Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash No.6, Surrey, Saturday 29th September 2012

Hamster

[quote name='waynepunkdude' timestamp='1349296263' post='1824511']
Can I just point out a pet peave,

Jhk was in the corner chatting to a newbie who was a little frustrated by what he was able to do, so he was showing him scales and what-not to help him along but he was constantly being interrupted by constant machine gunning in the corner, I don't mind slap or what have but it doesn't have to be that loud, I wish people would just turn down a bit, it's not a guitar bash.
[/quote]

I thought we had a slap tax for those situations. Admittedly it was a bit annoying. (Though at the end of the bash I did start turning up a bit)

[quote name='waynepunkdude' timestamp='1349296263' post='1824511']
Can I just point out a pet peave,

Jhk was in the corner chatting to a newbie who was a little frustrated by what he was able to do, so he was showing him scales and what-not to help him along but he was constantly being interrupted by constant machine gunning in the corner, I don't mind slap or what have but it doesn't have to be that loud, I wish people would just turn down a bit, it's not a guitar bash.
[/quote]

I was guilty of being a bit loud at times too, but in my defense I had just discovered the distortion pedal of my dreams :lol:

[quote name='51m0n' timestamp='1349348977' post='1825004']
This is very odd, quite a first for me, I have caused two people to go out and buy fx pedals having heard and played them at the Bash.

Weird!
[/quote]

I did say you were creating GAS when I posted that photo of you surrounded by your disciples :D

We have tweeted and facebooked your blog, so hopefully more people will notice it.

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1349007845' post='1820550'] Hi Folks Wow! What a great day.... ( Lastly, have to mention those that couldn't be with us yesterday for a variety of reasons: Happy Jack, silddx, Clarky, Bassace, Stingray 5, Merton, johnnylager and Jakenewmanbass.. You were very definitely missed - despite it being a great day - but hopefully, we'll see you next year.. Nik [/quote]

How kind of you to think of me. I had previously got in touch with Colin to say that I may have difficulty getting there due to a previous commitment ( a helicopter flight over the Olympic Stadium no less) but what I didn't expect was to be ambulanced off to hospital with pneumonia. All adding to my annus horibilis. Great to see all the photos of the event and so pleased you all had a good time. Always a landmark in the BC year. Next time, hopefully.

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1349540543' post='1827552']
Yeah, apparently a few people have gone looking for pedals (OC-2s mostly) after my talk, this pleases me :)

Si
[/quote]

You may have singlehandedly pushed up the price of these though - we'll see next time one is for sale on ebay!!

[quote name='MacDaddy' timestamp='1349540840' post='1827559']
As the SE Bash seems to be the biggest, and we no longer have the National bash, how would the organizers and managemennt feel about the SE bash becoming the National?
[/quote]

As to a national Basschat Bash, that's down to Ped & Kiwi really...but it's a good idea IMO..Quite how you could do that without locating it somewhere more central, I don't know though?

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1349630614' post='1828467']
You may have singlehandedly pushed up the price of these though - we'll see next time one is for sale on ebay!!
[/quote]

Si has shares in an online vintage Boss pedals emporium, obviously...

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1349636309' post='1828563']

As to a national Basschat Bash, that's down to Ped & Kiwi really...but it's a good idea IMO..Quite how you could do that without locating it somewhere more central, I don't know though?
[/quote]

I would love to go to a decent bass bash, but this one is just too far away really. I guess you stand the most chance of it being accessibleto most people if it's somewhere like Bristol or Birmingham.

[quote name='TRBboy' timestamp='1349708697' post='1829399']
I would love to go to a decent bass bash, but this one is just too far away really. I guess you stand the most chance of it being accessibleto most people if it's somewhere like Bristol or Birmingham.
[/quote]

Yes, but that is too far from me, and wouldn't be an SE Bass Bash at all in that event.

There's no definitive need for a national Basschat Bash, though it'd be nice if it happened again.. The last one was in Northampton and that was just about do-able for me in terms of distance...

As Si said, what we have now is the South East Bash and that hopefully, it is meeting the need down here for everyone to get together and have a great day.

Probably the best and easiest thing is to have lots a really good regional events happening throughout the year..

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1349620756' post='1828346']
Great pics! Looks like it was a lovely bash. Wish I could have been there. I will be at the next one.
[/quote]

You better come, or you'll get bashed. Bashed for not coming to the bash by all the bashers from the bash. So don't risk a bashing, don't be bashful and come to the next bash.

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1349714875' post='1829522']

You better come, or you'll get bashed. Bashed for not coming to the bash by all the bashers from the bash. So don't risk a bashing, don't be bashful and come to the next bash.
[/quote]
:)

Hey did you resolve the problem with your amp?

[quote name='barneyg42' timestamp='1349717004' post='1829558']
:)

Hey did you resolve the problem with your amp?
[/quote]

Hi Col, not as yet I'm afraid :( . I called Matamp and they ran through a few things, non of which sorted it, plus checked all the the fuses and they were fine. They would sort it for me, but I'd have to get it too Huddersfield and it's a bit of a trek. Hamster recommended I try Steve's Amps in Surrey, but he's flat out and not taking any new work for a couple of months. That's as far as I've got.

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1349717673' post='1829570']

Hi Col, not as yet I'm afraid :( . I called Matamp and they ran through a few things, non of which sorted it, plus checked all the the fuses and they were fine. They would sort it for me, but I'd have to get it too Huddersfield and it's a bit of a trek. Hamster recommended I try Steve's Amps in Surrey, but he's flat out and not taking any new work for a couple of months. That's as far as I've got.
[/quote]

Ah bummer, I was looking forward to hearing it at the Bash as I was pretty sure I was going to change my rig, probably out of my price range but would have been good to hear. I've used Steve before, very good but as Hamster says very busy and I think he still has a pretty good day job nearby. House full of amps and a little upstairs bedroom full of meters, valves and repair equipment, great stuff! Good luck on getting it sorted, looks an awesome piece of kit.

[quote name='barneyg42' timestamp='1349721008' post='1829644']
Ah bummer, I was looking forward to hearing it at the Bash as I was pretty sure I was going to change my rig, probably out of my price range but would have been good to hear. I've used Steve before, very good but as Hamster says very busy and I think he still has a pretty good day job nearby. House full of amps and a little upstairs bedroom full of meters, valves and repair equipment, great stuff! Good luck on getting it sorted, looks an awesome piece of kit.
[/quote]

Cheers Pal, good to meet you too and thanks for all the help :)

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1349717673' post='1829570']
[/quote]Depending where you are you might try Peter Hall in Gerard Street Brighton who did a good job of rebuilding my Marshall Superbass...mind the only link I could find for him was on another forum, one as a rec followed by :o & no no no from someone else. Don't understand that one as the work he did for me on the rebuild and also my sons Engl seemed fine. Who knows?

[quote name='WalMan' timestamp='1349722000' post='1829667']
Depending where you are you might try Peter Hall in Gerard Street Brighton who did a good job of rebuilding my Marshall Superbass...mind the only link I could find for him was on another forum, one as a rec followed by :o & no no no from someone else. Don't understand that one as the work he did for me on the rebuild and also my sons Engl seemed fine. Who knows?
[/quote]

Thanks for that. It might be nice to find someone in the Berks/Bucks region. I think there is a recommended Amp menders thread around here, I should have a look. Failing that I might have a few days away up North.