Why become a member? ×

Nate mendel signature bass

Icunningham

[quote name='jezzaboy' timestamp='1357244640' post='1919859']
Hey guys and Gals!!

Guitarguitar have 2 of these in stock. I was going to get one but I`m a bit short of the cash the noo so will buy a Epi Tbird classic.

And they do 12 months intrest free as well ;)
[/quote]
Now I'd be interested to hear about the Tbird Classic when you get it. I see GAK are doing them at £320 for the sunburst....

[quote name='RandomBass' timestamp='1357291357' post='1920336']
Now I'd be interested to hear about the Tbird Classic when you get it. I see GAK are doing them at £320 for the sunburst....
[/quote]

The T bird ain`t gonna happen as the bank manager (or the wife as she is sometimes know) says NO!! I see that the price of the NM has risen to £674. Fender strike again!!

One's just arrived at my shop.

Cannot fault it for the price; feels ace, looks amazing, and sounds great (if not a bit modern which is at odds with the feel, but it's his spec so I'm not saying its 'wrong' as such.)

If you like Fenders, this is one to try, can't believe it for the asking price.

[quote name='Damonjames' timestamp='1352481383' post='1863701']
The Nate sig is a p bass with some body contour mods and a p bass neck and nut width but with a "slim c" neck profile.
[/quote]
I used to be a 'slim c', but with the onset of middle-age spread, I am heading rapidly towards 'fat c' :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1349123034' post='1822218']
Not mad on the colour, bridge or pickup choice!

Cool idea to him a sig bass though :)
[/quote]

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1357825483' post='1929005']
I want one.
[/quote]

Ah, the fickle nature of GAS!

Congrats!
someone will have a surprisingly lightweight box delivered when they receive what's supposed to be their Nate Mendel bass ;)

Anyways - I read somewhere that the body of this bass is made of ash and finished with nitro. Is that the case?

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' timestamp='1359817990' post='1960724']
It's a very slim, quite shallow P Bass neck Graham. Very comfortable, but doesn't feel like a Jazz neck. It's more somewhere inbetween.

The pickups are SD Quarterpounders but don't sound overly aggressive to me which suits me fine :)
[/quote]
Cheers, I'm really liking the sound of this, will have to look out for one try.

We had one of these for 3/4 days in my shop, and I was we'll impressed; great stuff from Fender.

Think one is on my list of 'will probably end up with one' had my 77 in for a restring when it arrived, and the ageing (rather than relic or Roadworn) is really subtle.

Loved the neck too.

The lad who bought it did so purely on the merits of the bass rather than the NM connection, I assume many of these basses will sell on the spec rather than the association.