Why become a member? ×

RIP Sir Patrick Moore

ash

What a damn shame; we were only watching Sky At Night for the first time in many years two nights ago & thought he didn't look or sound well. He must have had a damn good innings!

Much respect to the guy - it's not often you find someone with his devotion to his hobby as well as his life!

[quote name='YouMa' timestamp='1355074854' post='1893700']
Is everyone not entitled to that though. Im sure my views would be a lot different if i had been born when he was. Hence me and my dad argue a lot.
[/quote]

Yes, I'm not damning the man - who am I to judge? I'm sad to see him pass as I think he made broadcasting in the UK more diverse and interesting. But I'd also feel uncomfortable if nothing was said at all about some of his views. I'm sure his shoulders are broad enough and he'd argue his corner if he were here :)

Free speech? The left as bad as the right? Until you haved lived in a persons shoes? I know its wrong but i think we should just concentrate on the positives. He wasnt such a bad bloke was he? I mean he didnt start the black shirts or anything,or enforce dark matter on us.

Edited by YouMa

[quote name='hollywoodrox' timestamp='1355237867' post='1895772']
Any votes for Brian cox as a replacement ( not that he can be replaced but you know what I mean)
[/quote]

I don't think he's eccentric enough or even has a strong personality. Did someone mention Wilco Johnson earlier? Now that would be excellent!

As long as it's not Brian May!

Edited by paul torch

[quote name='hollywoodrox' timestamp='1355237867' post='1895772']
It's another irreplaceable character gone, does anyone remember him on the program gamesmaster too where he played the gamesmaster how bizarre . Any votes for Brian cox as a replacement ( not that he can be replaced but you know what I mean)
[/quote]

Cant see it somehow. Needs to be an eccentric nutter, in order to keep normal people interested in a such a dull subject. Otherwise it would turn into just another geeky program like the Gadget show or Top Gear. Watching and listening to P.M is what made it interesting.

[quote name='paul torch' timestamp='1355238441' post='1895785']
As long as it's not Brian May!
[/quote]

A well known, knowledgeable, intelligent, published, qualified life long enthusiast? Perish the thought!!

Edited by pnefc42