Why become a member? ×

Anyone get any nice bass related items from Santa ?

gub

Zoom B9 (OK that was me in a fit of madness :rolleyes: )

Son & daughter in law (though mainly her as he's out of country at the mo) got me two tickets to LBGS13 for Saturday - may have one to spare as not sure MrsW is interested in accompanying me (added to which she would put a dampner on "I really shouldn't but what the heck" purchases on the day :lol: . Came as good news as I have been meaning to, but forgetting/not getting round to buying tickets for a while.

My dear Mum and Dad got me a Hofner Violin bass - gobsmacked to say the least. Always wanted one in tribute to Macca but could never really justify it to myself, not being able to imagine hen I'd put it to use. Well, it's a wonderful little bass, and it goes 'plonk'!
Good old Dad (the mastermind of the operation) got a hardcase, 'proper' Hofner flats and authentic Hofner knobs to replave the bog standard black ones that come as stock.

I'm genuinelly chuffed.

The Mrs got me the Goblin box set (prog bass overload) and the Led Zep Celebration Day Blu-Ray (very little bass sadly).

Lots of tab books and playalong books that I find useful

Also a black fender t shirt and a blue t shirt with "bass players do it deeper" from my wonderful other half, I'm wearing it tmrw to work just to really annoy them there

Edited by Geek99

I got a TC Electronic RH450 soft-case for my Ampeg PF-500 - sounds a bit illogical but it fits perfectly!
Visual Sound One-Spot power supply for all three of me pedals (9v at 1700mA!)
Some nice Elacin ear plugs for general use
An Ultimate guitar/bass/instrument stand
Hurrah for big families :lol:
Oh and tomorrow I'm picking up a G&L L2500 in a Basschat trade! Merry merry Christmas :D

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1356556771' post='1911216']
My dear Mum and Dad got me a Hofner Violin bass - gobsmacked to say the least. Always wanted one in tribute to Macca but could never really justify it to myself, not being able to imagine hen I'd put it to use. Well, it's a wonderful little bass, and it goes 'plonk'!
Good old Dad (the mastermind of the operation) got a hardcase, 'proper' Hofner flats and authentic Hofner knobs to replave the bog standard black ones that come as stock.

I'm genuinelly chuffed.

The Mrs got me the Goblin box set (prog bass overload) and the Led Zep Celebration Day Blu-Ray (very little bass sadly).
[/quote]

What an awesome family you have, top notch pressies.

I got a Kindle Fire HD.

How is that bass related, I hear you ask...

I just watched (listened to) a Miroslav Vitous solo bass gig in work (there is no-one else here) while typing a report. I also downloaded a music reading app to practice my sight reading on (I am trying to learn to read bass, treble, Bb and Eb clefs).

I got the usual but really helpful bass strings, they always say 'sorry' when giving them to me but It's really helpfull. The best though was a pile of Pickboy reefer 1.00 (sorry, pick user here) These are the only kind I use but all my usual stockists are out of them. Well chuffed.

[quote name='ML94' timestamp='1356621422' post='1911713']
I'm suprised no one got a 6 string Fodera that is spec'd out ! :lol:
[/quote]

Nah...only got the one Emperor five which I didn't think warranted posting here........yeah right.....in my dreams! :(

I have done exceedingly welll this last year for bass related goodies and didn't fancy pushing my luck any further....lol :D

[quote name='Acebassmusic' timestamp='1356623932' post='1911738']
Nah...only got the one Emperor five which I didn't think warranted posting here........yeah right.....in my dreams! :(

I have done exceedingly welll this last year for bass related goodies and didn't fancy pushing my luck any further....lol :D
[/quote]

If I won the lottery ... :lol: