Why become a member? ×

It's him, again....

[quote name='Johnston' timestamp='1342820429' post='1741646']Is it just me or is the bridge at a funny angle? Up at the front?[/quote]
If I'm understanding what he's done, that because he's rammed a bit of wood behind the bridge assembly. Too big a bit of wood, hence the jaunty angle of the bridge plate, and the ski jump saddles.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' timestamp='1342821492' post='1741665']
Won't electric strings on a cheap acoustic pull the bridge away from the body?
[/quote]

Au contraire, mon ami. Unless the cheap acoustic should have nylon strings on it (normally you can tell because the headstock is slotted rather than having the tuners sticking up vertically), electric strings (typically starting with an 8, 9 or 10 top E string and having a plain G) will be lighter than acoustic strings (starting with a 10, 11 or 12 E string and with a wound G).

[quote][color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][left] I buy Gould Gothic guitars brand new from Chase for £90 and after my work I sell them for £160... which they easily deserve.[/left][/size][/font][/color][/quote]

:blink:

[quote name='waynepunkdude' timestamp='1342821492' post='1741665']
Won't electric strings on a cheap acoustic pull the bridge away from the body?
[/quote]

No, but they will sound utterly fecking horrible. particularly when you can get light gauge acoustic strings, which don't. :)

It is only a matter of time until MDP starts making and branding his very own guitars and basses.

We only have to delve back a short period in history to uncover evidence of this natural progression: Leo Fender was well known for his fannying around with a blowtorch in order to 'improve' the then-popular double-basses, and came in for much the same criticism on the Internet forums of the day.

I see the development of MDP's own brand of instrument as a positive step as there is really so little on telly these days (what with Father Ted having disappeared from the airwaves etc).

CB

'cloudburst'

I see the development of MDP's own brand of instrument as a positive step as there is really so little on telly these days (what with Father Ted having disappeared from the airwaves etc).

MB1. B)
..."Carefull Now! ,Down with this sort of thing!"

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1342808413' post='1741410']
[size=4][font=Arial]There could be a prize* of guitar strap for someone who can make the above words into an understandable sentence...[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=Arial]* Only if you are directly related to Django Reinhart and you were born on the 28th February 2012[/font][/size]

[/quote]

Brilliant! :lol:

[quote name='the hand of john curley' timestamp='1343057017' post='1744448']
He looks like Stuart Sutcliffe too.
[/quote]

Stuart Sutcliffe? Original mop top and painter of abstracts? Surely not...

Yeah but I bet he didn't Lower the action to recut the original nut to
Then re set the action thus not having the nut re cut and the neck straightened due to a curvature similar to that of earth seen from space hols dancing the fandango and charging 10x the original cost....eh...eh...did he ??? Well ...DID HE?
I need a lay down .

Latest is the guy beat me on a Kay precision (he got it for £40 or somewhere near that. He's managed to snap the truss rod, and is selling the neck and body seperate...!!!??? £30 ish for a neck with a truss rod that he has shafted with his innept attempts at refurbishment....

[quote name='the hand of john curley' timestamp='1343069139' post='1744777']
I actually meant Peter Sutcliffe ;)
Easy mistake !!!!!!!
[/quote]
[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1343069896' post='1744806']
The Yorkshire Shredder.
[/quote]

Ha! Ha! ;)