Why become a member? ×

Micro Heads with Vintage Styled Cabs

Salt on your Bass?

Hi all,

I'm looking at putting a rig together sometime next year, comprising of a barefaced S12 or 15 with something like either an OTB, Streamliner or GK Fusion. Sold all my gear recently to free up some cash (OTB and compact).

Whilst its pretty vein, I'm not sure on the grille cover so wondered if anyone fancied showing off their vintage/vintage styled rig with a micro on top? Does this look weird?! Is a big cab and micro weird?!

Interested in anything form a Terror bass down! Plus Its always noce to see some rigs!! :)

Hmm, yeah probably not the best time to chuck up a 'show me your rigs cause I'm curious!'. Yeah, that looks pretty tidy though!

JTUK, thats a mesa rig? I was toying with that idea for a while, but price point is a massive issue for me. I never really noticed much difference going between my ampeg SVT3 pro and genz shuttle 9 when I changed over.

[quote name='Salt on your Bass?' timestamp='1354545032' post='1887172']
Hmm, yeah probably not the best time to chuck up a 'show me your rigs cause I'm curious!'. Yeah, that looks pretty tidy though!

JTUK, thats a mesa rig? I was toying with that idea for a while, but price point is a massive issue for me. I never really noticed much difference going between my ampeg SVT3 pro and genz shuttle 9 when I changed over.
[/quote]

Actually it isn't Mesa, sorry,
I used the term as the amp is big head but it is a DB750 thru 2 DB210's.
I think it is a more modern and usable take on the big Valve amps and weighs almost as much
due to the massive power stage.

It is part of my anti Class D/NEO thing :lol:

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1354556790' post='1887336']
It is part of my anti Class D/NEO thing :lol:
[/quote]

You know you can get an Anti-D injection - you just have to be rhesus negative blood group, a woman and preganant to qualify! :D

Some pretty nice looking rigs. Anyone rocking a GK or F1 then? I agree, thats probably as daft as its gonna look.....??

Although I don't use a micro head myself, see this thread for a pic of my cab with a little cute amp on top... It's even [i]called[/i] a Vintage, so you can't get much more "vintage" than that! :)

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/191022-used-a-barefaced-vintage-last-night/page__p__1859523__hl__vintage__fromsearch__1#entry1859523

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1354650576' post='1888801']
Although I don't use a micro head myself, see this thread for a pic of my cab with a little cute amp on top... It's even [i]called[/i] a Vintage, so you can't get much more "vintage" than that! :)

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/191022-used-a-barefaced-vintage-last-night/page__p__1859523__hl__vintage__fromsearch__1#entry1859523
[/quote]

I gigged a BFB Vintage with the GK MB200 a couple of times. That looked great IMO :)

[quote name='Salt on your Bass?' timestamp='1354529693' post='1886917']
....Is a big cab and micro weird?!....
[/quote]

When I was growing up anything other than a stack of 2 412 cabs looked pretty anaemic!

I don't think looks matter these days. I'm happy that gear is just small black boxes, as long as they sound great.