Why become a member? ×

Yikes......not sure....Yikes

fumps

Gross or funnily nice
Not interested in buying it but i just keep thinking Yikes....then i kind of like it ......but still Yikes

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130735804062?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2661"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130735804062?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2661[/url]

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/130497-lean-mean-green-pedulla-machine/page__hl__nuclear%20green"]http://basschat.co.u...nuclear%20green[/url]

I love this bass, but my I'd be thrown out of the band if I turned up with it! The shape of the MVP is lovely, and IMO spoiled by a burst finish as it makes those lovely gooey horns less obvious.
Its in-your-face looks are great, but more importantly it's had some serious upgrades. I'll be happy for SW when it sells, as it's been on there for ages and he's been pissed about a fair bit, but will also be a bit sad that it's not going to me.

Edited by Roland Rock

I know exactly what you mean. I'd love it as a quality instrument and as something cool and different, but at the same time I'd be slightly self-conscious playing it. I'd imagine it's taking a while to sell for that reason, but sooner or later someone will come along and snap it up as it will be perfect for them.

Edited by Roland Rock

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1343310557' post='1748731']
I know exactly what you mean. I'd love it as a quality instrument and as something cool and different, but at the same time I'd be slightly self-conscious playing it. I'd imagine it's taking a while to sell for that reason, but sooner or later someone will come along and snap it up as it will be perfect for them.
[/quote]
Yeh Nail on head......I love it loads but not sure if I would want to own it......god i wish i had a gooder command of the English wordsish !

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1343309182' post='1748687']
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/130497-lean-mean-green-pedulla-machine/page__hl__nuclear%20green"]http://basschat.co.u...nuclear%20green[/url]

I love this bass, but my I'd be thrown out of the band if I turned up with it! The shape of the MVP is lovely, and IMO spoiled by a burst finish as it makes those lovely gooey horns less obvious.
Its in-your-face looks are great, but more importantly it's had some serious upgrades. I'll be happy for SW when it sells, as it's been on there for ages and he's been pissed about a fair bit, but will also be a bit sad that it's not going to me.
[/quote]

Well I admit that its not everyones cup of tea, but I wish people would make their mind up before contacting me! I know a deal is not done until its done, but its incredibly frustrating the amount of people who said they would take it, only to turn around a couple of days later, sometimes after i had paid for a courier to say they no longer want it.

Lots of people loved the finish when I showed it to them, and said they would love to own it, but those same people are now refusing good trade offers for it. Its amazing how two-faced people have been with me in Pms.

Ah well. I have seen something I like so had to reduce the basses price again.

And to people who think they would look silly with the finish, it makes you look fun, not silly! :D

[quote name='Shockwave' timestamp='1343657566' post='1753202']....
Lots of people loved the finish when I showed it to them, and said they would love to own it, but those same people are now refusing good trade offers for it. Its amazing how two-faced people have been with me in Pms.

And to people who think they would look silly with the finish, it makes you look fun, not silly! :D
[/quote]

I think a fair percentage of "that looks awesome mate" on here is simply lip service... and with you being a mod you are probably open to more sycophantism than most.

I am a creative person who hates to follow the flock and am drawn to almost anything unique or left-field.... that's what this bass says to me. I'm not scared to be myself.

Love the colour personally but not the shape :)

Would I own it? Yep, if it played well and the neck wasn't too skinny. Would I pay that much for it? Personally, no... but not because it's not worth it (far from) just because it's not worth that much to me (and I have no cash atm).

[quote name='Shockwave' timestamp='1343657566' post='1753202']
[/quote]

Its very easy to say "dude, thats awesome" when you're not ever going to actually own a thing.

Personally, I kinda like it, but its not something I'd ever buy for myself.

The shape doesn't photograph well but it looks great in person. Not such a fan of the colour though, and a shame to see the Bartolini pickups missing. A 'buzz with Barts and an expoxied board is one of the best sounding fretless basses around. I've not had as much time with MVP's though.

[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1343689903' post='1753879']
The shape doesn't photograph well but it looks great in person. Not such a fan of the colour though, and a shame to see the Bartolini pickups missing. A 'buzz with Barts and an expoxied board is one of the best sounding fretless basses around. I've not had as much time with MVP's though.
[/quote]

I had a buzz with barts and this MVP had barts originally, tbh they sounded dark and lifeless to me. The EMGS in this one really makes the bass all that more alive!

[quote name='Shockwave' timestamp='1343657566' post='1753202']
Well I admit that its not everyones cup of tea, but I wish people would make their mind up before contacting me! I know a deal is not done until its done, but its incredibly frustrating the amount of people who said they would take it, only to turn around a couple of days later, sometimes after i had paid for a courier to say they no longer want it.

Ah well. I have seen something I like so had to reduce the basses price again.

[/quote] you've been messed around more than most.... but it's a bright green bass.
a bright green bass.
so a bit harder to sell, as you have found.

I would probably say I would love to own it, cos it does look like something brill. But like many I am sure, don't have space for a a bright green bass as my main bass.