Why become a member? ×

need some songs to learn by geezer and JPJ

tommorichards

JPJ's playing on 'The Lemon Song' (Led Zep II) is a masterclass on 3 chords, in fact, all of zeppelin II is worth learning. Someone else will have to recommend some of Geezer's stuff as I can't get past Ozzy's voice, and consequently don't have any Sabbath.

I was listening to Communication Breakdown in the car the other day, and I mean actually listening, rather than just hearing it, as am not a Zep fan to be honest, and I was knocked out by JPJs bassline. Incredibly melodic. Think I`ll have to have a re-visit on Led Zep.

Geezer-wise, I love 'All Moving Parts (Stand Still') from Technical Ecstasy. Bit funky!

Don't forget - 'Junior's Eyes' from Never Say Die too - always love that.

In fact, I love to jam with all the Sabs' 70's albums - loads of great stuff. Even though I probably am jamming some of it wrong!

Great player, Geezer - never really gets the cred that many others, often unjustifiably, do.

[quote name='PURPOLARIS' timestamp='1341619036' post='1722059']
Fairies Wear Boots has some nice bass in it as well as Iron Man.
[/quote]

Not Terry himself but still good...

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DBHqdxZrd4&feature=watch_response"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DBHqdxZrd4&feature=watch_response[/url]