Why become a member? ×

What do you keep your cables and other tat in?

Marvin

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1356436115' post='1910191']
Capital idea! :D
[/quote]

would you like to see it? i could spoil you just as its christmas and all that

i used to use a sainsburys one but that wasnt quote rocknroll enough

boss bcb3 instument and speaker cables multiblock extension rcd kettle leads small toolkit spare (old) strings chocolate

Edited by steve-bbb

A Victorinox big laptop case briefcase thing with several sections. Contains:
Leads
Mains leads
4 way
DI box
Vocal mic
GK MB200 spare head
iPod and headphones
Tuner
Speaker leads
A seeming multitude of multi tools and crap
Earplugs
A cloth
Painkillers
Batteries

Goes everywhere I play, be it bass, guitar or drums, as I know I will have everything I need, even if often I only get a lead and my earplugs out.

[quote name='Dr.Dave' timestamp='1356465146' post='1910392']
...I was going to source a GK patch or similar to put on it , covering the Wilkinsons label, but instead I printed off 2 Wilkinsons logos and stuck them on my GK combo and cab for a laugh...[/quote]

Now [i]that's [/i]what you call lateral thinking.

I've got one of [url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0002GL7ZO/?tag=hydra0b-21&hvadid=9550943109&ref=asc_df_B0002GL7ZO"]these[/url] Gator bags which carries a ton of stuff and has a front pocket for more damageable things like DB preamps, clip-on tuners and so on.

Lately I've been putting a 1m speakon and an IEC cable in the front pocket of my Shuttle gig bag just so I don't have to fish them out of the big bag.

I have a Protection Racket Tom Bag.

Fits absolutely everything: all my power supplies, leads, DI boxes, Pod, spare tuner, tools, strings, batteries, a tenner, hookers, crack and a spare pair of socks. Best thing is, is it can get a little squashed and still provide all the protection I need!

Truckstop

I've got a couple of those aluminium tool cases, one for the pa desk and then another one with cables, head,and pedals, if i'm travelling light then it just goes in a crumpler messenger bag, at home I've got lots of big hooks for storing all the cables and a shelf for pedals. One of these days I'll build a pedalboard to fit into an aluminium toolcase.
Matt