Why become a member? ×

What's the last bassline you learned?

Doc B

[quote name='Starvolt' post='385300' date='Jan 19 2009, 07:42 PM']Feeling Good (Muse version)

great tune![/quote]

KOL "Sex on fire"
KOL "Use Somebody"
Nickelback "Never again"

Although really I'm learning these rather than 'learned' these

Just mastered "Safety Dance". It's a silly little song, but everyone likes it and it makes Hot Tub happy. ;) Tomorrow night's project is Status Quo's "Burning Bridges".

Working on a wee bassline for Rufus Wainwright's piano/vocal version of "Hallelujah".

Ralph McTell's "Streets Of London" is causing me some problems at the moment
(along the lines of: Bass guitar--->bedroom window--->pavement :wacko: ).

And don't get me started on the Blackmore's Night version of "Greensleeves"!

:P

Note to self: Must do "Uncle Tom's Cabin" by Warrant. Mrs HT loves it.

Edited by Hot Tub

[quote name='hitchy64' post='383275' date='Jan 17 2009, 02:52 PM']This sounds like most practices I've been to over the years. You spend hours listening and re-listening to songs only for the others to either not bother learning them, or worst still, change their minds and suggest other songs for learning...
Yeh...i'v been their!!![/quote]

Glad read this. I thought it was just me! Drives you bl00dy mad sometimes.

I'm currently learning Lovecats, The Cure on my new upright bass. Not that we'll ever do it in the band, but hey. I like the tune and it's quite a challenge.

stand by me...
years ago

every song i get to play gets a new bassline each time i play it

playing others stuff straight out doesnt appeal to me although i do pinch the odd bit here and there

[url="http://video.aol.com/video-detail/learn-simple-bass-riffs-stand-by-me/302452753"]http://video.aol.com/video-detail/learn-si...by-me/302452753[/url]

;)

Edited by mrcrow

[quote name='MickyGinger' post='394250' date='Jan 29 2009, 12:21 AM']Well i'm studying at Tech Music Schools in Acton, so i have to learn a new bassline to perform every week. Last one was I Shot The Sherrif, nice! ;)[/quote]
I love that bass line,last time i played it was with a couple of salts from whitstable,had a great time that night.Good luck with your course,and stick with it.

[quote name='MickyGinger' post='394250' date='Jan 29 2009, 12:21 AM']Well i'm studying at Tech Music Schools in Acton, so i have to learn a new bassline to perform every week. Last one was I Shot The Sherrif, nice! ;)[/quote]

Cool song. Who's version? I have planned to learn the Bob marley version at some point.

I'm just working on stuff from the real book at the moment. learnt Naima last night (chords, melody, and typical b-line) and have spent the last week or so trying to get the specific phrasing for wes montgomery solo on "4on6" (massive standard for jazz blues guitar) its a b#st#rd!