Why become a member? ×

It's him, again....

[quote name='KingBollock' timestamp='1343599933' post='1752663']This bloke has the idea that a low action is good and he doesn't care if he leaves it looking like it's been run over by a train to get it, it's in his head and that's it.[/quote]
Now, that's what I call hitting the nail on the head. He's got an idea, and he's going to abuse it (as well as abuse the unfortunate guitars and basses that pass through his hand).

And as for dreams, it's not imagining what's in his head that gives me nightmares, it's imagining what's in the heads of the people who buy the sh*t he sells. Now, that's what I call frightening!

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1343636595' post='1752827']
Cutting and filing bone creates one of the most god awful smells ever - reminds me of that burning smell the dentist sometimes makes drilling a tooth for a filling. Blech! It's a necessary evil though.
[/quote]

I remember someone on here cut their own from cow bone a while ago and this particular detail put me off ever trying it myself! :lol:

Anybody find it strange that [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=190698901197&nma=true&rt=nc&si=m9lL%252FzqYRnOMnP6mosCBFbiexqY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc"]this[/url] guitar sold on [color=#333333]13 July and the guy was so iutterly mpressed with the guitar that he left[/color] this feedback on the 19th - [i]The most fun I've had on eBay. Gr8 item, friendly communication, Thank You...[/i]

Yet [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electric-guitar-by-Axe-Guitars-with-soft-learner-string-action-for-new-fingers-/190699524337?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item2c6693d0f1"]this[/url] item has just finished tonight.

... MDP racks up one more +ve feedback.... despite nothing being sold.

Isn't it a shame [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hondo-2-Iceman-working-restoration-with-full-set-up-in-progress-/190708292581?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item2c67199be5"]this[/url] beastie has been through his incompetent hands too. I was amused to read his description of the ply body "[color=#008000][i][size=4]The body is made with laminations of maple and mahogany [/size][/i][/color]...." :D And yes he felt it necessary to file the nut on this lovely old girl.
[size=4]Also[/size][i][size=4] "[color=#008000]First job on the neck was to remove the nut and improve the glue joint between the neck and fretboard at the top... [/color]a common problem on very old guitars but quite easily fixed.[/size]" [/i]Haha yeah happens all the time - I can just imagine how that "repair" turned out. :D

I came across *[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Classical-Suzuki-guitar-made-in-Japan-by-Luthier-Antonarra-/190706326849?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item2c66fb9d41"]this[/url] one by accident earlier today. I decided to google Suzuki Antonarra to check who this famous luthier was. I went through 5 pages of results for him (before loosing the will) some in different languages where everything came back with our esteemed friend's auction. Try it. :D No wonder he's selling these planks he cornering the market. :lol:

*It's a shame that someone put their foot through it though (his deduction not mine)... but as he goes on to explain [i]"[color=#008000][size=4]you rarely find old guitars without some element of having seen action along the way[/size][/color]" [/i]so i's ok then.

Oh and has anyone noticed how he now sets the necks up [i]"just a tadge off flat"[/i] since it was mentioned on here. :D

[size=3]"[color=#000000][font=Arial]Unless you already have an amp at home I would advise you to start off playing the guitar as it is acoustically... why amplify your errors for the amusement of the rest of the house; though they won't stay amused for very long!" WHAT?!?!?![/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial]He is now a master [/font][/color][font=Arial][color=#000000]apparently[/color][/font]

[color=#000000][font=Arial](master guitar improver!)[/font][/color][/size]

Edited by waynepunkdude

[quote name='waynepunkdude' timestamp='1344124572' post='1760248'][size=3][color=#000000][font=Arial]He is now a master [/font][/color][font=Arial][color=#000000]apparently[/color][/font][/size][/quote]
We're either all, or have been, masters. But we're not all, or ever will be, planks. Or maybe that should be "laminations of maple and mahogany".

And why the f*ck is absolutely everything that passes through his hands made from mahogany, even the stuff that's made from maple?!

Edited by noelk27

I love the way as a master luthier he now sets up the strap length too:

"
[size=5][font="Arial"]I shall sell this with strap set to roughly the best length I think you want to start playing... hung fairly high for your left hand to get hold of chords properly... a guitar slung round your knees might look cool in the mirror, but you will struggle to play barre chords properly."[/font][/size]

[font="Arial"][size="5"][size=4]I can only assume through ESP he knows your height and body shape and threads the strap through the buckle accordingly....[/size][/size][/font]

[font="Arial"][size="5"][size=4]The logical conclusion is him pre-setting the controls for the best chordal tones......[/size][/size][/font]