] see the bass in the OP I saw and thought that the PUP config would possibly be quite interesting - but it looks ugly as.... change just the pick guard.... and it looks great!

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1367530568' post='2066672']
how odd someone comes on here and talks at great lengths about their bass they've got, copies everything from fender's press release but doesn't tell any of us folk how it actually sounds! whats the point!
[/quote]

Luke, the point is that he's apparently a well-known troll. He doesn't actually own this bass. He seems to think he's being amusing. Or perhaps even clever.

Never posted much in the way of his own shots, did he? Just a lot of catalogue fodder; and then one blurry shot on the Fender forum. Maybe his hand was shaking, thinking of the money he'd just spent, and that threw the picture.

Ah well.

[u]I[/u] think it (the bass in the OP) looks like sh*te - a parts bin special! That said, no doubt it sounds quite different, especially with the bridge pick up - I'm not a fan of single coil P bass sound so it certainly is unlikely to appeal..

However, similar thing in fiesta red with Thunderbird pick ups might be interesting. I think Pino has one - maybe Fender will change the spec if/when the sales don't match up to expectation.

I can't help wondering whether this model has come about as a result of customer feedback or Fender think they know already what people want - if the latter, it's just possible they have the Minstry for Daft Ideas working for them.

BTW I didn't read all of the posts but there seemed some seriously strange activity in this thread :gas: :D

Do we not like this bass because it is different to standard? [list]
[*]Does the awkwardness of the juxtaposition of an old style headstock with a later style body make it look thrown together?
[*]Are the odd, Musicmaster looking pups clearly a down grade on the much copied split pups?
[*]The fact that there are pups and not pup should this not happen on a P?
[*]Does a smarmy looking cast bridge instead of the bbot goes against it's utilitarian reputation?
[*]And, to cap in all, a knob where a jack socket should be is this just too sophisticated for a simple bass?
[/list]
What's actually wrong? If it's because it doesn't grace our eyes as expected then surely Fender have already won us over. We're criticising them for a product that differs from, well, their product. If we consider Fender's more commonly met design to be sacrosanct enough to rant about any variation then I feel we are lost to them.

Pick ups v scratch plate v headstock do it for me - not bothered about the other bits as much.

An analogy for me would be a Cortina with a mark 2 shell and doors, mark 1 back and mark 3 front. Sits together rather ungracefully, and looks a bit like an incorrectly completed jigsaw.

Of course it might sound fabulous, but who knows? FWIW I don't think the black body with white scratch plate does a lot for it - these tend to accentuate the bits - maybe a black plate with a sunburst body would look better.

Edited by drTStingray

The one thing that this thread seems to show is that people want Fenders to look like Fenders! The one thing you can say about such an iconic brand is that there is not a lot wrong with the styling of P or J basses!

What I would like to see is something like a ‘70s Player’ series, which would include a lightweight PJ bass with a Badass bridge and a not too chunky maple neck with a skunk stripe. Basically, the best that you would hope to find from a modded 70s fender P bass. I might even buy one myself if they got the build quality and price right…

[quote name='peteb' timestamp='1367690124' post='2068500']
The one thing that this thread seems to show is that people want Fenders to look like Fenders! The one thing you can say about such an iconic brand is that there is not a lot wrong with the styling of P or J basses!

What I would like to see is something like a ‘70s Player’ series, which would include a lightweight PJ bass with a Badass bridge and a not too chunky maple neck with a skunk stripe. Basically, the best that you would hope to find from a modded 70s fender P bass. I might even buy one myself if they got the build quality and price right…
[/quote]

Did you see the 2011/ 12 Precision Pro ? It was beautiful , which is why these latest ones are such a bad joke :

[quote name='4 Strings' timestamp='1367659956' post='2067992']
Do we not like this bass because it is different to standard? [list]
[*]Does the awkwardness of the juxtaposition of an old style headstock with a later style body make it look thrown together?
[*]Are the odd, Musicmaster looking pups clearly a down grade on the much copied split pups?
[*]The fact that there are pups and not pup should this not happen on a P?
[*]Does a smarmy looking cast bridge instead of the bbot goes against it's utilitarian reputation?
[*]And, to cap in all, a knob where a jack socket should be is this just too sophisticated for a simple bass?
[/list]
What's actually wrong? If it's because it doesn't grace our eyes as expected then surely Fender have already won us over. We're criticising them for a product that differs from, well, their product. If we consider Fender's more commonly met design to be sacrosanct enough to rant about any variation then I feel we are lost to them.
[/quote]

Good comment. For me, the price sets the context for the discussion - do I see a product which matches the price tag being asked?

Larry does, seemingly. A lot of us do not. The price sets the bar very high for the instrument.