Why become a member? ×

What's the last bassline you learned?

Doc B

[quote name='WarPig' post='269244' date='Aug 25 2008, 12:40 AM']Yes its fun to play, especially the solo. Ive got the guitar pro file for it but heres the TAB [url="http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/k/kasabian/club_foot_ver2_btab.htm"]http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/k/kasa...t_ver2_btab.htm[/url][/quote]
Thank you! :)

[quote name='WarPig' post='269244' date='Aug 25 2008, 12:40 AM']Sunshine is a classic track, just the blues scale in D and G.[/quote]

Yes, it fits in nicely to the point I've been learning. Best thing is that my mum recognises it, I played it to her and she was delighted it was something she knew, but then she said - oh it's a bit low isn't it :huh: then we had a conversation about the fact that it's a bass, not a standard guitar and it's meant to be lower...

Whitesnake - Too Many Tears
Faith No More - Easy, to name a few rock-ballad basslines... They're so tasty!

I hope, I'll be finishing Dream Theater's - Constant Motion and Metallica's - One in days...

DT's just for fun, and Tallica's for my tribute band...

Oh, and I've done Pastor of Muppets not that long ago...

Just been invited to act as a dep for someone in a local covers band so had about 15 songs to learn in a week so they could rehearse without their regular bass player. I think they were surprised I'd learned as much as I did in the time which counted in my favour but it was mostly straightforward stuff even for my level. Don't know how many gigs I'll get to do with them yet. Probably the most fun out of the lot was Action, the old Sweet / Def Leppard tune.

All this weekend just gone:_

Take Your Mama Out - Scissor Sisters
Since U Been Gone - Kelly Clarkson
I Love Rock & Roll - Joan Jett
Don't Stop Believing - Journey

Yes, it's a cheesey covers band! :) And no, I do not have any integrity! :huh: :huh:

[quote name='uptonmark' post='270488' date='Aug 26 2008, 06:44 PM']imo, one of the funkiest riffs of all time and easy to play too[/quote]

Try switching back forth between Disco Inferno & Boogie Oogie Oogie - great funky fun for all the family :huh:

Speaking of which - I've been learning Dream Come True by the Brand New Heavies :)

Edited by molan

[quote name='StevieC' post='224964' date='Jun 23 2008, 01:01 PM']Good on ya! A bit of a challenge that one. Every Rush song has a great bass part. Have you looked at 'territories' or 'analogue kid'?[/quote]

Wandered into this thread again today for first time in ages...

We finally got Mission nailed after a few weeks of playing it through. Once we noticed that Neil Peart has changed what he does on the most recent tour, providing a much better cue for the marimba section, it fell into place.

We haven't played Territories, but we did play around with Middletown Dreams from Power Windows - nice Wal sound on that album. We did Analog Kid for a while, until the guitarist decided it was boring to play. My Rickenbackers got a good workout on that one.

To stay on topic, but with a total change of pace and with my other band: the most recent song I learned was Single Handed Sailor by Dire Straits. It's a fairly simple bassline, but providing the drummer's up to providing the right drum part - and fortunately ours is - there's a really nice groove develops in this song.

Edited by jonsmith